What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigwaa

Bench
I'd say so, email matches the name. I'll look into doing a recolour Cowboys jersey after I finish my NRL set. Will see about the logo, takes up a lot of my time as it is.

Hey Gaz. Love the work you do for your website. Do you take requests from amateur clubs for jersey designs and logo designs?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Is this form of advertising accounted for in sponsorship deals though (I have no idea)? My argument was that the Best & Less option isn't necessarily appealing since they come across as knock-offs. Its a compromise that allows the level of sponsorship on playing gear and more appealing merchandise to fans. Just throwing it out there anyway.

Completely agree mate but I just can't see any club going for it.

Most jersey sponsors would be signing on with the understanding their brand will appear on any version of the jersey sold.

mr wiggles

Juniors
What is the purpose of the 3 year jersey deal?

Every year I purchase the home and away jersey of the melbourne storm, one i wear around and the other I get signed by the team and put it on the wall. If the heritage or alternate look good I will buy that to.

Since the storm have made no changes to the jerseys at all in 2012 they will be missing out on $340 off me. Overall, how much money will the club miss out on because of this rule?

King Tigerman

Juniors
stops teams from changing their strip every year which i think some teams would if they could , myself id prefer it if a side couldnt change their strip for 5 years

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Would've thought they'd have done that Monday with the launch of the clash. They just wore their away strip for the photo op.

Zigwaa

Bench
Rabbitohs will be releasing their heritage strip for round 5 soon.

Where'd you hear that?

Not sure what other varations they could use for their heartaige strip as they've done most of them recently.

Only one I can think of is the 1989 Smith's Crisps sponsored jersey.

Maybe make their home jersey more heritage like, with thinner stripes and without the side panels, aka the 2008 design. It would make more relevance against the Tigers who would be certain again to wear their Balmain stripes jersey.

GAZF

First Grade
Where'd you hear that?

Not sure what other varations they could use for their heartaige strip as they've done most of them recently.

Only one I can think of is the 1989 Smith's Crisps sponsored jersey.

Green jersey with red V?

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
Maybe make their home jersey more heritage like, with thinner stripes and without the side panels, aka the 2008 design. It would make more relevance against the Tigers who would be certain again to wear their Balmain stripes jersey.

Tigers will be wearing their Magpie heritage jumper, to commemorate 60 years since the Magpies last premiership (1952 GF v Souths). I'd suggest Souths will wear the plain red and green stripes, without the white/black side panels.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1952_NSWRFL_season

beagle

Juniors
Eels heritage jersey released

picture.php

shinobi

Juniors
Don't call it a heritage jersey then, theres no reason as to why they couldn't use a traditional Auckland jersey for a heritage and use the current heritage as a jersey representing an appropriate charity, its clubs essentially bending flexible rules.

The Warriors represent New Zealand (Hence the name) and the heritage jersey in turn reflects the heritage of NZ.

GAZF

First Grade
The Warriors represent New Zealand (Hence the name) and the heritage jersey in turn reflects the heritage of NZ.

By using that logic, all indigenous jerseys are in fact heritage jerseys. Use it as an indigenous jersey and link it with a charity for disadvantaged maori.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts