What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheepbender

Juniors
00017008-image.jpg

http://www.broncos.com.au/news-display/Firstmac-Join-Broncos-As-Sleeve-Sponsor/48349

Brisbane-based home loan company Firstmac will use the Brisbane Broncos’ jersey to launch a bold foray into the Australian retail financial services market .
The Broncos have taken just nine days to replace one of their most prominent sponsorship properties after WOW Sight and Sound were placed into receivership last Monday.
Firstmac, who have predominantly been engaged in wholesale home loan lending, have taken up the prominent sleeve sponsorship property on the Broncos’ playing jersey to give them greater visibility within the retail market.
The Firstmac logo will appear for the first time on the sleeves of the team jersey this Friday night when the Broncos play the Cowboys at a packed Suncorp Stadium in front of a huge television audience.
Firstmac and the Broncos this morning signed the three-year deal that will include branding on the jersey until the end of the 2014 season.
Firstmac managing director Kim Cannon said the company was excited about the impact the partnership would have.
“As the new force in financial services we wanted to partner with a team that will help us get cut-through in a very crowded market dominated by the banks,” said Mr Cannon.
Broncos’ chief executive Paul White praised Firstmac for the swiftness in which the agreement was struck.
“It is obviously a challenge to lose a significant sponsor on the eve of the season,” said White.
“So for Firstmac to join the Broncos’ sponsorship family so quickly is a wonderful endorsement for not only our brand but for this company’s willingness to launch their retail business into the wider community.
“We are certain this new partnership will be mutually beneficial and look forward to this being the start of a long association with Firstmac.”
While the deal between the two parties was concluding swiftly, it was Firstmac management who came up with the idea to present WOW staff a parting gift.
Firstmac have paid for 250 game tickets to the Broncos-Raiders NRL clash on the weekend of April 13-15, to be distributed among WOW staff members.
“This is obviously an exciting time for Firstmac as they delve into their first major sponsorship, so for them to stipulate a clause like this in the contract is admirable,” said Broncos’ chief executive Paul White.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nowhere near a step backwards. The white block is ugly (they probably needed it to cover up the WoW box) but the logo is at least a professional one.

hellteam

First Grade
Well our colours are supposed to be Maroon, Gold and WHITE, so I'm happy to see a bit of white in the jersey.... without the shit cartoon like Wow logo

00digger00

Juniors
Well our colours are supposed to be Maroon, Gold and WHITE, so I'm happy to see a bit of white in the jersey.... without the shit cartoon like Wow logo

We sort of got the white strips of old with the NRMA logo. Not keen on just having a big white patch on the shoulder. It doesn't matter if its WOW or this mob. WOW was probably better because it wasn't as big.

sheepbender

Juniors
Looks like it, hopefully it gets amended to this logo:

wwc4yv.png

I went on the website to see what their logo was, I didnt see this one...

A minute later: Righto, so just had a look, and the website has had a re-design since the other day... Logo was different to this coloured wavy version..

some11

Referee
Same logo on their media release too.

https://www.firstmac.com.au/Documents/Firstmac%20Broncos%20announcement.pdf

This was nice of them.

While the deal between the two parties was concluding swiftly, it was Firstmac management who came up with the idea to present WOW staff a parting gift.

Firstmac have paid for 250 game tickets to the Broncos-Raiders NRL clash on the weekend of April 13-15, to be distributed among WOW staff members.

“This is obviously an exciting time for Firstmac as they delve into their first major sponsorship, so for them to stipulate a clause like this in the contract is admirable,” said Broncos’ chief executive Paul White.

Trentosaurus

Juniors
I haven't had the chance to take any photos but every Rebel Sport I've walked past in Queensland lately has had mannequins wearing the new yellow Broncos away jersey and the old maroon shorts. It looks awesome. Brisbane really missed the boat here.

hellteam

First Grade
Wouldn't surprise me if the NRL told the Broncos that maroon shorts would clash with other teams home jersey...

beave

Coach
I thought our new away jerseys looked shit hot last night, nice and simple............. Just like us NQers!!!!

850488b0.jpg

Last edited:
The Nth QLD away jersey looked really good, about time they got it right.

Shame half of the numbers on the back were falling off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts