What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

some11

Referee
Nearly all top level rugby teams around the world that wear Canterbury (CCC) have gotten rid of the teardop design, surely it will be gone on NRL jerseys next year. Which is great news for Bulldogs and Warriors supporters.

Here's a taste of what their new collars look like. MUCH better.

1312993437-20321800.jpg

Looks way better, hopefully the Warriors ditch the stupid hoops as well.

Spitty

Juniors
Panthers will not be changing there home jersey. 2011 was the first season in that design (I know it's not very different to the previous seasons jersey, but it was different enough for the NRL to consider it a new design). Source: Panthers merchandise and membership manager.

The Alternate jersey is still up in the air. I can confirm that it won't be teal. It may be the white jersey we wore all of this year, although that was supposed to be a one off "White ribbon campaign" jersey, which we wore forced to wear more often than expected. The white jersey has proven to be a very strong seller and very popular among fans. Next years 'members jersey' is based on that design, I'll try and find a link. So it's a very good chance.

But Penrith being Penrith, there is always a chance they'll keep the white jersey as a "white ribbon" jersey and members jersey, as well as create a new away jersey just so that they can boost sales. fingers crossed thats not the case.

Heritage will be the liquorice allsorts agains.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Gus keeps dropping hints about the pink jersey doesn't he? Not sure how that would go as a full-time away jersey though.

beave

Coach
Charity reasons aside, the pink jersey is bloody heinous. The white one is pretty decent though, if thats the alternate jersey they end up choosing, then I doubt there would be many complaints.

Spitty

Juniors
Gus keeps dropping hints about the pink jersey doesn't he? Not sure how that would go as a full-time away jersey though.

Gus did make a comment on 'The Sunday Roast' that we'd be seeing more of the pink jersey next year. I didn't see it, but everyone I've spoken to who did see it said it was very tongue in cheek.

Interestingly on the "Panthers interactive" forum the merchandise manager put up a pole for what the fans wanted as the away jersey and a pink jersey was an option. The white jersey won by a landslide and the pink jersey option was very unpopular. But, "Panthers Interactive: isn't exactly a fair cross-section of panthers fans and it was made clear that the vote was only a guide and not the final decision maker.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The pink panther jersey is the wring pink especially if they wear it with pink socks and shorts.

I like the idea that someone came up with about the premiers having a gold logo for the year although I'd go for a gold star somewhere on the jersey.

beagle

Juniors
Parramatta's manufacturer I'm not sure but the distributor is "Burley Sekem".

Capital Corporation. Whoever they are.

EDIT: Capital Corporation seems to be just that, a corporation. So, I have no idea who are actually making the jerseys.

picture.php

Last edited:

MatthewA

Juniors
Did you make this ^^. I really like it man, I would love us to have jersey like this, it looks sharp.
Yep I made it, but it's just my opinion. I've sent many designs to the club over the years and never any real feedback, which is to be expected. I doubt we'll ever see a jersey like the classic square V as our main design.

Nuke

Staff member
The pink panther jersey is the wring pink especially if they wear it with pink socks and shorts.

I like the idea that someone came up with about the premiers having a gold logo for the year although I'd go for a gold star somewhere on the jersey.

The English SuperLeague reigning premiers have a design of a golden ribbon floating around the competition logo on their jerseys with the word 'CHAMPIONS' written in it.

71155_50130633795_755060_n.jpg

You can see the logo above, except they actually have it on the jerseys all season.
You can kinda see it on the sleeve in the photo below.
hall_1370501a.jpg

Rapture_Shark

Juniors
The English SuperLeague reigning premiers have a design of a golden ribbon floating around the competition logo on their jerseys with the word 'CHAMPIONS' written in it.

71155_50130633795_755060_n.jpg

You can see the logo above, except they actually have it on the jerseys all season.
hall_1370501a.jpg
yeah ive noticed that with wigan, it also shows on their facebook page

bondy064

Juniors

Yeah great idea. If my team ever won the comp i'd be buying a new jersey with it on it.

Goddo

Bench
It would be good if each team could colour code that emblem to their team colours, and the premiers have a gold one......
Agreed, something like this, but with the Telstra logo in an apropriate colour:

picture.php

Bulldogs "normal" NRL logo in club colour. Equivelant Dragons or Rabbitohs logo would be a pale red.

Premiers get gold logo with year of premiership - "Premiers 2011"
Star above for World Club Challenge champions.

Thoughts?

Alex28

Coach
The star idea is too try hard...it's a Champions League thing. We don't need to be copying stuff like that.

Alex28

Coach
Gold logo would be enough. Everyone else has a generic logo, the premiers have a gold logo. Easy.

Smiley

Bench
With the commission taking over in the near future is it likely that the logo might change before the start of next season? Heck even the name of the competition itself might?

Does anyone know if the reason why the football on the current logo is spilt half white and the other black has to do with the ownership of the game?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Charity reasons aside, the pink jersey is bloody heinous. The white one is pretty decent though, if thats the alternate jersey they end up choosing, then I doubt there would be many complaints.

Gus did make a comment on 'The Sunday Roast' that we'd be seeing more of the pink jersey next year. I didn't see it, but everyone I've spoken to who did see it said it was very tongue in cheek..

i thought gould was actually serious. he's mentioned it several times as well. I can understand it as a one off but wearing pick regularly is just f**king gay

With the commission taking over in the near future is it likely that the logo might change before the start of next season? Heck even the name of the competition itself might?

Does anyone know if the reason why the football on the current logo is spilt half white and the other black has to do with the ownership of the game?

If Telstra are still sponsors (which i think they might be) the name wont change. As for the ball i think thats some graphic designers idea rather than anything symbolic

Status
Not open for further replies.