What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

no name

Coach
Probably been asked and answered before but why not just call them the Steelers?
The Dragons pretty much kept the NRL team name.

Probably been asked and answered before but why not just call them the Steelers?
The Dragons pretty much kept the NRL team name.

Because it's a joint venture between the Dragons, Illawarra leagues club, Steelers club, and the Illawarra RL so not offend people it was decided not to go with the Steelers name.

Is the Cutters just the NSW Cup side or does that include the junior reps as well? They were known as the Steelers last year.

***MH***

Bench
Because it's a joint venture between the Dragons, Illawarra leagues club, Steelers club, and the Illawarra RL so not offend people it was decided not to go with the Steelers name.

Is the Cutters just the NSW Cup side or does that include the junior reps as well? They were known as the Steelers last year.

They should rename their merged first grade team then..... lord knows that's offensive as hell!

Saint Doc

Coach
Apparently the "Steelers" who were obviously a NSWRL team backed by Steelers leagues club, and the Illawarra Rugby League, who run district rep teams and Group 9(is that the group?) local comp, have always had an uneasy relationship. They have rival licenced clubs, separate boards, separate logos. it's a 3 way joint venture but I believe the IRL is tipping in the most, and would never have allowed the Steelers name

Patorick

Staff member
Apparently the "Steelers" who were obviously a NSWRL team backed by Steelers leagues club, and the Illawarra Rugby League, who run district rep teams and Group 9(is that the group?) local comp, have always had an uneasy relationship. They have rival licenced clubs, separate boards, separate logos. it's a 3 way joint venture but I believe the IRL is tipping in the most, and would never have allowed the Steelers name
Rugby League, everyone.

:crazy:

I would have liked it if they were just called "Illawarra RLFC" that would have kept most people happy???

I also doubt BHP would've supported a team called the Steelers. Doesn't make much sense for them since the BlueScope spin off.

The long and the short of it is that this team isn't the Steelers. It's more of an extension of Illawarra Rugby League (as in the regional competition and representative side) than anything else.

Saint Doc

Coach
If they weren't sponsored by a mining company, they wouldn't be called the "Cutters".
It's THAT simple.

And when they were admitted to the NSWRL, if they weren't sponsored by a Steel company, they wouldn't be called the "Steelers".
It's THAT simple.

grouch

First Grade
Hard to believe the name choice has generated so much discussion. Its NSW Cup - who cares? Just a place for players left out of first grade who are too old for Toyota Cup. Played in front of two men and a dog every week. There are more posters in here that fans in the crowd at those games.

I'm not sure about HM and SG Ball, but I would suspect they will remain the Steelers since they are backed by Steelers Leagues. All the Illawarra CRL rep teams will continue to use the Flame Tree as their logo and go by the name "Illawarra District Rugby League".

LESStar58

Referee
specialjersey.jpg

Special one off jersey for the Titans round 13 clash against the Cowboys.

Designed by Preston Campbell.

Nice. Sponsor ruins it by colour and design is nice!

Hard to believe the name choice has generated so much discussion. Its NSW Cup - who cares? Just a place for players left out of first grade who are too old for Toyota Cup. Played in front of two men and a dog every week. There are more posters in here that fans in the crowd at those games.

Door-Knob1.jpg

devoid

Juniors
Interesting to note that the Titans still had Jetstar as their main jersey sponsor over in NZ for the trial v Warriors last weekend.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They were wearing last year's strip. Commonplace for teams during trials in many cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.