What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

Joker's Wild

Coach
Which is wrong, the Dragons membership total or their graph position?

Actually the Knights spot doesn't make sense either. I would assume the line between 12 and 14 is 13.. But I guess not.

lol I didnt even notice that

Maybe the graph is including the non-ticketed members as well, which would probably add another 1000 to the total. Who knows

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
"I'd like to know how many of the Rabbits memberships are ticketed?"

Over 10000. Well over 10000 and heading for 11000 and it will end up around 15 or 16000. I'd like to know how many of St George's are ticketed. Or Cronulla's, who seem to be spending plenty on players with money they may or not have. Is it just Souths member numbers that everyone is bothered about? FWIW, I am a fully ticketed member but if the slightest thing intervenes, I watch from the lounge. But the club gets my money. I'm sure others at Souths thinks the same. And in a miraculous coincidence, I'm betting other clubs fans think along similar lines. Who knew?

Some need to get over the fact that Souths are no longer on the bones of their arse and are actually quite wealthy, comparitively speaking. Souths members know what it is like not to have a team and don't take it for granted. For a club with so little support, going on the constant whining of "where are the crowds?", they put the rest of the league who by definition must have more fans, to shame.

This is only going to become more pronounced as the poker machine handouts dry up.

Both me and my wife are members, we haven't been to a game in 3 years now. Still money going to the bunnies :)

This still bugs me.

The aim for memberships yes is $$$ in the kitty for club, but an added benefit of memberships SHOULD be the translation into bums on seats on a regular basis.

This is important for a range of reasons, not the least revenue from F&B sales at matches, merchandise sales and the like. Money spinners that line the pockets even more.

It's for THAT reason that people are sceptical that such a large portion of Souths' membership base is non-ticketed.

For the record Lucky Roy, it's my understanding that the Dragons' membership figures are made up of well over 80% ticketed members.

my2centsworth

Juniors
This still bugs me.

The aim for memberships yes is $$$ in the kitty for club, but an added benefit of memberships SHOULD be the translation into bums on seats on a regular basis.

This is important for a range of reasons, not the least revenue from F&B sales at matches, merchandise sales and the like. Money spinners that line the pockets even more.

It's for THAT reason that people are sceptical that such a large portion of Souths' membership base is non-ticketed.

For the record Lucky Roy, it's my understanding that the Dragons' membership figures are made up of well over 80% ticketed members.

Souths fans have seen the dark days of being kicked out of the comp and are more prepared to stump up the cash for memberships. I'm based in Singapore and the whole family are members.... we'd be lucky to get to 2 Sydney matches as well as the Perth match each year.
I signed up all my staff members kids as Junior Bunnies members as well...the more Bunnies caps, stickers and backpacks you see on a daily basis the nicer the place.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
This still bugs me.

In 2006 we averaged 10,600. In 2010 we averaged 17,300.

Last year was poor, but we were shot by round 10 or thereabouts and a lot of Souths supporters packed it in early, understandably. Quite clearly, though, increased memberships HAVE translated to increased 'bums on seats'. It is hard for me to understand why people get their back up over it. For the most maligned supporters, certainly around here and with the least amount to cheer for over the last generation or more, as a supporter base we continually display our willingness to dig into our pockets to support the club.

RWB

Bench
Do clubs get a cut of Food & Beverage sales? I have always been told stadiums keep the profits.

Dragon_Taylor6

Juniors
I think it depends what ground you play at. Teams that play at ANZ just get a set amount each game, so in that case FandB goes to the stadium.

azza29

Juniors
Storm slowly creeping up, now at 6,308. They should easily hit their 15k target with the 1-game offer though. Slightly ahead of the Rebels who have so far sold around 5.5k of their overpriced memberships.

RWB

Bench
I think it depends what ground you play at. Teams that play at ANZ just get a set amount each game, so in that case FandB goes to the stadium.

Yeh it's the same at the SFS and I imagine all the other big stadiums.

Sharks are the only team who actually own their ground and Manly may organise staff at Brooky thus taking profits but no other clubs spring to mind.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Does anyone PLEASE have the Parra numbers?, thanks.

does anyone have the list for the entire comp ?:?

when is the NRL releasing it
they had already by this time last year

& as for Parra
some guy posted last week that Parramatta were ova 9,000 the week before that

franklin2323

Immortal
Sharks are the only team who actually own their ground and Manly may organise staff at Brooky thus taking profits but no other clubs spring to mind.

Penrith get the ground virtually for free. The only catch is they maintain the facilies. So they staff it, stock the food & beverage. Mow the grass, paint the lines etc. So they need people at the grounds to make a profit which they have done the past 2 years.

Bulldogs & Souths get between 100-200k a game no matter the crowd. According to the stadium they make a profit if 10k+ turn up.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
In 2006 we averaged 10,600. In 2010 we averaged 17,300.

Last year was poor, but we were shot by round 10 or thereabouts and a lot of Souths supporters packed it in early, understandably. Quite clearly, though, increased memberships HAVE translated to increased 'bums on seats'. It is hard for me to understand why people get their back up over it. For the most maligned supporters, certainly around here and with the least amount to cheer for over the last generation or more, as a supporter base we continually display our willingness to dig into our pockets to support the club.

Thought I'd take the time to check your facts and while the two years you've mentioned check out, the surrounding years don't. 2010 is indeed a spike year looking at the stats:

2011 - 14,381
2010 - 17,355
2009 - 14,715
2008 - 14,644
2007 - 15,702
2006 - 10,612
2005 - 12,028
2004 - 11,380

You averaged between 10 and 12k prior to the takeover, and since then the average is in the high 14k area.

Yeah, a solid increase but a team playing in a stadium like ANZ with the level of superstars really needs to be jumping a bit higher than that.

I don't buy lack of success as an excuse either. We have a smaller membership base, a lack of decent results (admittedly better than Souths but still below par) in the last five years, and only two noticeably poor years in a period where we're otherwise pulling an average 18-20k each game per year.

Latest posts