What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

no name

Coach
What's a battle?
ralph-wiggum-pic.jpg

LESStar58

Referee
As of last year the powers that be at Melbourne dubbed the game against the bRoncos "The Big Battle"... Hence the "battle" jersey.

LESStar58

Referee
I don't mind it to be honest. Euripean soccer clubs have alternate and third kits for different competitions. And if clubs want to make more money off merch then they should be allowed to. I don't think the ARLC will begrude clubs the chance to make some extra cash by doing "one off" jerseys...no matter how hideous.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Please tell me that the Knights dont have an attrocious jersey to wear on Monday? seeing as their jerseys are also manufactured by ISC?

Is it only Canberra/Sydney City/Manly? and Penrith/Newcastle/Cronulla and whoever else have ISC as there sponsor are business as usual?

Although we'll no doubt trot out our Aboriginal Design at some stage this year, Penrith have their Pink Panther, and Cronulla have their Members jersey, so we all aren't exactly sinless.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I don't mind it to be honest. Euripean soccer clubs have alternate and third kits for different competitions. And if clubs want to make more money off merch then they should be allowed to. I don't think the ARLC will begrude clubs the chance to make some extra cash by doing "one off" jerseys...no matter how hideous.

I agree but there has to be a limit. I'd limit it to 2 special one off jerseys a year and they have to be for a reasonable cause and just that, one off.

I like that Storm jersey.

LESStar58

Referee
I agree but there has to be a limit. I'd limit it to 2 special one off jerseys a year and they have to be for a reasonable cause and just that, one off.

I like that Storm jersey.

I have the Battle jersey from last year and its def an improvement!

The white retro jersey was for trials only so I'd imagine we have another "special" jersey in us this year. I'd love storm to do an indigenous round jersey...

BDR

First Grade

I support Everton and they have worn their 2nd or "away" kit probably twice all year, and only when they clash with other clubs that wear blue. They haven't worn their 3rd at all this year. Most NRL teams on the other hand have already worn 3 strips this year, some have worn 4.

I'm all for the odd one-off if it a) matches the club's overall colour scheme and b) they don't have a different one every couple weeks. I don't know what's so horrible about just playing in your traditional kit every week?? Surely they aren't going to make much money off these ANZAC jerseys.

nqcowboy87

Bench
watching the dogs manly clash, i think we have a new addition to the worst jerseys of all time seriously its kinda offensive in a way by trivilising the camo army uniform. and if a manly fan just retiliates with something about winning the premeriship last year, it just shows the stupidity of the individual.

Dutchy

Immortal
watching the dogs manly clash, i think we have a new addition to the worst jerseys of all time seriously its kinda offensive in a way by trivilising the camo army uniform. and if a manly fan just retiliates with something about winning the premeriship last year, it just shows the stupidity of the individual.

I doubt the military will find it offensive considering it was designed by an Officer who served in Iraq with the jersey being based on uniform they wore on duty.

Danish

Referee
What odds that the ARLC could implement a competition-wide kit manufacturer like they have in the NFL?

I feel like we'd end up with much better jerseys, with a more uniform number of strips worn each year (home, away, heritage, with 1 one off jersey allowed).

axl rose

Bench
What odds that the ARLC could implement a competition-wide kit manufacturer like they have in the NFL?

I feel like we'd end up with much better jerseys, with a more uniform number of strips worn each year (home, away, heritage, with 1 one off jersey allowed).

The last time that happened was Nike during Super League, didn't work out so well..

jonno_knights

Juniors
Like their bra jersey?

We havent worn that all year. It better stay that way!

Do they plan to change that to fill quota's?

I laugh every time I go into a sports shop selling that jersey, who in their right mind would pay $160 for that, when you can get the 97 retro, which is a much classier jersey, and is a classic so you could identify with it 25 years down the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.