What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigwaa

Bench
2010_Wsts_Secondary.jpg

2010_Wsts_Primary.jpg

I still reckon these are the best Tigers jersey's they could have

Saint Doc

Coach
Goddo, I like where you were heading with the knights design, but too much red.

How about swapping the red and blue for the trunk?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I wouldn't say Penrith have "parted company" with Sanyo so much as Sanyo cease to exist in April next year so they have to find someone else anyway.

Will be interesting to see how they go, apart from Sanyo and Tony Ferguson they seem to have struggled to attract financial interest.

PJRolls

Juniors
AM I the ONLY one who REALLY likes the Tigers alternate jersey. The White one with the light grey tiger markings.
I think it's the nicest in the NRL...

That's my Canadian perspective on it anyhow.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
AM I the ONLY one who REALLY likes the Tigers alternate jersey. The White one with the light grey tiger markings.

Yes, I think you are the only one.

Dragonwest

Juniors
I thought the tigers had it right in 2010. Simple, with great colours .... Don't know why they changed.

LESStar58

Referee
How good would these be as Tigers designs?

adulthome.jpg

(maybe needs a liitle more black...black sleeves?)

adultaway.jpg

Hmmmmm.... subtle similarities to the best looking shirts in Scottish Football...or at least to the away and third kit. The home jersey perhaps not so much.

thistle_shirt.jpg

kit_05.jpg

aw_top.jpg

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Dear a Tigers fan:

Not all Tigers fans hate the designs.

Regards,

Another Tigers fan.

Fair enough, but amongst the fans I know, not a single one likes the design.

Of course some would, but in my experience they are in a pretty small minority.

Most teams alter the jersey every 3 years or so for pure merchandising.

meltiger

First Grade

The problem with the white IS the Tiger skin print.

When they were first released someone quipped to me "it looks like Benji has fat rolls" lol

Take them off and it's fine.

"Balmainification" Ink? Yes, the white jersey is so Balmain lol

I still stand by 3 versions of the 10 year jersey, 8 games apiece is the best solution. The 10 year jersey looked fantastic. Have 1 in each of our 3 colors.

Last edited:

***MH***

Bench
I wouldn't say Penrith have "parted company" with Sanyo so much as Sanyo cease to exist in April next year so they have to find someone else anyway.

Will be interesting to see how they go, apart from Sanyo and Tony Ferguson they seem to have struggled to attract financial interest.
I give a big applause to Sanyo though for their continued and long serving support to our game. Their sponsorship of the Panthers has been outstanding, something that other clubs and companies should strive to achieve.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Absolutely.

The only clubs that have anything going in terms of long-term sponsorship are Vodafone (Warriors - 12 years), Coal and Allied (Knights - 6/7 years), Pirtek (Eels, 5/6 years), St George Bank (6/7 years).

Status
Not open for further replies.