What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Memberships

Dakink

Bench
How many ticketed is all i care about.

Question I gotta ask there is why???

Shit if the Dragons can get 20,000 people who cant get to any games and are happy to support the club financially by joining, then I dont care how many ticketed there is.

I know tickets are bums on seats, but non ticketed members are also a vital section of the cash flow. Thats why, whilst it is a little eccentric, things such buying your pet a membership to your club should be encouraged. It is all money!

adamkungl

Immortal
Last few years the Roosters Souths derbies haven't got the crowds they deserve really. Should clear 30k every time given the amount of fans both clubs have and how much they hate each other. If Souths played at the SFS...

Billythekid

First Grade
Last few years the Roosters Souths derbies haven't got the crowds they deserve really. Should clear 30k every time given the amount of fans both clubs have and how much they hate each other. If Souths played at the SFS...

I think the monday timeslot may hurt it more than the venue.

Saintsified

Bench
Question I gotta ask there is why???

Shit if the Dragons can get 20,000 people who cant get to any games and are happy to support the club financially by joining, then I dont care how many ticketed there is.

I know tickets are bums on seats, but non ticketed members are also a vital section of the cash flow. Thats why, whilst it is a little eccentric, things such buying your pet a membership to your club should be encouraged. It is all money!

I meant as in the counting, all clubs are releasing numbers but it's not comparing apples with apples. No point one club bragging they have more members than the other if it's not accurate.

Maybe they should list ticketed amount plus general members seperately, we just don't really know who has how many.

Von

Juniors
It is a little hard to follow, and the exact numbers are a bit rough when you consider ticketed, non-ticketed, pet memberships, 1 game memberships, kids, country, etc...but as long as clubs are getting more names and more people to follow the game, all is good.

H.H

Juniors
Yeah agree....thinking about the Rooster total more, I think even memberships that are not season tickets, do include, at a minimum 2 tickets that you can use for a home game at some stage during the season.

So technically, they are all "ticketed"??? I dunno...would be good to understand it though.

Danish

Referee
Interesting article in this morning's SMH:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ership-has-its-privileges-20120227-1tywl.html

In particular the numbers for some of the clubs....for eg at the bottom they say Easts have 8,345 "ticketed" members...I had thought that number was total.

Now I'm confused....They do mention Souffs' total of 19.5k total members, with 12k ticketed.

Anyone able to confirm the Rooster numbers?

The 8000 odd is our total membership number.

I think perhaps all roosters memberships include at least 1 ticket to a game, so that might be why they are considered "ticketed" memberships?

The NRL needs to set some guidelines as to what consitutes a ticketed membership IMO. Personally I'd like to see season ticket numbers, partial season ticket numbers (min 3 games) and then the rest counted separately.