What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Bundy Cup

I play cricket there and it is considered the worst field in the St George district. They would be better off either at Penshurst R.S.L. s home ground at Evatt Park (Lugarno), Riverwood Legions at Riverwood Park, or Arncliffe Scots at Cahill Park.

Evatt Park could be an issue though seeing as the ground is sandwiched between two Oatley Rugby pitches (I have no clue why the ground is set up that way).

Roland

Juniors
The draw is now up on NSWRL site. Wests are scheduled to play all home games at Campbelltown Stadium, but I suspect they may take a few games into Group 6 territory with a view to creating ties with some of these clubs.

All Kingsgrove homes games have no ground allocated at this stage.

i'm just having a look at the draw on the nswrl site now, and it seems that they have all the games being played at 12.00am (aka midnight! lol). Think they may need to be left blank at this stage, or put up the proper times.

hehe

Shrek

Juniors
A Burwood team played Narrellan Jets this weekend. Was this the Bundy team? Any details slick?

Yeh it was the bundy team that played narrellan on the weekend and i heard that burwood got up by a try. Jets had shannon gallant and rocky trimachi ( not sure if thats how you spell it) playing. Either burwood have a good side this year or narrellan are just not up to bundy standard.
Any idea on any bundy trials this weekend roland? i know cabra are playing mounties before the NSW cup trial bewtween bulldogs and mounties. Any info?

Roland

Juniors
Yeh it was the bundy team that played narrellan on the weekend and i heard that burwood got up by a try. Jets had shannon gallant and rocky trimachi ( not sure if thats how you spell it) playing. Either burwood have a good side this year or narrellan are just not up to bundy standard.
Any idea on any bundy trials this weekend roland? i know cabra are playing mounties before the NSW cup trial bewtween bulldogs and mounties. Any info?

Thanks for the info. Narellan have a few ex NRL players but the standard of the other players would vary quite a bit. Campbelltown were premiers in Group 6 last year and they basically had the side that finished with the spoon or close to bottom in each of their years in Bundy. Of course, if Campbelltown had played played Bundy in recent years they would belt some of the new sides.

I have no info on trials but the official preseason comp starts on the following weekend so I might check out the Cabra v Mounties game as that is always good value. Cabra might still have a stack of players with Newtown vut equally Mounties will have a stack of Bundy guys playing in the NSW Cup trial.

mono_mal

Juniors
The 2013 Sydney Shield draw is also now available at: http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=sydney-shield-draw

The competition comprises of the following 11 teams.
Cabramatta Two Blues
Wentworthville Magpies
Mt. Pritchard Mounties
Guildford Owls
Hills District Bulls
Blacktown Workers
Auburn Warriors
St Johns Eagles
Kingsgrove Colts
Belrose Eagles
Asquith Magpies

Hills, St Johns and Belrose will field their top side in this competition whilst all other teams will be the clubs 1'st grade with the exception of Wenty and Mounties who field teams in the NSW Cup.

Last edited:

Hunted

Juniors
Finally a decent group of teams for sydney shield.
I think Kingsgrove, Blacktown and guildford may struggle in this comp though.

Roland

Juniors
The 2013 Sydney Shield draw is also now available at: http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=sydney-shield-draw

The competition comprises of the following 11 teams.
Cabramatta Two Blues
Wentworthville Magpies
Mt. Pritchard Mounties
Guildford Owls
Hills District Bulls
Blacktown Workers
Auburn Warriors
St Johns Eagles
Kingsgrove Colts
Belrose Eagles
Asquith Magpies

Hills, St Johns and Belrose will field their top side in this competition whilst all other teams will be the clubs 1'st grade with the exception of Wenty and Mounties who field teams in the NSW Cup.

So it is the 3rd Grade of Mounties & Wenty, the reserve grades for Cabra, Guildford, Blacktown, Auburn, Kingsgrove and Asquith and the 1st grade of Belrose, Hills and St Johns.

Roland

Juniors
Finally a decent group of teams for sydney shield.
I think Kingsgrove, Blacktown and guildford may struggle in this comp though.

Agreed. The Bundy sides for these clubs would be very competitive if they were playing in the Sydney Shield.

Shrek

Juniors
That's good news for the sydney shield comp. really looking forward to bundy and sydney shield this year. A bit more competitive this year in both comps which is always good.

Shrek

Juniors
Both comps should be very competative.
Any early predictions on the top 3 for Bundy and Shield?

With the bulk of of st johns going to auburn, I think auburn will do very well this year. Wenty have the same squad besides the inclusion of Karl filiga and they well always be a threat. Mounties too will likely field a strong team with all those players they bought during the off season and I'm sure they will make the finals this year. Cabra have lost a lot of players and not just any players, a lot of quality ones. I noticed some boys that were there for the past 4-5 years are now elsewhere. They haven't really bought any big name players besides the trotter brothers and I think they will struggle this year. As for the bottom half I think kingsgrove, wests, burwood-north ryde or Guildford will contest the spoon (no disrespect to any of those teams). This is how I think it'll turn out:

1. Wenty
2. Mounties
3. Entrance
4. Auburn
5. Windsor
6. Cabra
7. Asquith
8. Blacktown
9. Wests
10. Burwood-Nth Ryde
11. Kingsgrove
12. Guildford.

Hunted

Juniors
Nice.
I think:
1. Wenty
2. Mounties
3. Windsor
4. Entrance
5. Auburn
6. Asquith
7. Blacktown
8. Burwood-Nth Ryde
9. Cabra
10. Wests
11. Guildford
12. Kingsgrove

No Matter what happens it is guarenteed to be a quality comp this year.

Roland

Juniors
Too early for me to pick an order. I will have a look at how the preseason goes but:

Mounties would have to be a lot higher than 6th this year.

Auburn should be a big improver

Kingsgrove will not be as bad as last year

Wenty are always strong

I wont write off Cabra until I see what comes out of Newtown

Wests have been training 3 nights a week since the new year but according to their website have only signed half a dozen players so who knows.

But hopefully no more 80 point floggings and a bit more "middle" to the comp this year.

Roland

Juniors
Mounties saved the biggest signing until now when they added Shane Shackleton to the roster. With 93 games in the NRL he will not be sighted in Bundy and is probably aiming at the Raiders through the back door.

Shackleton did win a Jim Beam premiership in 2004 when playing for Sydney Bulls prior to moving to the Roosters in the following season.

Hunted

Juniors
I think it will be a much more even comp. There will still be a couple of floggings but hopefully not every week.
Shane Shackleton should be playing for Mounties NSW cup but if he doesnt peform watch out Bundy.

Roland

Juniors
The Mounties V Cabra trial was cancelled due to weather.

The Entrance and Burwood North Ryde are playing in the Forster Tuncurry 7's this weekend. The Entrance want to improve on their Cabra 9's form where they lost to Burwood and Hills.