What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
broncos jersey looks fine, its the shorts which are the problem. i don't know why so many clubs think the shorts have to be the same colour as the jersey

Frailty

First Grade
Obviously the sponsoring on the Sharks jerseys are only temporary (with X Blades being in the main sponsor position), but I liked the plain black text with not white boxes or anything, etc.

Dread

Juniors
Obviously the sponsoring on the Sharks jerseys are only temporary (with X Blades being in the main sponsor position), but I liked the plain black text with not white boxes or anything, etc.

Worth noting that X Blades paid market value for the spot on the jersey though - it wasn't just given to them to fill a space.

Agreed that the black on blue looked great though.

Frailty

First Grade
yeah. luxbet, hisense looked good.

should have a legit sponsor by the week.

apparently

I doubt it...

I don't trust Irvine's statements on these matters... When he appeared on the Grill Team he said there was one lined up and should be announced the following week... But that didn't happen.

I'm very pessimistic - I'll believe it when I see it.

zombie jesus

Staff member
I was skeptical about the Manly and Canberra designs but I think they both looked good out on the field.

Liked the Cronulla sponsor too, nice and simple.

Also Wests don't have a back bottom of jersey sponsor at the mo.

ind-AAA-LEAGUE--400x267.jpg

Kazai Princess

Juniors
The Tigers should put the player names at the bottom back of their jerseys seeing as we have no sponsor for that area, would look great.

I love having the player names on there, looks much more professional

flippikat

Bench

Agreed - and there was another change that hasn't been mentioned here.

The numbers on the back of the Sharks jerseys are black this year - good to see, because white numbers on pale blue just didn't stand out enough!

Spitty

Juniors
For mine I was expecting the all yellow broncos kit to be an eye saw, but found on the field it looked much better than I was expecting. I didn't find it too bright at all, I'm not convinced it'd look better with maroon shorts.

I think the biggest issue with the knights heritage is that collar. It's a vain attempt at a throwback, but on a round neck it just doesn't look right. I think take the collar away and the jersey still looks heritage, but not as ridiculous.

I doubt that Cronulla's next sponsor will have the black writing like Blades did. When I saw the Sharks had writing on the front of the jersey I thought they'd signed a new sponsor and I'd missed it. So I trudged through photo's on line looking for who the sponsor was (I didn't watch the game live) and despite seeing many front on shots it took me a while to find a photo which clearly showed that the sponsor was Blades. I think any potential sponsor will want there brand much more identifiable than that. I agree it looked good, but in this day and age I can't see a sponsor allowing that kind of exposure.

K Mull

Juniors
Agree 100% the jersey looks good but the yellow shorts and socks is overkill.

100% with both of you, but maybe that much maroon with that much yellow might be a bit much. I think it looks like there is a million of them on the field when there is that much yellow flying around!

sheepbender

Juniors
Ive got to say that Souths front sponsor has got to be the best in the League.. its so uninstrusive... Its pretty much impossible to see.. Doesnt affect the jersey at all..

Lambretta

First Grade
Did I hear Locky bag the Broncos away jersey?
Does he prefer Bulldogs colours?

Maybe he's got something against flourescent bags of vomit

Personally I dont know how anyone could have such prejudices. Maybe his eyes work or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts