What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 ladder predictions

BranVan3000

Coach
Second year syndrome for the coach now, what does he just get sick of being successful in the first year that he decides to stop coaching the team how to win?

FMD you're an idiot, you're making Bunniesmaggot look half respectable.

:lol:
No, but he has debuted into an established team with the most respected half in the game, and young team who had mostly been blooded on another coaches watch. Griffin is not going to find it as easy without Lockyer.

They really are in the same position as Souths, yet people here are acting like they aren't

Coastbloke

Bench
Dunno about 2012, but here's a look at the 2016 ladder after 26 rounds..

1. Newcastle Knights
2. Melbourne Storm
3. Warriors
4. Perth Reds
5. CC Bears
6. Brisbane Broncos
7. Nth QLD Cowboys
8. Parramatta Eels
9. Western Suburbs Tigers
10. South Sydney Rabbitohs
11. Penrith Panthers
12. Canberra Raiders
13. Gold Coast Titans
14. SGI Sharks
15. Manly
16. Bulldogs

BranVan3000

Coach
Brian McClennan > Ivan Cleary.

Younger guys will have had some finals experience for next year.

The signing of Nathan Friend.

They're a top 6 team, easily.
How is McClennan better than Cleary? One is a proven NRL coach who has gotten his team into multiple finals, and is going fantastic. The other is not.

I'm not making any assumptions about new coaches next year, I don't think success in Superleague means all that much for the NRL. Which is the same reason I've rated Souths so low.

One thing I forgot though is much of the Warriors incredible NYC team will be graduating. They should have some great new guns

RHCP

Bench
Coasty has come out from under his bridge in the Knights forum to troll the NRL section. Can he make the step up?

I don't think Knights Top 4 is any kind of guarantee, or even likely. I know Benny is a brilliant coach but all this talk of us soaring up the ladder is just setting us for a fall imo. I'm confident of a top eight finish, but I wouldn't be putting us in the upper echelon with any conviction until the team hits the paddock in 2012.

Hard to say who's going to make the eight, almost every team has a genuine reason to say that they'll be on the improve next season. I think the Bulldogs will struggle and the Eels will be the big surprise packet, but other than that it's still way too early.

Ah f**k it I'll take a stab.

1. Melbourne
2. Tigers
3. Eels
4. Manly
5. Knights
6. Warriors
7. St. George
8. Cowboys

9. Titans
10. Raiders
11. Souths
12. Penrith
13. Roosters
14. Sharks
15. Bulldogs
16. St. George :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Silent Knight

First Grade
Dunno about 2012, but here's a look at the 2016 ladder after 26 rounds..

1. Newcastle Knights
2. Melbourne Storm
3. Warriors
4. Perth Reds
5. CC Bears
6. Brisbane Broncos
7. Nth QLD Cowboys
8. Parramatta Eels
9. Western Suburbs Tigers
10. South Sydney Rabbitohs
11. Penrith Panthers
12. Canberra Raiders
13. Gold Coast Titans
14. SGI Sharks
15. Manly
16. Bulldogs

Yep...and Dan Tolar is going to be a premiership winning forward pack leader for Newcastle :lol:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Brian McClennan > Ivan Cleary.

Younger guys will have had some finals experience for next year.

The signing of Nathan Friend.

They're a top 6 team, easily.

Completely disagree on the first point. Ivan has taken the team to the finals every year apart from 2006 (when he would've if not for -4 for penalties before his time) and the disastrous 2009 which you can put down a fair bit to bad recruiting but also the death of Sonny Fai.

I'd have Ivan again in a heartbeat if the offer was available. I think the club should've played harder ball, given Gould said he was originally prepared to take Cleary in 2013 at the end of his contract.

Cleary has our defence firing on all cylinders and attack wise we have hit our straps lately. I think it's something like 7 games in a row we haven't been scored against in the last 20, or similar?

Bluey has achieved a lot in the game and deserved to be appointed. But he hasn't coached in the NRL and I think he'll take time to get up to speed.

I say seventh. Win more than not at home, struggle away a bit.

Loudstrat

Coach
Melbourne
Manly
Brisbane
NZ
NQ
Wests
Saints
Parra
Souths
Newcastle
Canterbury
Easts
Penrith
Cronulla
Canberra
Gold Coast

That's not next year - that's this year if games were only 75 minutes long and Hayne kicked field goals to break a deadlock.

Add a decent half, a test centre, a pivot, another good centre and a tad of luck and we are top 8 easily for next year.

I have no idea for 2012 yet. The Almanac will reveal all next January!

Coastbloke

Bench
Coasty has come out from under his bridge in the Knights forum to troll the NRL section. Can he make the step up?

I don't think Knights Top 4 is any kind of guarantee, or even likely. I know Benny is a brilliant coach but all this talk of us soaring up the ladder is just setting us for a fall imo. I'm confident of a top eight finish, but I wouldn't be putting us in the upper echelon with any conviction until the team hits the paddock in 2012.

Hard to say who's going to make the eight, almost every team has a genuine reason to say that they'll be on the improve next season. I think the Bulldogs will struggle and the Eels will be the big surprise packet, but other than that it's still way too early.

1. Melbourne
2. Tigers
3. Eels
4. Manly
5. Knights
6. Warriors
7. St. George
8. Cowboys

9. Titans
10. Raiders
11. Souths
12. Penrith
13. Roosters
14. Sharks
15. Bulldogs

Maybe he didn't read my post right.. :?

2016 is a long way away... :shock:

AuDragon

Juniors

1. Melbourne
2. Tigers
3. Eels
4. Manly
5. Knights
6. Warriors
7. St. George
8. Cowboys

9. Titans
10. Raiders
11. Souths
12. Penrith
13. Roosters
14. Sharks
15. Bulldogs
I guess the Broncos are going to fold after Locky leaves... :crazy:

I'm just curious as to whether we would be 7th or 16th in your prediction? ;-)

effnic

Bench
Everyone jumping on the Manly bandwagon now. We couldnt even make it in most of your top 8's in the 2011 prediction thread. I laugh at u and spread fecal matter on your graves.

Everyone jumping on the Manly bandwagon now. We couldnt even make it in most of your top 8's in the 2011 prediction thread. I laugh at u and spread fecal matter on your graves.

I'll put my hand up for that one*

Didn't have them anywhere near my top 8 at the start of the season.

*Minus fecal matter

blaza88z

Coach
No, but he has debuted into an established team with the most respected half in the game, and young team who had mostly been blooded on another coaches watch. Griffin is not going to find it as easy without Lockyer.

They really are in the same position as Souths, yet people here are acting like they aren't

they're not in the same position at all, we got Wallace, no he's not half the player lockyer is but he has a kicking game and is a solid defender, where's souths' halves replacement?

rnb11

Juniors
1. Storm
2. Manly
3. Knights
4. Broncos
5. Tigers
6. Dragons
7. Cowboys
8. Tigers
9. Warriors
10. Titans
11. Eels
12. Raiders
13. Sharks
14. Rabbitohs
15. Roosters
16. Panthers

dogz08

First Grade
1. Storm
2. Manly
3. Knights
4. Broncos
5. Tigers
6. Dragons
7. Cowboys
8. Tigers
9. Warriors
10. Titans
11. Eels
12. Raiders
13. Sharks
14. Rabbitohs
15. Roosters
16. Panthers

Dogs are still in the comp next year you know ;-)