What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

roofromoz

First Grade
Penrith should use the White with Brown stripes up top as per '88-'90...

I would love for that to be our next heritage jersey. It was the jersey in which Penrith finally came of age, including our first grand final appearance in 1990.

However, I'm guessing that next year the heritage round may be v Roosters to mark 10 years since the 2003 grand final, with the black jersey and the teal green, rust red and white hoops around the stomach.

LeagueNut

First Grade
00001359-image.jpg
Do you reckon we'll ever see the Magpies or Steelers logos on first grade jerseys for the Tigers and Dragons in future heritage rounds? I reckon this is a great jersey but it'd be even better with a traditional Magpies logo on it instead. Or are there NRL rules around that sort of thing?

Dogs Of War

Coach
Just been looking at eBay and saw these Kangroos jerseys with the "Sponsor TBA" on the front, does that mean VB is going? Can only hope so and we're left no sponsor on the front of the best looking RL in the world.

Do you know how many shops I had to look around to get a Kangaroos jersey without a sponsor on it. I wasn't concerned about price, just didn't want to walk around with a big VB sign on me.

One thing thats annoys me with Kangaroos jersey is I reckon it should be sponsored by Canrerbury, Addiadas, puma, nike, etc, some profile sports company....

Frailty

First Grade
I love that the Sharks still play the victim over basically everything...

I love the supporter of a side that had an Avatar and Star Wars jersey, as well as had Cancer Council as a sponsor can not simply see that the NRL refusing the Sharks to having a charity on the jersey, or having an interim sponsor on the jersey is not double standards.

I do hope for a Batman Jersey though.

Do you reckon we'll ever see the Magpies or Steelers logos on first grade jerseys for the Tigers and Dragons in future heritage rounds? I reckon this is a great jersey but it'd be even better with a traditional Magpies logo on it instead. Or are there NRL rules around that sort of thing?

The actual jerseys they wore on Sunday had both the Tigers and the old Wests Magpies badge. Seems a shame that they had to put the Tigers badge on the front as well.

00039022-Photo.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I love the supporter of a side that had an Avatar and Star Wars jersey, as well as had Cancer Council as a sponsor can not simply see that the NRL refusing the Sharks to having a charity on the jersey, or having an interim sponsor on the jersey is not double standards.

I do hope for a Batman Jersey though.

So Canterbury and Canberra can have interim charity sponsors but Cronulla can't???

Please explain the double standard.
I've seen forum gossip on this subject - nothing from Irvine or the club itself in a press release that indicates they've been banned from putting a charity on the front of their jersey.

If you can point out to me where officials have come clean on the matter, I'd love to see it - otherwise it just looks like an unsubstantiated whinge.

Flapper

First Grade
Rothfield said as much in Monday's Tele, and although that in no way makes it a fact, it's much more than just "forum gossip"

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Might as well be, he probably sourced it from this forum. :lol:

firechild

First Grade
Wow, 5 threads in 5 minutes with useless one line comments about favourable scheduling. Someone must be bored.

The NRL has been robbing a charity of exposure on front of the Cronulla Sharks jersey in the first five weeks of the competition.

While they are waiting to tie up a major jersey sponsor, the NRL has told chairman Damian Irvine to stay with a clean jersey.

It’s a outrageously bad call. Yesterday the front page of Australia’s highest selling newspaper The Sunday Telegraph featured a picture of Todd Carney on page one.

The big blank space on the front of the jumper went to waste.

The Titans are not the only club playing with numbers on the Gold Coast. The Suns posted a crowd of 12790 over the weekend yet I’ve had emails from people who insist it was closer to 8000.

that was from the telegraph the other day.

Now..Rothfield maybe making this up.
he might not be.

who knows.
why would he lie?

Meanwhile, the Sharks are only 48 hours away from announcing a major sponsor that should be on the front of their jerseys in time for Monday night's crucial game against Manly at Shark Park.

The club had to overcome issues with the NRL which forced them to play in a clean strip against the Knights on Sunday.

"I didn't want to go blank on the weekend and Blades were happy to take the sponsorship each week until we got a major finalised," Irvine said.

"They took the jersey for the Leichhardt game but the NRL then said it could only be a one-off."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...lly-hits-new-low/story-e6frexnr-1226298566703

so they blocked us from using Xblades for whatever reason.

the club with the least money wants to make more money.

getthef**kouttahere says the league.

why?

Last edited:

nqcowboy87

Bench
I honestly think though mate, as much as I actually like the 'away' jersey, they could have just dropped that one and worn the indigenous jersey when away AND if the primary jersey clashes with the home teams. It is predominately white like the away jersey so it's kinda a double up IMO colour wise.

626886-cowboys.jpg

we have too many jerseys, maybe a composite of the away and indigenous jerseys and maybe just pink socks for women in legue round. also the grey used on the jereseys was piss poor, it was as close to white as you could get it didnt show up on tv or in pictures in the paper, thats my only gripe on the heritage round jeersey, that and the navy blue should have been more predominant, like the 95 jersey or this
50998515.jpg

they basically should have copied this ver batim with the appropriate sponsors
. also the raiders couldve worn their heritage jersey hooped arms jersey that theyve been wearing for the last 6 years or so, why did they go away from that design

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts