What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

azza29

Juniors
The membership premiership is a weird competition - seems to penalise the teams whose members renew early. Still happy that Storm looks good for a win though.

M2D2

Bench
The membership premiership is a weird competition - seems to penalise the teams whose members renew early. Still happy that Storm looks good for a win though.
I said this years ago. Those who get in early and renew always seem to lose out, Club and fans alike.

gronkathon

First Grade
If you want to renew and keep your reserved seating allocation you have to do it well before this race (before Xmas) for the Tigers but thats ok. It is important to chase new mewmbers

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think we need less Sydney teams. Look how well all those single city teams are doing!

South's and Dragons look distinctly lightweight in that heavyweight comp.

Shame Melbourne don't have a non ticketed membership or they could have added another 1 to their total.

Last edited:

Silent Knight

First Grade

And yet Souffs are still leading the overall count on memberships because most of their fans signed up early. But hey we should boot them anyway so we can put another dot on the map! I can't believe I just defended Souffs. God I feel dirty.

Shame Melbourne don't have a non ticketed membership or they could have added another 1 to their total.

Both teams had their members renew ( get given free memberships in Souffs case) prior to this you derping derp merkin

Perth Red

Post Whore
yep, can never have too many dots on the map!

I agree that punishing clubs for signing people too early is stupid. Maybe they should do the same thing but do total memberships at a certain date? They could run it twice, overall memberships by Jan 31st and full ticketed memberships by season kick off. Biggest prize for full tickted memberships

Perth Red

Post Whore
I would also like to see all clubs ,where possible, release memberships around the same time. if they targeted around December 7th for all clubs membership releases then the ARLC could run a massive 2 week christmas marketing campaign to get fans excited and ready to sign up. Players dressed like father Christmas, little kids opening up their membership packs on Xmas morning etc etc.

beave

Coach
Slightly off topic, we just got 20k more fans on facebook over night........how the hell did that happen?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Didn't the NRL run a renewal competition for memberships straight after the GF? :?

RWB

Bench
yep, can never have too many dots on the map!

I agree that punishing clubs for signing people too early is stupid. Maybe they should do the same thing but do total memberships at a certain date? They could run it twice, overall memberships by Jan 31st and full ticketed memberships by season kick off. Biggest prize for full tickted memberships

I think calling it punishing clubs is taking it a bit far and taking this comp way too seriously, I doubt Souffs are that cut up about missing out on 10k prize money. Clubs should donate it to their junior clubs anyway.

It's a great marketing campaign and seems to work, no matter how it's done it will always favour someone. Don't fix what isn't broke

H.H

Juniors
I said this years ago. Those who get in early and renew always seem to lose out, Club and fans alike.
As in the clubs? I would disagree.

From a cash flow perspective, the earlier your members sign up the better. In Souffs' example, I bet they're more than $10k better off by getting those membership $$$ earlier.

Just good business.

juanfarkall

Coach
I think calling it punishing clubs is taking it a bit far and taking this comp way too seriously, I doubt Souffs are that cut up about missing out on 10k prize money.

Poor Buggers can't take a trick.
Lost their WCC
Lost their Grand Final
And now this !!!
Surely the NRL or the new commision can come up with a trophy that they can win.... maybe an award for most Team Captains in a year !!!

L0L@5(c)uff$

Silent Knight

First Grade
Poor Buggers can't take a trick.
Lost their WCC
Lost their Grand Final
And now this !!!
Surely the NRL or the new commision can come up with a trophy that they can win.... maybe an award for most Team Captains in a year !!!

L0L@5(c)uff$

No the ARLC doesn't have to go to any special effort. I'm sure Souffs will provide us with some very special performances this year and attain their ultimate prize...

tumblr_ls59qr9Yar1qcqjlf.jpg

Latest posts