What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 ladder predictions

Rebel

First Grade
Any team that Loses Bennets as Coach, Gasnier and Boyd in the backline and gains Latimore in the front row, is sure to slide.

Ozzy

First Grade
OP is a f**kwit.

And the loss of Sandow will more than be made up for in having Burgess and Asotasi for more than 5 games and the drastic improvement in coaching we'll have.

1. Souths
2. Melbourne
3. Manly
4. Wests
5. Newcastle
6. New Zealand
7. Brisbane
8. North Queensland
9. Parramatta
10. Canterbury
11. Roosters
12. Canberra
13. Penrith
14. St George
15. Cronulla
16. Gold Coast
Throwing a tanty over a prediction for the end of next year? :lol:

firechild

First Grade
Top bit of reading there. Still with a big chance to turn it around this weekend. Typical bias to say they'll miss the 8 next year

Intelligence isn't your strong suit is it? The point is, if they finish the season 7th and then drop to 9th or 10th next year they haven't exactly magically dropped out of contention, they've taken a slide over 2 seasons, the same as many clubs have done over the years. Manly went from 3 consecutive grand finals in 95-97 then scraped into the finals in 1998 and then the northern eagles never made a finals series from 1999. The Roosters slipped from 3 consecutive grand finals early last decade to be in the bottom half of the table within a couple of years. It happens, there is no reason to think it can't happen to the Dragqueens. It's no surprise that people think they will be a weaker club next year without Gasnier, Boyd, Bennett, etc and really, the only way they could be worse is to finish outside the top 8. It's not a mind blowing concept.

goosie

Juniors
Comparing the 2010 ladder to the rd 24 2011 ladder, every team (except melbourne who I didnt include) has moved an AVERAGE of 5 ladder positions (min=souths, were 9th still 9th), max 10 positions NQC from 15th to 5th.

So, if you move every team an average of 5 ladder positions (of course they might move 5ish in the opposite way to what I have picked, but just as an example)...

1. Tigers (5)
2. Cowboys (3)
3. Knights (5)
4. Bulldogs (6)
5. Manly (3)
6. Storm (5)
7. Sharks (6)
8. Broncos (5)
9. Titans (6)
10. Raiders (4)
11. Warriors (7)
12. Eels (4)
13. Dragons (6)
14. Souths (5)
15. Roosters (3)
16. Panthers (5)

The above table is a conservative look at how different the ladder is likely to look next year - i.e. the average position change is less than the 2010-2011 change. And every tipster this year had raiders top 4, dragons top 2, cowboys bottom half of the 8, titans 5th-10th etc...so much changes.

So to everyone who is putting a table almost a carbon copy of the current one, with the only changes being knights to the top and dragons to 12th...you are way off. Heaps more will change. My tips...

- Eels to finish 3rd-6th. Reverse their golden point games alone and they're almost there.
- Knights wont finish top 4.
- Sharks to finish 8th - have made some good signings
- Broncos to drop to around 6th-7th without lockyer

panthers last lol really???

NAS

Juniors
It's all in good fun so I'll have a go. Subject to injuries.

1) New Zealand. (Johnson, Locke and Taylor are the next group of stars)
2) Newcastle (A Boyd, Gidley, Mullen spine looks awesome. Good props, great backs)
3) Manly (Foran is the games next Andrew Johns).
4) North Qld (all hinges on Thurston and Bowen).
5) Souths (Inglis to see more ball, Sam Burgess and Asotasi back, but look at how their nuffies have come along this year....Peats, McQueen and Clark)
6) Melbourne (Still all class, but they will miss Adam Blair)
7) Wests (Best back row in the comp next year bar none- But I dont like their back 3)
8) Parramatta (Sandow will give Hayne some space-they need a hooker though)

9) Canberra (I thought they'd do better this year. Class roster, but there's disharmony)
10) Brisbane (History says that when a dominant player retires, it takes a few years for a team to regain their feet)..
11) Bulldogs (James Graham will add to their side, but they lack impetus in the backs)
12) Dragons (Jamie Soward is already beginning to show post Benny syndrome)
13) Sharks (Sorry Sharkies fans, but if you're hanging your hopes on Nathan Gardner, look at the great play he made last week. Should be banned for life for incompetence)
14) Titans (Their signings are all blokes who have serious mental deficiencies)
15) Roosters (Well Todd the Great, was really Todd the Grate all along....Minichiello in the twilight)
16) Panthers (Lost Petero and Waterhouse in the one year....That's two thirds their leadership group...massive losses....Phil Gould recruiting have a bad history.)

Hutty1986

Immortal
Intelligence isn't your strong suit is it? The point is, if they finish the season 7th and then drop to 9th or 10th next year they haven't exactly magically dropped out of contention, they've taken a slide over 2 seasons, the same as many clubs have done over the years. Manly went from 3 consecutive grand finals in 95-97 then scraped into the finals in 1998 and then the northern eagles never made a finals series from 1999. The Roosters slipped from 3 consecutive grand finals early last decade to be in the bottom half of the table within a couple of years. It happens, there is no reason to think it can't happen to the Dragqueens. It's no surprise that people think they will be a weaker club next year without Gasnier, Boyd, Bennett, etc and really, the only way they could be worse is to finish outside the top 8. It's not a mind blowing concept.

You say Matai is a better centre than J. Hodges and I'm the one with a lack of intelligence? The usuals will come up with their typical anti-Saints dribble and be proven wrong, like clockwork :D

firechild

First Grade
Tell me where I said Matai was better than Hodges moron. I said he'd be better to have in the squad because despite the fact they are both always injured, Matai still plays, Hodges spends more time on the sideline in a suit than he does in a jersey.

As a side note, I never made any claims as to where St Merge will end up on the ladder next year, I was just clarifying a point that you clearly did not understand.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
And the loss of Sandow will more than be made up for in having Burgess and Asotasi for more than 5 games and the drastic improvement in coaching we'll have.

As far as I'm aware, Burgess/Asotasi and Maguire will not be playing halfback. An untested rookie will, alongside a nuffy No.6 who turns up about 2-3 weeks of the season. So whilst you may make the 8, I'd bet you any figure you're willing to part with it won't be 1st, or a home semi.

1. Melbourne
2. Wests
3. Manly
4. Newcastle
5. Warriors
6. Eels
7. Brisbane
8. North Queensland
9. South Sydney (for the third year in a row)
10. Dragons
11. Bulldogs
12. Titans
13. Raiders
14. Roosters
15. Panthers
16. Sharks

Frailty

First Grade
1. Melbourne
2. Manly
3. Brisbane
4. North Queensland
5. Newcastle
6. Warriors
7. Wests Tigers
8. Panthers
9. St George Illawarra
10. 50uff$
11. Parramatta
12. Canberra
13. Titans
14. Bulldogs
15. Roosters
16. Sharks*

* Mid-year announcement of club closing.

timka4

Bench
Eels have gone close to winning many games this year. Just lacking a couple more better players to finish off some teams and hold onto some great early leads.
Although every team loses tight games every year, parra have definitely lost the most. I feel sorry for the eels and their fans this year

jonno_knights

Juniors
Usually at least 3 or 4 of the teams from the 8 miss it the following season.

1. Manly-Warringah (Foran and DCE a year older, Stewart with a full season under his belt)
2. Melbourne (The big 3 still have a long time before they start slowing down)
3. New Zealand (Young side, only going to get stronger especially with Friend)
4. Newcastle (Bennett, Boyd and Snowden should see them at least 2-3 wins better off)
5. Canberra (Campese and Dugan fully fit is the key)
6. Brisbane (The strong defence should be enough to keep them in the 8 post Lockyer)
7. South Sydney (Fitness is the key)
8. Parramatta (Probably will have the most potential out of the bottom sides)

9. North Queensland (Will be unlucky, and miss the 8)
10. St George Illawarra (The last 3 months could spell danger post Bennett)
11. Gold Coast (A lot of question marks over the recruitment, should be good enough to get them off the bottom though)
12. Wests (Injury concerns are a worry, and pulled off some remarkable victories this season, can they keep it up?)
13. Canterbury-Bankstown (Similar story to 2011)
14. Cronulla-Sutherland (Strong forward pack and Improvement in you halves should see them stay off the bottom)
15. Penrith (Marquee signings Ciraldo and Armit doesnt scream improvement)
16. Sydney City (Not sure they'll have enough strikepower in their side)

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Just for something to do:

1. Melbourne (just a class above)
2. Broncos (Too much talent to discount, and I am expecting a few to make Origin)
3. Manly (Foran, Ballin, Stewart is a strong spine, while DCE is a talented little sod.)
4. Tigers (Marshall, Farah, Tuqiri, Lawrence, Ayshford, Blair, Ellis, Heighington - that's a classy side.)
5. Cowboys (If Thurston fired then they are a shot. If he doesn't then it is bottom dweller....)
6. Warriors (My darkhorse. Great side and plays a good brand of footy.)
7. Dragons (The beginning of a slow decline. Bennett gone, Boyd gone, Soward exposed - big question marks)
8. Knights (Recruited well, will benefit from Bennett, but might not win next year.)
9. Dogs (Big fan of their pack which should get them there or there abouts. Need better backs)
10. Raiders (Have missed a fully fit Campese and TLL, not to mention Dugan. Should be better next year)
11. Roosters (A settled season will do them wonders. Quality side on paper)
12. Souths (They will miss Sandow. Sutton is pretty average.)
13. Titans (Recruited well, but have to wonder about their halves.)
14. Sharks (Will miss their forwards, but I think they have improved considerably this season in their backs and halves)
15. Parra (Don't have the strike power to win anything, unless Hayne fires, which deserves beatification in itself...)
16. Penrith (Lost Petero, f**k all recruitment and questionable halves. Need to spend.)

BranVan3000

Coach
1. Melbourne - goes without saying
2, Manly - Foran and Cherry will continue to improve
3. North Queensland. Can see them achieving a couple good years with the current squad
4. Panthers - less injuries, Gould factor will help a lot. Plenty of talent in the Panthers
5. Eels - Kearney will come good with his own real roster
6. Titans - some good hiring done, generally been good outside this year
7. Wests - seems a comfortable spot for them
8. Knights - will sneak into the 8, but won't click for awhile into the season
9. South Sydney - I'm being conservative, without a genuine half we'll struggle unless we fluke on a rookie genius. Maguire will be great for us but he may have a rough first year like Kearney has had. Could potentially end up much higher though.
10. Brisbane - great young side, but they'll be lost without Lockyer. Second year syndrome for Griffin too
11. Dragons - will fall apart without Bennett. Big fall.
12. Warriors - great squad, but they'll see some time in the wilderness without Cleary
13. Roosters - ageing pack, losing Carney. Not going to be a good year
14. Raiders - Furner just isn't good enough
15. Bulldogs - coaching, hiring, seem like a mess all over
16. Sharks - hopeless

Packy

Bench
These things are fun but I CBF.

I think Broncs will slide.
I think Titans will improve.
Dogs will make the 8 as will Souths.
Penrith and Knights won't.

13. Roosters - ageing pack, losing Carney. Not going to be a good year

Ageing pack? We would go close to having the youngest forward pack next year

Jason Ryles - 32
JWH - 22
Mitchell Aubusson - 23
Anthony Cherrington - 23
Boyd Cordner - 19
Tom Symonds - 22
Brad Takairangi - 22
Aiden Guerra - 23
Mose Masoe - 22
FPN - 24
Martin Kennedy - 22
Lama Tasi - 21
Tinirau Arona - 22

You stupid mong we have one player in the forwards over 25 ffs two if you count the cap burglar.

Ageing pack :lol: Dickhead

Allstar Knights

Juniors
BranVan is starting to get himself a bad rep now :lol:

Warriors 12th? You do realise what coach they have for next year?

Latest posts