What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

I just finished watching the highlights of the Souths/ Cronulla game. Gallen's knee injury doesn't look too bad.

Of more concern for NSW followers, is the knee to Taylor's head, which is on report. I don't think that Gallen will be able to argue his way out of a suspension. Taylor was on the ground attempting to rise to play the ball when Gallen steps forward and solidly contacts Taylor's head with his knee. Compounding it for Gallen, is the fact that he not only knees Taylor in the face, but continues to advance upon Taylor after the initial knee to the head, with Taylor fending-off Gallen's boots from subsequently striking him in the face more than once after the initial knee to the head.

The ref penalises and Gallen protests that he was trying to step over him. EDIT: Gallen was protesting that Taylor had hold of his leg. The footage clearly shows that Taylor only grabs Gallen's leg after being kneed in the face. End of EDIT. However, Gallen will have difficulty showing cause for just why he had to advance upon Taylor, who Gallen was holding down flat on his back on the turf. Gallen will not be able to use the defence that he was merely marking the man playing the ball, since Taylor at no stage had risen from the turf. Nor will he be able to use the defense that he was still making the tackle, since the tackle had been completed. Almost immediately after the ensuing penalty, Inglis scores a try for Souths.

Not as bad as the elbow to Thurston's scone, but grubby stuff and the sort of brain-explosion that is typical of Gallen. People wonder why I don't think that Gallen is Origin material, but it is his brain-explosions and the stupid penalties, which mark him out as a liability to the Blues. 'Captain Headless Chicken'.

I'll predict a three or four match ban, at least.

Last edited:
Gallen's pass which Merritt scored from, was also over two metres in front of the only possible Sharks player who possibly could have caught it. :lol:

The sight of Gallen standing there, wildly gesturing to the ref that it was 'Six again', while Merritt races away to score a try was absolutely pathetic.

Similar to Gidley, you guys should be celebrating, if he never takes the field for the Blues again.

Jason Maher

Immortal
f**k me you're a smug merkin. Why is it so necessary to be such a prick about your team being so much better than ours? Can't you just enjoy the success and be done with it?

f**k me you're a smug merkin. Why is it so necessary to be such a prick about your team being so much better than ours? Can't you just enjoy the success and be done with it?

Smug, is when after winning one Origin Game out of the last five, your coach comes out before the deciding Origin Game and says things like "Sometimes you can't send a champion out, a winner" and "This is not about them.This is about us." Or making a one hour documentary about 'Captain Headless Chicken', after that one win.

That is smug.

some11

Referee

I love digging the boot in every now and then but that's RBM's sole purpose :lol:

He'll get it back 10 fold when NSW finally get back on the board.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Do deny Gallens ability as a great footballer is a joke. The forward pass. Everyone makes mistakes. Even QLD'ers do. So ohhhh he made an error he's only a footballer. The knee is questionable but I doubt he will face suspension for it. His knee will be fine and the series will roll on. Taylor had a bit of a hit on Gall to and it was the heat of the moment Origin build-up thing.

Only thing I'm slightly concerned with is GI's form, He killed it out there last might but I wonder if he can carry it to the center positin where he is handed different ball and he shaped up against different defenders? No saying he won't just a question. It's obvious he's going to target Carney in defense. He made it to obvious yesterday so the boys will fix that at camp.

betcats

Referee
That a dragons fan having a cry about another set of smug fans is a bit f**king rich for one. And secondly why are you having a cry anyway? pull your f**king skirt up and put in your tampon in sweetheart, they are just words.

Hutty1986

Immortal
That a dragons fan having a cry about another set of smug fans is a bit f**king rich for one. And secondly why are you having a cry anyway? pull your f**king skirt up and put in your tampon in sweetheart, they are just words.

You're right, Saints fans had no right to celebrate some long-awaited and hard-earned success. Not even remotely comparable to the arrogant, deluded dribble served up on here by some qld fans

The Gambler

Juniors
Smug, is when after winning one Origin Game out of the last five, your coach comes out before the deciding Origin Game and says things like "Sometimes you can't send a champion out, a winner" and "This is not about them.This is about us." Or making a one hour documentary about 'Captain Headless Chicken', after that one win.

That is smug.
Don't tell me you are jealous because NSW actually has a forward that is far superior to any of the forwards in the Queensland team (Smith aside)?

Murf

Juniors
One thing that is clear to me now is that if Gallen is out Hayne absolutely needs to be there. Regardless of wether or not Gallen is there Hayne is our most experienced Origin player anyway, but that experience will count ten fold if we are without Gallen.

betcats

Referee
You're right, Saints fans had no right to celebrate some long-awaited and hard-earned success. Not even remotely comparable to the arrogant, deluded dribble served up on here by some qld fans

The first part is just you twisting my words and as for the second part, i disagree, some Dragons fans were pretty unbearable during 2010/11 but even if im wrong, so what? Do NSW fans not serve up any dribble? I know i have and will continue too, and we havent won for six years. I reckon it would be just as bad if not worse if we were up 6-0.

Its all just part of the fun imo, remember this is supposed to be a rivalry.

Hutty1986

Immortal
The first part is just you twisting my words and as for the second part, i disagree, some Dragons fans were pretty unbearable during 2010/11 but even if im wrong, so what? Do NSW fans not serve up any dribble? I know i have and will continue too, and we havent won for six years. I reckon it would be just as bad if not worse if we were up 6-0.

Its all just part of the fun imo, remember this is supposed to be a rivalry.

You're wrong. I'm wrong. The whole damn system is wrong!