What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Doc

Coach
How good would these be as Tigers designs?

adulthome.jpg

(maybe needs a liitle more black...black sleeves?)

adultaway.jpg

Modern, dynamic looking jerseys to compliment the heritage jerseys.

Tigers have arguably best colours in the league, but looks like other teams, like GWS and Brisbane Roar, know how to use them...

LineBall

Juniors
Needs to have a V or Chevron on the front methinks. In saying that, I would still class those Roar shirts better than the abomination the Tigers had as their jersey this year.

meltiger

First Grade

adulthome.jpg

adultaway.jpg

Tigers have arguably best colours in the league, but looks like other teams, like GWS and Brisbane Roar, know how to use them...

The GWS white jersey is terrible, the other is a Balmain jersey.

You are right on the topic of our colors though, the traditional clubs colors merge seamlessly together. The home jersey has grown on me somewhat though I'll admit. I'd live the white if they got the bloody Tiger print off it.

MatthewA

Juniors

adulthome.jpg

adultaway.jpg

FYI, this is what it would look like.

weststigers2012concepth.jpg

meltiger

First Grade
Needs to incorporate more of the other two colors. Club was quite clear on wanting to incorporate all three colors into the main strip than focussing on just one.

Our jersey isn't bad in itself, it's the way in which the white was added as side panels that makes it look bad. A better way of incorporating white would improve the jersey dramatically.

00digger00

Juniors
I like the idea (think there was a design done up a couple of pages ago) of a home jersey being orange in color with a black and white double V, then away could be white with a orange and black double V or black with a white and orange V. Best of both clubs with a little bit of old school!

meltiger

First Grade
3 variations of the 10 year jersey would make me happy.

The current jersey I'm sure has the same modernized v, the rest is where the clusterf**k happens.

We've got brilliant colors, it surely can't be hard to design an attractive jersey

Saint Doc

Coach
ATTENTION ALL YOU JERSEY FREAKS!! Our very own RL1908 is giving a talk on the history of jerseys.

From his twitter feed...

@RL1908 I'll be giving talk on History of #NRL/rep Jerseys Sun6thNov 3pm "League of Legends" at Hurstville Museum. Free entry. More info next week.

Saint Doc

Coach
Strangely enough, they look like soccer shirts

No thanks

Just saw the Newcastle Jets jersey...I'm spewing that all these A-League teams are getting better jerseys than NRL. How much better is this 1997 style knights jersey (now Jets) than what the Knights dish up?

home-main.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Copy of Barca more than Newcastle 97 tbh. But it is good to see uniformity across a town/region for colours etc.

For what it's worth, not all A-League jerseys have been that great. Brisbane, Newcastle and Sydney's shirts are probably the standouts, the other clubs have all dropped the ball big time.

Deacon

First Grade
Copy of Barca more than Newcastle 97 tbh. But it is good to see uniformity across a town/region for colours etc.

For what it's worth, not all A-League jerseys have been that great. Brisbane, Newcastle and Sydney's shirts are probably the standouts, the other clubs have all dropped the ball big time.

I hate Sydney's home one, looks cheap maybe that's only because of the lack of sponsor on the front, I don't mind the others and Melbourne's away too

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
People who think A-league jerseys are better then NRL jerseys either have bad taste or don't know what the jerseys look like.

Perth's crap, Victory alternative crap, Brisbane Roar's crap.

Interesting to see that the Newcastle Jets are playing in the old Knights jersey and their away jersey looks awfully like Newcastle FC's jersey.

dragons__

Juniors
People who think A-league jerseys are better then NRL jerseys either have bad taste or don't know what the jerseys look like.

Perth's crap, Victory alternative crap, Brisbane Roar's crap.

Interesting to see that the Newcastle Jets are playing in the old Knights jersey and their away jersey looks awfully like Newcastle FC's jersey.

based on what?

I think all the a league jerseys posted on this thread so far are pretty good tbh. simple and efficient use of the teams main colours, with sponsors incorporated well into the overall design.

Status
Not open for further replies.