What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

Goddo

Bench
And the league table for cheapest memberships 1. cheapest- 16. Most expensive

1. Bulldogs
2. Roosters
3. Knights
4. Panthers
5. Warriors
6. Rabbitohs
7. Raiders
8. Tigers
9. Sea eagles
10. Storm
11. Dragons
12. Eels
13. Sharks
14. Cowboys
15. Broncos
16. Titans

There is a relationship between cost and stadium contracts/quality/size.

No surprises the teams out of ANZ/SFS have relatively cheap memberships with their good stadium deals and heaps of seats to sell. No surprise that the most expensive of the 4 teams that play at those venues is the one that uses them least (Tigers).

Rabbitohs proably rely on membership revenue more than Canterbury or Sydney, so I guess thats why they are a bit more expensive.

Tinkler + stadium redevelopment makes Knights affordable.

Kiwi ecconomy pushes Warriors towards top.

Surprising that the Qld clubs are at the bottom - either Stadiums Queensland rent forces them to charge more, or people are willing to pay more. The 3 NRL grounds in Queensland are the only ones that aren't run at a loss (compared to Gabba/Metricon).

Penrith is the other interesting one - I guess demand for memberships is low, so they drop the price to try and sell more.

H.H

Juniors
Calling a fully ticketed membership "community" was a bit confusing IMO. Maybe just season ticket would be more appropriate as thats what is.

There doesnt seem to be a limited games/half season option at the moment, and my letter put me up for renewal as a community member at $150. Regardless its outstanding value and cheaper than my 4 game pass last season and i will be renewing 2 members even if i only go to 4 or 5 games.

With this release, i fully expect the knights to trouble the 20k mark and average in the mid-20's (barring an appalling season).

Have any Roosters fans out there received notification for renewal yet? I havent had a peep from them
Yeah, got my renewal package yesterday. It's been online for a while too.

No figures yet, but sales have been very strong from all reports and tracking as per last year (at the same time). Target this year is 12k so get on board.

rnb11

Juniors
Knights have sold over 50% of their 2011 membership numbers within 30 hours - great stuff, they should easily make it to the 20k

rnb11

Juniors
Knights have tallied up another 500 today alone, wow

3256 in under 3 days

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
I thought we might struggle to see much growth next year but things are looking pretty positive so far. Hopefully some clubs see a boost as we approach christmas. It's a good time to be out advertising memberships.

roofromoz

First Grade
I've posed the question on the official Panthers forum in terms of where the club is at the moment re the total number - should get an answer by early next week. But as previously mentioned in this thread, the club is confident of getting 12,500 in 2012, which is a massive leap from this year of about 6,400.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dogs will make a good peg on top of the 2011 figure but I can't see us going past the Brisbane, Dragons, Knights combo.

Billythekid

First Grade
I've posed the question on the official Panthers forum in terms of where the club is at the moment re the total number - should get an answer by early next week. But as previously mentioned in this thread, the club is confident of getting 12,500 in 2012, which is a massive leap from this year of about 6,400.

That would be pretty goddamn amazing. Good work Panthers on really pushing forward with memberships.

yobbo84

Coach
Getting close to 10k...

2012MembershipCounter0711119am-ed5f8d91-993d-4436-8842-1b66a80fb4f4.jpg

RedVee

First Grade
2,607 for the Bulldogs.

I'm not sure if the Dragons count is down (compared to Rabbitohs) because others were like me and where waiting on some (any!) news about WIN Stadium.
I think last year we tracked them a bit more closely than this year.

Timmah

Staff member
The release dates are all over the place tbh, competitive figures really aren't terribly relevant until about January. Hopefully they do those "membership battles" again like this year.

yobbo84

Coach
The release dates are all over the place tbh, competitive figures really aren't terribly relevant until about January. Hopefully they do those "membership battles" again like this year.

Yep, Souths released theirs pretty early this year - which is good thing IMO.

Timmah

Staff member
Absolutely. The NRL seems to have upped the ante on clubs to release them earlier - this time last year only about 70% of clubs had them out, my understanding is that all clubs have now released or at least invited renewals. From 2012 they should be requiring all clubs to have packages released or at least details publicised by Grand Final Day of the previous year.