What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Shit its no where near Christmas yet and Souths are already at 10'000. Could they seriously be looking at 30'000?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Unlikely Tezza. Unless there's another major push they won't crack much more than 25,000.

beave

Coach
because it's pretty easy use a telephone to order a membership whereas souffs fans find it extremely difficult to get their car off bricks and actually drive to a game..............

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
whilst that is quite admirable can someone tell me why their crowds are not as good as their membership count.

It has a lot to do with a program they have at the club. I don't recall the name of the program, but I think it has something to do with Souths Care.

If am correct, I think anyone can buy a membership for a sick child in one of the hospitals and the club will send out all the goodies to the child.

Ausguy

Coach
ok thanks for the replies...

i wasnt being a smart ass when i asked i just found it odd that if so many thousands of people have the $ to become members why wouldnt they also (atleast half) by ticketed memberships.

The answer must be in special memberships packages similar to mentioned hospital packs etc.

So many variables that comparing club memberships seems a bit weird, i mean some clubs have pet memberships, do they count?

Mr Blonde

Juniors
It has a lot to do with a program they have at the club. I don't recall the name of the program, but I think it has something to do with Souths Care.

If am correct, I think anyone can buy a membership for a sick child in one of the hospitals and the club will send out all the goodies to the child.

It's actually the Bunny Buddy program were anyone can buy a junior membership for under privileged kids from the community. It began in 2010 & have had 1000 memberships donated so far, so not really a reason for lower crowds in comparison to members. I guess people want to financially support the club but until on field performances improve aren't all that inspired to attend games.

Ausguy

Coach
It's actually the Bunny Buddy program were anyone can buy a junior membership for under privileged kids from the community. It began in 2010 & have had 1000 memberships donated so far, so not really a reason for lower crowds in comparison to members. I guess people want to financially support the club but until on field performances improve aren't all that inspired to attend games.

Fair enough... how much are one of these memberships?

i suppose im just trying to get a handle on how many of these thousands are genuine comparable memberships when looking at all other clubs.

Mr Blonde

Juniors
Fair enough... how much are one of these memberships?

i suppose im just trying to get a handle on how many of these thousands are genuine comparable memberships when looking at all other clubs.

No worries. it's $60 per membership. Like someone mentioned there are other clubs offering pet memberships now too.

Roosters are one. I don't know how much they are, but I think a community based membership would be a lot more worthwhile

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator

You'd be best to look at the amount of ticketed memberships per club then.

I would wait until around the start of the season or look for figures of 2011.

Ausguy

Coach
Pet person was me. Hence why I'm looking at all team options. $60 is still a considerable amount to be fair. I think anything less than that mark is not worth spruiking about though. It's kinda like the afl getting 15k to a game in western Sydney when 10k tickets were given away free. I hope all clubs meet their respective targets as obviously certain clubs will get more than others. You can only wish for an increase on last year IMO.

Billythekid

First Grade
The point of memberships is to make clubs financially stable and as far as i can tell souths make a lot of money from them. It's also hard to be critical of them when even their cheapest non ticketed memberships aren't that much cheaper than some teams ticketed memberships.

What souths have achieved with such minimal success is phenominal. It would be amazing to see what they could achieve with a big season (lol like that's happening).

BunniesMan

Immortal
The point of memberships is to make clubs financially stable and as far as i can tell souths make a lot of money from them. It's also hard to be critical of them when even their cheapest non ticketed memberships aren't that much cheaper than some teams ticketed memberships.

What souths have achieved with such minimal success is phenominal. It would be amazing to see what they could achieve with a big season (lol like that's happening).
We get a premiership in 2012 and in 2013 our memberships and crowds would be over 25k.

Mr Blonde

Juniors
:lol: We got this! Fugg me you are always good for a laugh

I know it's definitely the 'in thing' to laugh at Bunniesman's outlandish statements, but he makes a valid point here. If Souths are getting around 20,000 memberships after years of not making the 8, then it's pretty obvious that if we do have a successful 2012 then memberships & crowd numbers would increase the following year... Not really rocket science.