What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I'm seeing the same as you and they are both hopeless, along with a lot of other clubs, some expected, some not. There are nearly 500,000 people in Penrith's catchment and they don't all live hand to mouth in Mount Druitt. They have won a premiership this century and are always competitive. They should be miles better than 3200.

As for Manly, they are the premiers - again. Why are they consistently one third of Souths, who have done SFA in forty years? I'm beginning to think it is a specific group of players that are responsible for Manly's succes because their management is usless. They already went broke once and took another club out. How far away is their next disaster? Again, 5600 for them is pathetic.

They will get 10k yet, post christmas is always boom time as the season draws closer. They still have a gun squad so wont be far off the pace even with the new coaching staff, so expectations amoung many fans are still high i would imagine.

Manly's real problem is with the current state of brooky they can never really go beyond 7 or 8k season tickets. If they can get more covered seating they would go alrite in season tickets IMO

rnb11

Juniors
For $70 with the Knights you get

Exclusive 2012 Member Cap
2012 Member Card
2012 Member Keyring
2012 Sticker sheet
2012 Magnetic Fixture
10% Member discount on all Knights Merchandise
Regular Exclusive E-Newsletter
Entry to Exclusive Member Events
Priority purchase period for Knights NRL finals matches
Ordinary membership (aged 16+)

Billythekid

First Grade
Don't know the exact figure but it's nowhere near $250. I recall seeing a story about the prices after the big boy took over. Maybe it was a one off offer. Maybe forever, but I doubt it. The quoted figure of $120 sounds about right.

That isn't for every single membership. That's general admission only as far as i'm aware.

Great short term, but not sustainable. $10 adult entry to an NRL match? Ah don sin so, Quicksderaw.

I think it is sustainable and i'm not sure why you think otherwise (how much do you think they need to charge to be sustainable and what are you basing that on?). Selling them at a decent price has allowed them to sell a lot more memberships and selling more memberships = more people at the game which = more merchandise and food and drink sales.

I'm also sure that getting more people to the game will help the knights attract more sponsorship.

I feel pretty confident that the knighst are doing very well for themselves.

Lambretta

First Grade

2012 Member Card
2012 Member Keyring
2012 Sticker sheet
2012 Magnetic Fixture

Don't you gain entry to any games?

I know with the Roosters non attendance membership which was about $50 in the first season you got two general admission tickets to use at any home game during the regular season.

I bought this membership in the first year as I had young children and couldnt get to games

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Thats just getting to absurd levels of hyper criticism.

Absurd hyper criticism leads to innovation.

To expect a develop a membership package that includes a ticket to another clubs one off game is just ridiculous.

Why? Already we have some clubs offering within their memberships, tickets to away games games. The Warriors away non-ticketed membership gives a ticket to one away game of your choice ... or at least did in 2011.

I think Bulldogs and Eels ticketed members are allowed into away games against each other. This is just the next step.

Canard

Immortal

2012 Member Card
2012 Member Keyring
2012 Sticker sheet
2012 Magnetic Fixture

Seems like the Knights are overcharging a bit there, as thats exactly what you get with the Cowboys package for $45.

Why? Already we have some clubs offering within their memberships, tickets to away games games. The Warriors away non-ticketed membership gives a ticket to one away game of your choice ... or at least did in 2011.

I think Bulldogs and Eels ticketed members are allowed into away games against each other. This is just the next step.

All NRL fans in those cities are going to go along to games anyway. I know I don't bother with the away tickets deal living in Melbourne, because when my team (Cowboys) comes to Melbourne Id rather a premium seat than a general admin ticket (as offered by all these deals)

I just think its a classic LU whinge fest for no reason, seems there isn't one thing clubs/NRL can do without someone whinging about it.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
All NRL fans in those cities are going to go along to games anyway. I know I don't bother with the away tickets deal living in Melbourne, because when my team (Cowboys) comes to Melbourne Id rather a premium seat than a general admin ticket (as offered by all these deals)

Not everyone is like you and it would be a good way to get more money back to the club itself, not the stadium or whoever takes the profit of the match.

I just think its a classic LU whinge fest for no reason, seems there isn't one thing clubs/NRL can do without someone whinging about it.

I'm not whinging about anything, I stated that what the Broncos are doing was good and suggested a potential move that could be the next step.

You seem to have no business sense, for a business to grow and get stronger a business has to fix up its weaknesses and continually make its strengths more of a strength. If you are not doing this you are resting on your laurels and other business will overtake you.

Perth Red

Post Whore
This is the WA Rabbitohs membership. Seems to be selling well if the number of Sth's stickers in utes I see is anything to go by!

WA Rabbitohs Members have exclusive access to the best seats at nib Stadium and for only $105 (Adult) or $75 (Junior), you can join as a 2012 WA Member which includes all of the following:
  • 1 x Premium Seat to our Round 4 clash against the Brisbane Broncos at nib Stadium plus the opportunity to purchase up to 8 additional guest seats
  • Exclusive 2012 Member Cap
  • Reggie Rabbit Pack including a 2012 Rabbitohs Team Bag, Drink Bottle, School Kit (Junior Members only)
  • 2012 Keyring, Bumper sticker and Magnetic fixture
  • Priority Purchase Period for major Rugby League matches
  • Plus much more

Anyone know if the dragons 12,000 odd memberships include ones sold to WIN? Or have these memberships been refunded/not available for purchase for the interim?

Perth Red

Post Whore
For anyone interested in supporting expansion of the game here are the WA Reds bid membership details:

Membership Includes:
WA Reds Membership Card
30 E – Newsletters
WA Reds Backpack
WA Reds Lanyard
2011 WA Reds KooGa Club Cap
WA Reds Cooler
Admission to Perth City v Perth Kiwi ANZAC Game
15% off WA Reds online merchandise
$5.00 off WARL Grand Final Admission

Adults $50
Jnr $40

http://warugbyleague.com.au/store/products/adult-member/

Membership-Pack-2012.png

cleary89

Coach
I said I'd put together a bit of membership number so we can have some comparison. There was a link posted on 19/10/2010 from the nrl showing what the numbers were what they were roughly at that time (rounded to nearest 100 obv). The 20/1/2011 and 27/1/2011 were when the NRL started releasing numbers. Haven't included any of this years, took a while putting that together and got over it.

Dragons Website said:
The St George Illawarra Dragons would like to advise all Red V Members and supporters that the Dragons Offices will both be closed from Friday, December 23, 2011 until their reopening for the Year of the Dragon on Monday, January 9, 2012.

In case you have any questions while we are closed the Club has put together some helpful information below.

Red V Membership Enquiries

The Red V Office will be closed from Friday, December 23 2011 and reopening on Monday, January 9 2011.

Any other clubs this hopeless? Surely there should be a way to have at least one person manning the office 2 months out from the season.

cleary89

Coach
Dragons at 12072. Obviously killing '10 season numbers. About on par with '11 season numbers, but going to be hard with the uncertainty about WIN.

Dragons at 12072. Obviously killing '10 season numbers. About on par with '11 season numbers, but going to be hard with the uncertainty about WIN.

That was a week and a half ago too. Probably around 12,500 by now.

Expect a spike when the WIN situation is sorted out... especially if the verdict is 6 games in the Gong

Bout bloody time!

The view from this new stand will be among the best viewing experiences in the league. Gunna sort out my membership in the next few weeks so we can add 4 more to our current numbers!

Raiderdave

First Grade
so a bit of guessimating ...
( except where clubs have their tallies on their websites ) via posters putting in updates got from twitter etc
re where most clubs are now ... against where they were approx this time last year thanks to cleary's table above

20/1/11 17/1/12

Brisbane 11,669 12,626
Canberra 3,822 3,500
Canterbury 8,388 8,108
Sharks 2,767 3,000
Titans 5,919 3,500
Manly 4,730 6,000
Melb 6,078
Newc 5,592 13,000
Cowboys 6,422 8,000
Parra 8,616 9,500
Penrith 3,519 3,500
Souths 15,914 17,000
Dragons 13,311 13,000
Roosters 5,279 5,200
Warriors 4,490 6,500
Tigers 5,356 5,500

if I'm out ... by a fair way either up or down for any club.. feel free to correct this
& we'll start to get a picture of where we're at

Obviously the Knights have us ahead of where we were this time last year as a code
the Storm had no numbers til after Jan 20th in 2011 , so I'm not counting them in any increase
but our tally at Jan 20 last year was 105,794
without the Storm presently our approx tally is 107,750

I'd say thats a sluggish result
lets hope we get a wriggle on in the respective battles to take place in Feb.

Last edited:

cleary89

Coach
As its been said 1000 times, saints should get an increase now we have announced we will be playing at the gong. Those battles should help.

I have hardly seen any ads for it, last year they were promoting the f**k out of it. Hopefully come trials time they will ramp it up big time. Be nice if they made trial games cheap, but had heaps of people giving out info to become a member. Even at the trial games played out west.

Titans need to drop prices.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I would hope we are aiming for a min 10% increase each year. Attendances still outweigh ticketed memberships greatly so there are plenty of people who go to games but don't become members, we need to convert them by making it too good a deal to miss out on, or to make payments easier. In the UK they do staggered payment options so your not having to find a big chunk of money in one go.

Latest posts