What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

flippikat

Bench
Eels heritage jersey released

picture.php

Ahh, that's a classic.. love the "blending bars" design.

I was expecting the 2001 'cigarette packet' design because it hasn't been used as heritage yet, but this is a good one.

If the strip worn for their last Grand Final win can't inspire the current squad, nothing will... right??

Wonder if this design was an influence on Newcastle's original 1988 design - it used a similar idea, just with bars of different width blending the red top & blue bottom ends.

GAZF

First Grade
Ahh, that's a classic.. love the "blending bars" design.

I was expecting the 2001 'cigarette packet' design because it hasn't been used as heritage yet, but this is a good one.

If the strip worn for their last Grand Final win can't inspire the current squad, nothing will... right??

Wonder if this design was an influence on Newcastle's original 1988 design - it used a similar idea, just with bars of different width blending the red top & blue bottom ends.

Is it me or was the blue on the original jersey darker than that? Either way its a great jersey that works perfectly with their current home/away uniforms.

Never thought of it influencing the Newcastle jersey, the timeframe matches up.

flippikat

Bench
Is it me or was the blue on the original jersey darker than that? Either way its a great jersey that works perfectly with their current home/away uniforms.

Never thought of it influencing the Newcastle jersey, the timeframe matches up.

Yeah, I'm sure the late-80s design had a darker blue, but the photo of the heritage jersey might just look lighter in that photo.

As for the influence on the Newcastle design, it's something that intrigues me how teams jerseys change in similar ways around the same time - like how some of NSWRL clubs (Wests, Easts, St George, Canterbury) changed from stripes to a V-design in the 1940s.

Another good one is the change in Penrith (the Dahdah 'allsorts' jersey), then Manly & Norths ('Pepsi' & 'Citibank' jerseys) soon after - concidence or imitation? :)

betcats

Referee
how much is the star paying for that cats asshole? its not the bunnies fault but u can barely see it on tv.

macavity

Referee
Yeah, I'm sure the late-80s design had a darker blue, but the photo of the heritage jersey might just look lighter in that photo.

As for the influence on the Newcastle design, it's something that intrigues me how teams jerseys change in similar ways around the same time - like how some of NSWRL clubs (Wests, Easts, St George, Canterbury) changed from stripes to a V-design in the 1940s.

Another good one is the change in Penrith (the Dahdah 'allsorts' jersey), then Manly & Norths ('Pepsi' & 'Citibank' jerseys) soon after - concidence or imitation? :)

Didn't the v s have something to do with fabric shortages during / after ww2?

beave

Coach
Ah so that's why the yanks have the Lingerie Football League............ Because of the war in Afghanistan.

Smart bastards those yanks.

hellteam

First Grade
What are those things up the top of the players backs that seem to be built into the jersey ? It looks like a little box, you can see the outline of it . Are they GPS trackers or something?

GAZF

First Grade
What are those things up the top of the players backs that seem to be built into the jersey ? It looks like a little box, you can see the outline of it . Are they GPS trackers or something?

I'd say so, the Tigers were using them in preseason training. Might have something to do with the player tracker on the Fox Sports website.

LESStar58

Referee

LESStar58

Referee
Yes please. And the one we wore in trials as the away jersey.

I'm wondering if they will come up with a 15 year strip...maybe wear it against the Broncos?

I'd like to see a gold jersey with purple bolts on the current template with purple trim. Apparently they are looking at doing an Indigenous Round jersey...still need that white jersey as I think its pretty sharp!

Status
Not open for further replies.