What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
As far as I know we have five jerseys:

- Home
- Away
- Indigenous
- Women in League
- Heritage

The indigenous is the same as our away but with some Aboriginal style artwork over it, we wear that for Closing the Gap round. The Women in League is the same as the away too but with pink instead of white. I don't think that's an unreasonable number of jerseys, considering two are one offs and the heritage will be worn twice maximum. All the designs except the heritage are based off the same overall style.

I honestly think though mate, as much as I actually like the 'away' jersey, they could have just dropped that one and worn the indigenous jersey when away AND if the primary jersey clashes with the home teams. It is predominately white like the away jersey so it's kinda a double up IMO colour wise.

626886-cowboys.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
I honestly think though mate, as much as I actually like the 'away' jersey, they could have just dropped that one and worn the indigenous jersey when away AND if the primary jersey clashes with the home teams. It is predominately white like the away jersey so it's kinda a double up IMO colour wise.

626886-cowboys.jpg

Going by my post above, they would have the first three jerseys and one of the last two in a year (I'd go the indigenous by the way).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
In the armed services or police u have ONE uniform that everyone wears with pride.

In the NRL you have multiple uniforms which change monthly and yearly covered in horrific multi-colored ad patches. And teams which wear weird socks occasionally for a myriad of causes (witness the Titans brown 'Men of League' socks from last week).

I mean....WHAT THE f**k....there is no pride nor tradition in the NRL. Everything they wear is shtt and I wouldnt be caught dead wearing any of it. Huge pink Penrith jersey with OAK on the front - LAMEO!!!
We get it, you're an AFL troll.

BDR

First Grade

Yeah I see your point but I don't know why we'd wear indigenous colours as our away strip when half of our team is non-indigenous. At the same time though the club would want an indigenous jersey because they're always big sellers up this way. I'd lose the pink one to be honest, if they were extremely keen for Women in League round they could wear pink socks or have pink headgear or something like that.

beave

Coach
If they were extremely keen on women in league round they wouldn't have signed Robert Lui......

Saint Doc

Coach
the Brumbies copied us, we had that design a year before they came into the comp IIRC......

So the correct statement would be mate 'Geez the Brumbies look like the cowboys'....... :p:p

Problem is the brumbies kept their design whilst the cowboys were flirting with bulls horns and super league vomit jerseys!

Spitty

Juniors
Unless if they are the Sharks, then they are told they can't have any sponsors on the front of their jersey (including Charities) until they get a major sponsor signed.

Depends on the club, and there will be a different set of rules - i.e. Souths being the only club whose home and away is virtually identical.

Mate I honestly can't believe what the NRL are putting Cronulla through. Denying them the opportunity to put a charity on the front of there jersey, when Canberra are doing the exact same thing is double standards in the extreme.

Are they determined to kill Cronulla?

I suppose we all know the answer to that. But honestly Cronulla already run on the smell of an oily rag, the lack of major and sleeve sponsor must be having a big effect on the clubs bottom line. Irvine wanting to put a charity on there indicates that there may not even be a sponsor on the horizon. I know Irvine had one lined up, did that company drop off?

Fingers crossed something comes soon. How much more can they tighten the purse strings while waiting for the development application to be approved?

It called a home and away jersey to differentiate bewtween our 2 sponsors as we have a home sponsor and an away sponsor.

The only perceived clash of colours we have is with Canberra and we wear the clash jersey then.

All up only 4 jerseys to be worn by Souths this year and I'm not even sure if we'll wear the clash jersey as I don't think play we the Raiders in Canberra this year.

You could still have a home and away sponsor on the same jersey, so no need for an "alternate" style jersey. But it's a farce that the NRL have allowed Souths to have pretty much identical jerseys in the first place.

Can you imagine if the Roosters had two jerseys, the same but with the white and the red swapped over?? It would be completely pointless.

Can't really blame Souths, but whoever within the NRL approved it needs to have their heads read.

GAZF

First Grade
We get it, you're an AFL troll.

Still, a valid point.

Mate I honestly can't believe what the NRL are putting Cronulla through. Denying them the opportunity to put a charity on the front of there jersey, when Canberra are doing the exact same thing is double standards in the extreme.

Are they determined to kill Cronulla?

I suppose we all know the answer to that. But honestly Cronulla already run on the smell of an oily rag, the lack of major and sleeve sponsor must be having a big effect on the clubs bottom line. Irvine wanting to put a charity on there indicates that there may not even be a sponsor on the horizon. I know Irvine had one lined up, did that company drop off?

Fingers crossed something comes soon. How much more can they tighten the purse strings while waiting for the development application to be approved?

It is a double standard and Cronulla need the money more than others.

Zigwaa

Bench
I can't understand people's issue with Souths home and away jersey. The club have done a good job of selling 2 major sponsorships and have made a slightly different jersey for each sponsor. This makes people choose which one they want and gives people a reason to buy either of the major sponsor jerseys.

GAZF - i reckon a white minties jersey would look awesome, any chance of seeing one by you in the future?

GAZF

First Grade
I can't understand people's issue with Souths home and away jersey. The club have done a good job of selling 2 major sponsorships and have made a slightly different jersey for each sponsor. This makes people choose which one they want and gives people a reason to buy either of the major sponsor jerseys.

It sets a precedent for other clubs and the rules will be bent a little further with each iteration. Thats how we got into this mess of too many jerseys in the first place. Souths are not the biggest offender to bending the rules but are a unique case. That and I just don't like the black version, it makes the red and green murky.

GAZF - i reckon a white minties jersey would look awesome, any chance of seeing one by you in the future?

I had it in mind for a secondary, I have two teams to finish and post and then it will be the Souths, probably be in a week or two.

because f**k the sharks thats why.

the league..theyre not helping. they cant be seen to be booting us out but im sure any help we ask for will not be given.
ive heard that frank grimes dosnt like the fuhrer. or so to speak
irvine reckons its not effecting the bottom line..so. i dunno. spinville there i reckon.

it has to effect it. unless were getting cash from somewhere else that no one knows about.
id like a major sponsor on the front. just so it looks legit. sleeves...whatever.

but the fact that they just say we cant do things..when other clubs do em..
its weird isnt it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I love that the Sharks still play the victim over basically everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts