What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 ladder predictions

HowHigh

Coach
Bit early to call but:

1 Storm
2 Knights
3 Broncos
4 Manly
5 Warriors
6 Dragons
7 Tigers
8 Cowboys

9 Eels
10 Souths
11 Roosters
12 Panthers
13 Bulldogs
14 Sharks
15 Raiders
16 Titans

HowHigh

Coach
OP is a f**kwit.

And the loss of Sandow will more than be made up for in having Burgess and Asotasi for more than 5 games and the drastic improvement in coaching we'll have.

1. Souths
2. Melbourne
3. Manly
4. Wests
5. Newcastle
6. New Zealand
7. Brisbane
8. North Queensland
9. Parramatta
10. Canterbury
11. Roosters
12. Canberra
13. Penrith
14. St George
15. Cronulla
16. Gold Coast
:lol::lol:

Apey

Staff member
I think Knights will be around 5th - 6th rather than top 4.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Yeah, OK, I know I'll get some replies stating "can't we at least wait for seasons end, before focusing on 2012". But for some, our teams are already knocked out. ;-)

No harm in having a punt. Can't really see any major signings/departures (Carney?), occurring from here on, so what is predicted now couldn't be too dissimilar to what is predicted in February.

I'll get the ball rolling:

1. Melbourne Storm
2. Manly Sea Eagles
3. Wests Tigers
4. Newcastle Knights
5. Brisbane Broncos
6. St George Illawarra Dragons
7. Gold Coast Titans
8. New Zealand Warriors

9. North QLD Cowboys
10. Parramatta Eels
11. Canberra Raiders
12. Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
13. Penrith Panthers
14. Sydney Roosters
15. South Sydney Rabbitohs
16. Cronulla Sharks

No doubt I'll cop a blasting for some of those...

You'll have a better chance at predicting the 2020 ladder then the 2011 ladder at the moment and this prediction for 2012 will more then likely be closer then your predicition for 2012 early in next season.

I reckon Dragons will miss the 8 next year, also Tigers are losing some good players with not many gains, i think they might just miss the 8 aswell.

We are be losing Gibbs, Moltzen and McKinnon from the current lineup, Fifita hasn’t played in weeks and we are not missing him already and we are adding Blair, Woods and Groat should hopefully also be better for their experience this year, not really seeing where this notion that we are losing a lot is coming from.

M2D2

Bench
Cronulla wont come Last next year.
But they will give it the ol college dropout try.

Rainbow

Juniors
Yeah, OK, I know I'll get some replies stating "can't we at least wait for seasons end, before focusing on 2012". But for some, our teams are already knocked out. ;-)

No harm in having a punt. Can't really see any major signings/departures (Carney?), occurring from here on, so what is predicted now couldn't be too dissimilar to what is predicted in February.

I'll get the ball rolling:

1. Melbourne Storm
2. Manly Sea Eagles
3. Wests Tigers
4. Newcastle Knights
5. Brisbane Broncos
6. St George Illawarra Dragons
7. Gold Coast Titans
8. New Zealand Warriors

9. North QLD Cowboys
10. Parramatta Eels
11. Canberra Raiders
12. Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
13. Penrith Panthers
14. Sydney Roosters
15. South Sydney Rabbitohs
16. Cronulla Sharks

No doubt I'll cop a blasting for some of those...

Can I ask why you think that Canberra, parra and the Titans are going to improve so much?

I haven't seen anything in their recruitment that would suggest this. If anything I can see Cronulla improving more than those teams yet you have them dropping. Why is that?

Rudderriffic

Juniors
Will change about a million times in between now and the start of next season (or even the end of this one) but...

1. Melbourne
2. Manly
3. Wests
4. North QLD

5. New Zealand
6. Newcastle
7. Brisbane
8. St George Illawarra

9. Gold Coast
10. Souths
11. Canberra
12. Canterbury

13. Easts
14. Penrith
15. Parramatta
16. Cronulla

Saint Doc

Coach
Comparing the 2010 ladder to the rd 24 2011 ladder, every team (except melbourne who I didnt include) has moved an AVERAGE of 5 ladder positions (min=souths, were 9th still 9th), max 10 positions NQC from 15th to 5th.

So, if you move every team an average of 5 ladder positions (of course they might move 5ish in the opposite way to what I have picked, but just as an example)...

1. Tigers (5)
2. Cowboys (3)
3. Knights (5)
4. Bulldogs (6)
5. Manly (3)
6. Storm (5)
7. Sharks (6)
8. Broncos (5)
9. Titans (6)
10. Raiders (4)
11. Warriors (7)
12. Eels (4)
13. Dragons (6)
14. Souths (5)
15. Roosters (3)
16. Panthers (5)

The above table is a conservative look at how different the ladder is likely to look next year - i.e. the average position change is less than the 2010-2011 change. And every tipster this year had raiders top 4, dragons top 2, cowboys bottom half of the 8, titans 5th-10th etc...so much changes.

So to everyone who is putting a table almost a carbon copy of the current one, with the only changes being knights to the top and dragons to 12th...you are way off. Heaps more will change. My tips...

- Eels to finish 3rd-6th. Reverse their golden point games alone and they're almost there.
- Knights wont finish top 4.
- Sharks to finish 8th - have made some good signings
- Broncos to drop to around 6th-7th without lockyer

the dude

Juniors
1. Manly
2. Cowboys
3. Storm
4. Souths
5. Raiders
6. Knights
7. Warriors
8. Eels

9. Panthers
10. Wests Tigers
11. Broncos
12. Dragons
13. Roosters
14. Bulldogs
15. Titans
16. Sharks

Can I ask why you think that Canberra, parra and the Titans are going to improve so much?

I haven't seen anything in their recruitment that would suggest this. If anything I can see Cronulla improving more than those teams yet you have them dropping. Why is that?

I pushed us up three places... to 11th :oops:

And Bunniesman, that's what we thought when Campese succumbed to that injury last season. We had all the talent in the forwards...

Rebel

First Grade
1 Melbourne
2 Manly
3 Warriors
4 Knights
5 Cowboys
6 Bulldogs
7 Eels
8 Broncos

boxhead

First Grade

The latter two teams have recruited more than most. I'm biased but the Eels have recruited very well; Sandow and Tonga are big buys, and Roberts could be a good buy if he is consistent.
Canberra have the roster to win the premiership, they just need a good coach and a bit of luck.

hrundi99

First Grade
A fully fit Campo, Dugan, Shillington, TLL, a solid perfomance from our designated no. 1 hooker and a team-wide attitude adjustment would mean that the Raiders are top 4 material. It wa never going to happen this year with Campo off the field.

Latest posts