What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I love a LOL@50uFF$ as much as anyone, but kudos where it is due - If every club recorded this sort of growth it will be great for the game!

But let me make it clear that this is in no way a ceasefire in the ongoing LOL@50uFF$!

Smiley

Bench
00001791-image.jpg
Broncos: 9,539
00001791-image.jpg

Source: Broncos homepage

dimitri

First Grade
he Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Together. Forever Membership drive has today cracked the 3,000 mark and to celebrate, Membership Ambassador Terry Lamb has once again hit the road with the ‘In the Backyard with Baa’ crew in tow.

The record breaking milestone was surpassed Wednesday morning, just 16 days after Membership went on sale, with sales tracking at 50% higher than the same time last year.

Members are reminded that just two days left to be in the running for a daily prize as part of our ’18 days of prizes’ promotion and the Renewal Deadline closes November 24.

Those who sign up by the renewal deadline to receive an invitation to our Members’ Christmas Party, while all 2012 Members will benefit from a priority purchasing window for the Club’s Belmore Sports Ground trial match against the Sydney Roosters.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default....embers-down,-in-the-backyard-with-baa-returns

franklin2323

Immortal
i suppose im just trying to get a handle on how many of these thousands are genuine comparable memberships when looking at all other clubs.
Ticketed membership's is the thing to look at. Tiger Woods for example is counted as a Tigers member yet won't attend any games. Even ticketed is flawed as every club has different packages. Dragons/WT sell seats for the grounds seperately. Roosters get hit by SFS members not needing to buy through the club. Despite this it's the closest to seeing actual bums on seats

yobbo84

Coach
Ticketed membership's is the thing to look at. Tiger Woods for example is counted as a Tigers member yet won't attend any games. Even ticketed is flawed as every club has different packages. Dragons/WT sell seats for the grounds seperately. Roosters get hit by SFS members not needing to buy through the club. Despite this it's the closest to seeing actual bums on seats

Memberships have nothing to do with attendances, and I don't see any point in comparing them. Memberships are all about the supporters doing their bit to provide financial support to the club.

More members = more money = less reliance on other sources on income = win for all!

If you're a supporter then you should be a member. Simple as that.

Valheru

Coach
Memberships have nothing to do with attendances, and I don't see any point in comparing them. Memberships are all about the supporters doing their bit to provide financial support to the club.

More members = more money = less reliance on other sources on income = win for all!

That is your view if you are a souths supporter and that is because your club is the only one who constantly draws a crowd far below that of your supposed membership base.

dragons__

Juniors
I think a lot of it is to do with the fact Souths have been pushing membership for a lot longer than a lot of the other clubs. Our numbers have been growing rapidly since 2007:

2007 - 9,350 members
2008 - 12,540 members
2009 - 15,100 members
2010 - 18,716 members
2011 - 20,633 members

Source: http://www.clubsonline.com.au/ebrochure/rabbitohs/brochure3/default.html

They couldn't get a better picture of Maguire to put on the 2nd page of you membership brochure..

I guess South fans need a reminder as to what winning looks like.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator

Really?

I would to love to see a comparison of each club memberships and average crowds.

franklin2323

Immortal
Memberships are all about the supporters doing their bit to provide financial support to the club.

Of course every little bit counts 10k at $60 is great in the coffers. however it costs clubs a lot more then that to host 12 games. So people attending giving clubs gate revenue, spending a weeks wage on stale chips & buying hats & flags. Help clubs come closer to covering gameday costs & keeping clubs stay afloat

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
yobbo mate, I know you're trying to put Souths' memberships and crowds into perspective, but quite simply, memberships and crowd figures are directly related. Ticketed membership should translate in most cases to bums on seats.

I'd like to know which teams are counting only ticketed members towards their total and which teams aren't. On the knights counter it is only counting ticketed members, so everyone who just gets the basic package, like myself have not been counted towards the total. Whereas those souths and broncos totals seem to be counting in all members, ticketed and not.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I'd like to know which teams are counting only ticketed members towards their total and which teams aren't. On the knights counter it is only counting ticketed members, so everyone who just gets the basic package, like myself have not been counted towards the total. Whereas those souths and broncos totals seem to be counting in all members, ticketed and not.

All members should be counted in the main tally , with a seperate tally for fully ticketed to compare what sort of revenue clubs are getting in via memberships.
the NRL did this , this year.

the AFL don't even do this
they have massive numbers of basic & country/interstate packages in their tally's hugely inflating their numbers

A Club Like Collingwood has 70K members , but only half of these are fully ticketed ... still a huge number , nearly 3 times more then any NRL club
but not as impressive when you consider a lot of the other half paid as little as $30 for 3 copies of a club magazine .. a bumper sticker & a fridge magnet.

franklin2323

Immortal
yobbo mate, I know you're trying to put Souths' memberships and crowds into perspective, but quite simply, memberships and crowd figures are directly related. Ticketed membership should translate in most cases to bums on seats.
Exactly. Every game clubs need to pay security, staduim staff etc. Bums on seats helps pay this. Non-ticketed may help cover promotions costs or leasing fees. They don't help the on-going fees

bfoord

Juniors
2012 will be my 4th year as a Broncos member. i actually think the diehard membership is good value. because i renewed before Oct 31 i think it was) i only paid $185 for the 12 games. and being the ground we play at i get a great view of the game.

Valheru

Coach
Really?

I would to love to see a comparison of each club memberships and average crowds.

You would probably observe that 15 of the clubs have an average crowd that is a certain percentage above the membership base.

The 16th team would be souths.

Latest posts