What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i thought the cows jersey colours were very reminiscent of the titans. they could have been wearing a titans away strip.

maybe thats why the numbers kept peeling off

hellteam

First Grade
The numbers thing happens all the time when teams have new jerseys. Happened a few times in Week 1 too.

Panfas

Juniors
Sick of the pink jersey, sure its good for the charity rounds but its getting a bit much...
The pink was used as ISC have not made the white jerseys as yet as indicated on the panthers website

www.penrithpanthers.com.au/default.aspx?...panthers-v-rabbitohs

Game day details - Panthers v Rabbitohs
16/03/2012 4:38:48 PM
Sunday's game is proudly bought to you by Coca Cola.

Family Fun Day is back and there will be plenty for the kids to do including Jumping Castles, Petting Zoo and much more! You can get the whole family in for $40 (general admission tickets).

We would like as many of you to get in early on Sunday, to take part in a very special photo opportunity. Brad Fittler, Member number 119, will be flown in to take some aerial shots of Centrebet Stadium. He will also be delivering the match ball to our newest mascot who will join Claws on the sideline! To be a part of this event, please arrive before 2pm.

Due to unforseen circumstances, our white alternate jersey will not be ready for Sundays game. In anticipation of high temperatures on Sunday, the Pink Panthers will return! After last Sunday's stellar performance against the Roosters, the Pink Panthers will be aiming for 4 straight wins!

Ensure you're at the game to support the Pink Panthers! Are you ready, ready?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yep, Gus referred to that last week - wonder if they'll be ready for Friday v Parra?

BDR

First Grade
Surely the Panthers will just play in black if they don't have their away jerseys ready

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yellow vs Pink will be a bit hurty on the eyes. If that is the case, what will colour will the refs choose? Fluro green? :eek:

Surely the Panthers will just play in black if they don't have their away jerseys ready
Eels main jersey is blue now. White would be the best option for Penrith if available, if not, back to pink with yellow refs again

Frailty

First Grade
Penrith should have been forced to wear their home jerseys...

The NRL stops the Sharks from having Blades on their jersey for round 2, yet Panthers can wear a bright pink jersey for the second week in a row.

Zigwaa

Bench
On numbers - is there any reason that they can't be directly printed onto the jersey rather than 'stuck' on?

I think it's because clubs buy jumpers in bulk in a variety of sizes and then put the numbers on themselves. Gives them flexibility with different player sizes and line-up changes

Spitty

Juniors
pink jerseys look like a strawberry carton of oak

The pessimist in me say's, thats the point. I find it astonishing that ISC haven't got the white jerseys ready for the players, but have got them ready for the punters. Whilst the pink jersey's ready for the players but not for the punters. I know the players play in a vastly different jersey to what's sold on stands, but I'd think getting 20 or 30 NRL jerseys ready would take precedents over getting a couple of 1000 fans jerseys ready.

Frailty said:
Penrith should have been forced to wear their home jerseys...

The NRL stops the Sharks from having Blades on their jersey for round 2, yet Panthers can wear a bright pink jersey for the second week in a row.

My understanding is that the issue with Cronulla was more to do with the sponsor on the front as opposed to the jersey design. Now I think it's poop what the NRL did to Cronulla, but if your gonna make Penrith wear their home jersey, you also have to make Newcastle and Roosters wear there home jerseys instead of the heritage jerseys they've been wearing.

By introducing all these extra 'special event' jerseys (pink, heritage, indigenous etc), allowing them to be changed yearly and not limiting the amount of times they can be worn the NRL have effectively thrown the jersey rules out the window. A home team can choose to wear any of there 4 or 5 jerseys any week and an away team can do the same as long as it doesn't clash with the home team. So clubs are affectively phasing out jerseys they don't like after a season and replacing them with 'special event' jerseys. We did it with the Teal, we may now be doing it with the White, Roosters have done it to there "French flag" away jersey which they wore for 2 or 3 games last year, Newcastle appear to be doing it to their home jersey.

I expect Eels will play in blue on Friday (They did so in R2 last year during a night game) so if our White jersey still "Isn't ready" I expect we'll be in pink again. Oak must be loving this delay.....

Patorick

Staff member
Anyone know whether Manly will wear a heritage jersey this year?

Or just the normal away jersey like last year?

Frailty

First Grade
The pessimist in me say's, thats the point. I find it astonishing that ISC haven't got the white jerseys ready for the players, but have got them ready for the punters. Whilst the pink jersey's ready for the players but not for the punters. I know the players play in a vastly different jersey to what's sold on stands, but I'd think getting 20 or 30 NRL jerseys ready would take precedents over getting a couple of 1000 fans jerseys ready.

My understanding is that the issue with Cronulla was more to do with the sponsor on the front as opposed to the jersey design. Now I think it's poop what the NRL did to Cronulla, but if your gonna make Penrith wear their home jersey, you also have to make Newcastle and Roosters wear there home jerseys instead of the heritage jerseys they've been wearing.

By introducing all these extra 'special event' jerseys (pink, heritage, indigenous etc), allowing them to be changed yearly and not limiting the amount of times they can be worn the NRL have effectively thrown the jersey rules out the window. A home team can choose to wear any of there 4 or 5 jerseys any week and an away team can do the same as long as it doesn't clash with the home team. So clubs are affectively phasing out jerseys they don't like after a season and replacing them with 'special event' jerseys. We did it with the Teal, we may now be doing it with the White, Roosters have done it to there "French flag" away jersey which they wore for 2 or 3 games last year, Newcastle appear to be doing it to their home jersey.

I expect Eels will play in blue on Friday (They did so in R2 last year during a night game) so if our White jersey still "Isn't ready" I expect we'll be in pink again. Oak must be loving this delay.....

My point is exactly the issue with Cronulla's was not even the jersey they wore - it was the fact they had a sponsor which is absurd when a larger issue of what jersey teams are wearing is in clear breach of the rules they set up.

I believe Newcastle, Roosters, etc. should be forced to wear their home or away jerseys every week with the heritage jerseys being allowed to be worn on one other occasion other than heritage round. Charity and indigenous jerseys should be worn in those rounds only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts