What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panfas

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...202-1qvnf.html

PENRITH boss Phil Gould says the club's announcement of a new major sponsor serves as proof the direction the revamped club has chosen to take is the right one.
The Panthers have concentrated on reconnecting with the community since Gould took over as the general manager in May. Last night the club announced OAK flavoured milk would appear on its jumper as the new major corporate partner.
It is understood the deal is worth $2.7 million over three years, but the club hopes the association extends way beyond that period.
''We want Penrith to stand for a lot of things important to the community out here,'' Gould said last night. ''And one of those things is to provide young kids with every chance to be involved in rugby league in the area.
''We've got some pretty grand plans for the next few years.
''The Parmalat company that produces OAK makes a lot of dairy-based products, and it is obviously important for them to have a good association with families, and kids.
''We brought their people in to see our plans for the future, and they liked where we were going with that.
''I'm determined to make the Penrith Panthers a huge part of the community, and to use rugby league as a platform to help make people's lives better, and more fun. Our community program is getting the club involved with the people in a number of ways.''
Gould said Penrith's commercial manager, Phil Moss, had been heavily responsible for putting the OAK deal together.
''Phil worked on it for a month,'' Gould said. ''We'd been told OAK might be interested in doing something, and it went from there. Phil handled 90 per cent of it - I just came in at the death. OAK sees Penrith and rugby league as a great fit for their brand.
''We had a very long association with Sanyo as our major sponsor, and after that ended I was always very confident we would pick up another strong backer. That has now happened, and we can get on with the season which is not far off now.''
Gould said he couldn't be happier with the effect Ivan Cleary has had on the club since being appointed as Penrith coach. ''I wanted someone to come in and put the football staff together and go from there, without my having to be involved in that,'' Gould said. ''Ivan has done a fantastic job looking after the football program. My job is working on the other side of the business.''

So $900k per year. Where does that stack up compared to other clubs sponsors?

Tyler Durden

Juniors
If Phil Gould is so concerned about Penrith being important to the community, why have they sold their home ground naming rights to a gambling company ?

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I hope the panthers have to drink the flavour of milk that matches their jersey. Chocolate for home, full cream for away and strawberry for women in league round.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nope, they'll be too busy trying to help the Panthers milk penalties.

flippikat

Bench
Dragons NSW Cup feeder team jersey (and all Illawarra rep rugby league teams) now to be sponsored by Illawarra Coal

Akm35TTCQAACrBd.jpg:large

Is it just me, or do those jerseys have no club logo on them??

Wouldn't it be great if these lower grade teams revive the "Steelers" badge on the left hand side of the jersey! :)

Gibbo

Juniors
Anyone game to do a mock-up of the Oak logo on a Penrith Jersey? I would but I'm typing this on a typewriter plugged into an etch a sketch

murraymob

Coach
Anyone game to do a mock-up of the Oak logo on a Penrith Jersey? I would but I'm typing this on a typewriter plugged into an etch a sketch

go into the penrith forum look uner sponsorship one has been donne there pretty good one as well

Saint Doc

Coach
Is it just me, or do those jerseys have no club logo on them??

Wouldn't it be great if these lower grade teams revive the "Steelers" badge on the left hand side of the jersey! :)

The juniors in that picture have the "Illawarra Rugby League" flame tree logo on it. This is not the steelers, it is the Illawarra district rep team logo.

The NSW CUP team is a joint venture between the dragons, the steelers club and the Illawarra rugby league.

At the moment the don't even have a team name, let alone logo. The team nickname was originally going to be offered as part of the sponsorship deal. So "Illawarra Coal Miners" would be the most likely team name I guess!

flippikat

Bench
The juniors in that picture have the "Illawarra Rugby League" flame tree logo on it. This is not the steelers, it is the Illawarra district rep team logo.

The NSW CUP team is a joint venture between the dragons, the steelers club and the Illawarra rugby league.

At the moment the don't even have a team name, let alone logo. The team nickname was originally going to be offered as part of the sponsorship deal. So "Illawarra Coal Miners" would be the most likely team name I guess!

Actually, if the flame tree logo was to be used in the NSW cup, would the "Illawarra Flames" or "Illawarra Red Flames" (similar to the NHL Detroit Red Wings) be an suitable nickname to take?

Smiley

Bench
specialjersey.jpg

Special one off jersey for the Titans round 13 clash against the Cowboys.

Designed by Preston Campbell.

Status
Not open for further replies.