What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkler

Juniors
Knights jersey last night.... I felt like I should have liked it because I was a fan of the 97 jersey, but something just didn't look right about it.

I agree. It looked strange.

It's the same basic template as the Jets A-League team, but looked nowhere near as good.

Maybe because of the collar and the way the stripes are worked into the sleeves?

user_nat

Coach
Agree with the lack of over the top sponsorship. Certainly the highlight of the jersey for me.

Otherwise it's.. Not bad.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I wish they would move away from the pink shirts and onto something more professional. I understand the reasons behind the pink shirts, but just feel that it really looks kind of dated now.

On the contrary, it provides a clear an obvious point of difference. Only 3-4 games a year require a different jersey, instead of ref jersey colours changing every week. I like it.

Nuke

Staff member
It's been said here before, and I'm sure plenty more will be thinking it after tonight's game, but Brisbane need maroon shorts with that kit, and the canary yellow should be replaced with gold. Then they're on a winner. Right now, it's better than what they've had in recent years, but it could be better.

bobmar28

Bench
It's been said here before, and I'm sure plenty more will be thinking it after tonight's game, but Brisbane need maroon shorts with that kit, and the canary yellow should be replaced with gold. Then they're on a winner. Right now, it's better than what they've had in recent years, but it could be better.

Why yellow? And for that matter why any colour other than the teams own colours? Maroon doesn't clash with blue and gold.

Great Eels jersey by the way, looks the same as when Sterlo pulled on the blue and gold. Now that's tradition.

Stinkler

Juniors
Why yellow? And for that matter why any colour other than the teams own colours? Maroon doesn't clash with blue and gold.

Great Eels jersey by the way, looks the same as when Sterlo pulled on the blue and gold. Now that's tradition.

The yellow "hem" on the bottom of the Eels jerseys looks a bit strange (unless the players tuck the jersey in to their shorts).

Aside from that, a big tick to the Eels!

dogslife

Coach
Parra's jerseys were pretty good last night, Broncs as expected looked like they were giving a sneak peak for mardi gras

Danish

Referee
I wish they would move away from the pink shirts and onto something more professional. I understand the reasons behind the pink shirts, but just feel that it really looks kind of dated now.

I don't think they need to swap the colours, but the definitely need to have the cut updated.

They should be more form fitting, like the EPL refs' kit. Right now our refs all look like they are running around in gear 2 sizes to big for them

Nuke

Staff member
The arms and the sides were different.

That, and the fact that in 2012, jerseys are skin tight polyester things. Back in 1997, jerseys were loose, heavy cotton, and got dirtier and water soaked as games went on. I -for some reason- love the look of the jerseys that moved with the wind and weren't removable body paint.

I don't dislike today's jerseys, I have to say, but there's just that something missing compared to 15yrs ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.