What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigwaa

Bench
Ao9yfIMCEAAx2Ps.png

Source: www.twitter.com/SSFCRabbitohs (official Rabbitohs twitter)

Same as last year with sponsor alterations tbh

It has a different collar too, the same collar as the previous home and away jerseys.

Ao9yfIMCEAAx2Ps.png

Source: www.twitter.com/SSFCRabbitohs (official Rabbitohs twitter)

Same as last year with sponsor alterations tbh

This kind of sh*ts me this whole heritage jersey round thingy.

So we've got Wests playing in a remake of a jersey from 1950's against Souffs in an early 1980's jersey? Where's the heritage in that????

At least in the AFL when they have heritage rounds they have a decade theme, so that at least it makes some sense, rather than having this half ar$ed effort by the NRL.

Saint Doc

Coach
Same thing will happen Friday night: 20 years since 1992 broncos vs saints GF: broncos in their '92 strip, us in our 1920's jersey!

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I love the Heritage Rounds, brings back the old jersies.

Gotta love them footballs, and I agree all the games this weekend should use them. I recall they used them in 2004 for 80s week, and the referee's wore the old TNT designs, bring back them.

That Storm jumper looks pretty good, although the sponsor kind of ruins it a bit.

skeepe

Immortal
I believe it's last years main jersey, the all green with yellow/blue/white bands around the arms. That was what they said when voting on the new strip anyway.

RE: the alternate strip - I like it and don't mind it... but why blue shorts? GREEN shorts would suit it perfectly and make far better sense.

RE: ANZAC strip - it's not to make a buck. Jerseys.com.au confirmed it will not be made available to the public.

Traditionally the Raiders have almost always worn blue shorts when they have a white alternate jersey.

I believe it's because the ACT's official colours are blue and yellow.

flippikat

Bench
This kind of sh*ts me this whole heritage jersey round thingy.

So we've got Wests playing in a remake of a jersey from 1950's against Souffs in an early 1980's jersey? Where's the heritage in that????

At least in the AFL when they have heritage rounds they have a decade theme, so that at least it makes some sense, rather than having this half ar$ed effort by the NRL.

VERY good call - there should be a nominated decade for heritage round - and recently added teams can use some sort of club jersey from local competition that dates back to that era.

The Warriors could even use an old Mt Albert club jersey, seeing as they were the ones that got the ball rolling on an Auckland bid way back in the lats 80s/early 90s.

I remember once seeing a game between Manly & North Sydney in the 1990s where they wore old designs from the 1970s or 1960s with LACES under the neck! :)

GAZF

First Grade
Would have looked better in white, kind of gets lost in the green. Hopefully they do just that for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts