What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That jersey is terrible. Are you sure it isn't a West Tigers creation?

Seriously, if the clubs are going to do a cammo jersey for ANZAC day, they should be negotiating with their main sponsor to ditch their naming rights for the week in place of Legacy or some of worthy ANZAC related charity. The media hoopla that would be given to such a "goodwill" gesture would far outweigh the missing front of jersey signage for a week.

Zigwaa

Bench
All those cammo jersey's are an abomination. I'm all about paying respect to our fallen soldiers, returned servicemen and those currently in the armed services but why can't they do it with a ANZAC logo on the jersey or minute silence?

Patorick

Staff member
Not the best Manly jersey I've seen.

Certainly nowhere near as good as the Indigenous and Women in League versions.

Patorick

Staff member
All those cammo jersey's are an abomination. I'm all about paying respect to our fallen soldiers, returned servicemen and those currently in the armed services but why can't they do it with a ANZAC logo on the jersey or minute silence?
Fully agree with this.

Well said.

Zigwaa

Bench
That Manly jersey has different major sponsor on it too, usually Kaspersky. Flame away Sharks supporters

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
f**k this special Anzac jersey shit right off and while you're there jam all these other special jerseys up the yingyang. You're wearing a uniform to represent your club FFS. If you want to honour Anzac day have a one minutes silence or a ceromony per game. If you want to honour women in league, do just that and show them respect at all times. You want to celebrate Aboriginal contributions to our great game? Show a highlights package pre game. I don't give a toss about the 'raising money for charity' line either.

Clubs should choose one special jersey and the one occasion they are going to wear it and that's it. Here is the alwaysgreen way:
Main Jersey: must be worn a minimum of 12 games a year and can only be changed every 3 years.
Alternate/Away jersey: can only be worn a maximum of 12 games a year and can be changed every 2 years.
Special jersey: worn once at one special occasion eg heritage, women's round or indigenous round. No Anzac jersey. Can change this every year but cannot wear it again in that year.

Every week clubs are running out onto the field in a different ugly jersey.

DeeJ

Bench
surprised Channel 9 isn't on the Broncos jersey due to the favours they give the broncos

They made it onto the training jersey:

Petro.JPG

Frailty

First Grade
That Manly jersey has different major sponsor on it too, usually Kaspersky. Flame away Sharks supporters

Not surprised in the slightest...

This rule only exists for the Sharks. It must pain the NRL to see that the Titans are worse off than we are. It's obvious they hope we fall so they can bring the Central Coast in.

manly, the other clubs...whatever they can do what they like.

which i have no issue with. this league is one where the the clubs..the KEY componant that people love and support lose money.

anything that the clubs themselves do to make more money is fine by me.

that manly jersey is a bit dud though. just the look of it.

BDR

First Grade
Could be worse, it stands out on the white strip. Who are the sleeve sponsors?

innsaneink

Referee
Do you reckon we'll ever see the Magpies or Steelers logos on first grade jerseys for the Tigers and Dragons in future heritage rounds? I reckon this is a great jersey but it'd be even better with a traditional Magpies logo on it instead. Or are there NRL rules around that sort of thing?

It had the Magpies logo of the day above the current WTs logo

Theres always a Magpie on the sleeve of WTs jerseys (bar the Balmian heritege one)

Joel+Reddy+NRL+Rd+5+Tigers+v+Rabbitohs+E6SJO-EE1Ull.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.