What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Strip ?

flippikat

Bench
More photos are up on the Caterbury facebook page.
The training gears are just... wow... UGLY.
They will not age well at all. And I wouldn't be surprised if having to wear them pushes Maloney from signing with us

Do you have a link to the training gear photo? Keen to see exactly how ugly that is...

sheepbender

Juniors
Like Ive been saying in the Jerseys thread in the NRL forum, why does every think Red is so new for the Warriors, and that Vodafone has anything to do with the re-introduction of Red...
The Warriors have had Red in their uniforms since day 1, its just since 2003 that we havent...
To the person that said last years Grey dotted Training jersey was ugly, theres something wrong with you, it was gorgeous.. But then again I think you also said the new 20s all Red kit was great, which in actual fact is an abomination, so I rest my case..

That new Heritage jersey shouldve been the Home jersey, I really wish Green was brought back rather than Red, it would suit the Warriors to have a kit similar to last years Maoris jerseys..

sheepbender

Juniors
It's very green.

k.jpg

as it should be..

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Like Ive been saying in the Jerseys thread in the NRL forum, why does every think Red is so new for the Warriors, and that Vodafone has anything to do with the re-introduction of Red...
The Warriors have had Red in their uniforms since day 1, its just since 2003 that we havent...
To the person that said last years Grey dotted Training jersey was ugly, theres something wrong with you, it was gorgeous.. But then again I think you also said the new 20s all Red kit was great, which in actual fact is an abomination, so I rest my case..

That new Heritage jersey shouldve been the Home jersey, I really wish Green was brought back rather than Red, it would suit the Warriors to have a kit similar to last years Maoris jerseys..

I can only speak for myself when I say I don't think red is new, but having such a big influence of red is. No one can prove that it's to do with Vodafone increasing the amount of red but most of us thought it, so it's a fairly decent marketing strategy either way right?

I'm biased as I hate green but I wouldn't want to see that heritage jersey every week. Perfectly okay as a one-off but I think I'd go ill over time.

devoid

Juniors
The thing about the red jersey that bugs me, is that if it had a black and white V, it would tie in perfectly with the senior home and away jerseys. But it doesn't -- just weird. Starting to think that heritage jersey will look mean out on the park.

sheepbender

Juniors
I can only speak for myself when I say I don't think red is new, but having such a big influence of red is. No one can prove that it's to do with Vodafone increasing the amount of red but most of us thought it, so it's a fairly decent marketing strategy either way right?

I'm biased as I hate green but I wouldn't want to see that heritage jersey every week. Perfectly okay as a one-off but I think I'd go ill over time.

When I saw the increased amount of Red in the new jerseys, my first reaction was definately not, "Oh this has something to do with Vodafone", Vodafone didnt even come to mind, until everyone started saying "oh it must be Vodafones influence"...

I just thought, yes, finally they realise our Uniforms have no character, we're the Warriors, not the All Blacks, we're a league team, not a rugby team..

Its not like they've thrown some random colour in like Purple, Yellow or Orange, they've gone with a colour we as Warriors supporters are used too, cos we've had it before..

The people saying that Red is new, make themselves sound like they've only just recently jumped on the Warriors bandwagon, and are not familiar with our teams history..

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
When I saw the increased amount of Red in the new jerseys, my first reaction was definately not, "Oh this has something to do with Vodafone", Vodafone didnt even come to mind, until everyone started saying "oh it must be Vodafones influence"...

I just thought, yes, finally they realise our Uniforms have no character, we're the Warriors, not the All Blacks, we're a league team, not a rugby team..

Its not like they've thrown some random colour in like Purple, Yellow or Orange, they've gone with a colour we as Warriors supporters are used too, cos we've had it before..

The people saying that Red is new, make themselves sound like they've only just recently jumped on the Warriors bandwagon, and are not familiar with our teams history..

Fair enough, you didn't. A lot of other people did. Obviously, given 'everyone started saying' it.

No one is saying red is new. They're saying such a dominance of red is new. Blue, black, white and even green can claim to be more dominant in our past.

Anyway, the training shirts still suck a big one.

hitman82

Bench
I look great in green so will probably buy one of the heritage jerseys, despite thinking they are a bit weird. That's without having seen them on an actual person yet though.

hitman82

Bench
Oh and btw, just to throw my hat in the ring: I immediately thought Vodafone upon viewing the juniors jerseys, as did both my flatmates. But I don't really care tbh. I like Vodafone - they prop up the club I love.

Oh and btw, just to throw my hat in the ring: I immediately thought Vodafone upon viewing the juniors jerseys, as did both my flatmates. But I don't really care tbh. I like Vodafone - they prop up the club I love.

Agreed never minded Vodafone or the influence they have in our team. They sponsor us and keep the warriors in the NRL. I just want to get into 2012 now, Cricket we will get a hiding all summer so NOT so fun times ahead, March couldnt come faster :D

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

No doubt. I'm not bagging Vodafone at all, either. In fact they're a client through work, provide my mobile coverage and sponsor my favourite team. I just have a theory that the red is not an idea completely isolated from the fact Vodafone are our sponsors.

Haha, I love the passion about league here. Can't wait until March?!?!? It's summer!!!! I can definitely wait until March, as much as I love my league. Enjoy my cricket too much even if we are going to get pumped a few times.

Actually looking out the window today I don't think it matters if it is Nov/Dec or March..

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Is this 100% confirmed? the design looks like it was done in a primary school paint class where you learn how to paint koru and kowhaiwhai. maybe it looks better in real life.

It reminds me of the NZ Maori jerseys from a couple of years ago (or was it last year) but fruitier.

Latest posts