What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
based on what?

I think all the a league jerseys posted on this thread so far are pretty good tbh. simple and efficient use of the teams main colours, with sponsors incorporated well into the overall design.

The following jersey are A-league Jerseys for the 2011/2012 season that are crap.

http://www.footballkitnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/New-Melbourne-Victory-Kit-Adidas-2011-121.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.goodscore.com.au/images/aleague/heart2011/7mh1hjs1a.jpg

Blades-Perth-Glory-Shirt-11-12.jpg

1.jpg

1538000200155000.jpg

CCM%20AFC%20w_Sponsor_350.gif

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
and even

A-League-Gold-Coast-United-Youth-Home-Jersey-10-11_hthfrt.jpg

The first one again,

New-Melbourne-Victory-Kit-Adidas-2011-121.jpg

Now taking in a few clash of opinions in what and what does not look good, most people should see that most of these are bad jerseys, some jerseys worse then others though.

innsaneink

Referee
I like Melbourne victorys blue & white V ....best soccer shirt ive seen, looks like a league jersey a bit

innsaneink

Referee
Looks a bit too OH&S for me

Maybe if they had the high vis fluoro yell as the V and the body navy blue it'd be better

Red Bear

Referee
A League jersey's are better this year that clubs are creating their own more than just having a template.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not about that at all, it's simply that Reebok had a 6 season contract with the FFA to be the jersey manufacturer for all clubs. That ended and the clubs sourced their own. Interesting spread:

adidas - Melbourne Victory, Sydney FC, Wellington Phoenix
ISC - Melbourne Heart, Newcastle Jets
hummel - Central Coast Mariners
xBlades - Perth Glory
Puma - Brisbane Roar
fi-ta - Gold Coast United
errea - Adelaide United

No surprise to see adidas to pick up a few teams.

Saint Doc

Coach
Not about that at all, it's simply that Reebok had a 6 season contract with the FFA to be the jersey manufacturer for all clubs. That ended and the clubs sourced their own. Interesting spread:

xBlades - Perth Glory
Puma - Brisbane Roar
errea - Adelaide United

Reebok - noone!

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

xBlades - Perth Glory
Puma - Brisbane Roar
errea - Adelaide United

Why does adidas have three soccer teams but will only equip one NRL team at a time?

Goddo

Bench
Continuing with the discussion about Wests, I did a quick knock up of where I recon they should be heading
picture.php
picture.php

Edit:

and a variation on the Knights 1997 Jersey:
picture.php

Last edited:

Goddo

Bench
Yeah, I was just toying with the idea of faded stripes for the knights.

Their two most iconic designs are the sleave/shoulder blue with a few horizontal lines into red torso, and 97 vertical stripes.

I was wondering if something halfway between the two was possible - sleves/top of jersey in blue, with chest and sponsor area in red with fading vertical stripes below..

I think there is something in it, just can't quite nail it.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Continuing with the discussion about Wests, I did a quick knock up of where I recon they should be heading
picture.php
picture.php

Nice work there Godo - but the white and orange contrast is a bit hard - perhaps the orange strip would have the space around the neck (after the black and then white v) in black, ditching the stripes on both strips and ,
the mainly black one as is, replacing the larger orange v with white, the smaller white v with black and the space around the neck could be orange?

Status
Not open for further replies.