What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellteam

First Grade
What is this Sharks jersey?

275882-todd-carney.jpg

Stinkler

Juniors
Just a trial game strip I believe.
Not a bad look.

(It MIGHT get worn again the Titans, as apparently both Sharks jerseys clash with both Titans jerseys)

Stinkler

Juniors
Do the Sharks not have a sponsor yet?

Nothing signed yet, but there's apparently a few nibbles.

Some people are suggesting that the club is holding off for the development to go through, because it will increase exposure, and push the price of sponsorship up.

I think you'll find the Round 1 jerseys will have some form of sponsorship.

Yeah who knows. theyre in negotiations.
Or they're not.
All very under the radar.

Anyway... Our jerseys shouldn't clash with the titans. They didn't last year.

Trial shirt I guess.

For some reason manly wore white aswell I believe.

Stinkler

Juniors
Yeah who knows. theyre in negotiations.
Or they're not.
All very under the radar.

Anyway... Our jerseys shouldn't clash with the titans. They didn't last year.

Trial shirt I guess.

For some reason manly wore white aswell I believe.

I recall us wearing black at home against their white.
Then wearing our "home" strip up there, but with white shorts.
That's a bit of a clash isn't it?

Both teams in white was a bit strange. But it happened last week with the Bunnies V Warrington too.

some11

Referee
specialjersey.jpg

Special one off jersey for the Titans round 13 clash against the Cowboys.

Designed by Preston Campbell.

iSelect ought to be ashamed of themselves, they've beat out WoW for worst billboard sponsor.

Could've just been orange writing but they had to f**k it.

skeepe

Immortal
iSelect ought to be ashamed of themselves, they've beat out WoW for worst billboard sponsor.

Could've just been orange writing but they had to f**k it.

But the orange box IS their logo, whereas the white box was not part of the WOW logo. Two completely different situations.

beave

Coach
f**k the orange box off, and just leave the text in white and it's a winner. Who the f**k would buy that as it is?????

skeepe

Immortal
I know what you're saying, but it's their logo. They havent put a horrible orange box around their logo to make it stand out, the big orange box IS the logo.

It'd be like Souths asking The Star if they could remove the puckered arsehole from the front of their jersies and just put the words in - sure it'd look better from an aesthetic point of view, but it wouldn't do anything for brand recognition, which is why companies pay for sponsorships in the first place.

Patorick

Staff member
Catalans Jersey for the Challenge Cup (with a bit of tweaking, would not look too bad for the Aborigines team tonight, or PNG):

Maillot_cup.jpg

sheepbender

Juniors
Youd have to say thats the largest sponsor logo on a jersey we've ever seen.. I dont mind the Orange box, its the just the size of the logo thats the problem, it dominates the front and does take away from a nice Aboriginal design..

What is this Sharks jersey?

275882-todd-carney.jpg

To make it worse, Manly were also wearing their white jersey. The same thing happened last year with Souths and Warrington. I can understand it it was a day game and it was hot but seriously, how difficult is it not have the teams wearing the same colour

some11

Referee
I know what you're saying, but it's their logo. They havent put a horrible orange box around their logo to make it stand out, the big orange box IS the logo.

It'd be like Souths asking The Star if they could remove the puckered arsehole from the front of their jersies and just put the words in - sure it'd look better from an aesthetic point of view, but it wouldn't do anything for brand recognition, which is why companies pay for sponsorships in the first place.

http://mumbrella.com.au/iselect-rebrands-with-decide-right-positioning-63112

http://www.gcmag.com.au/article/iselect.html

Just did some research, the JetStar marketing boss joined iSelect last year and the logo changed after they became the Titans main sponsor.

iSelect.JPG

DB

First Grade
Can you get the NRL all stars jerseys with the club logo and stripe on it? I can only see the generic one in the shops and online.

Status
Not open for further replies.