What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Bundy Cup

parra_jesus

Juniors
I know that coach Darren maroon had a falling out with George the "chairman" of St. John's . As a result as we all know he took his coaching staff and players followed . Guess George realized there was no way they could be competive with them. He has alot of pride in St. John's and would be grooming The johns juniors in sydney shield for a hopeful re-entry in Bundy again. That's what I have heard anyways . So expect them to get 40 plus put on them most games this year.

itsme

Juniors
I was told by a club executive that the only reason that St John's did not re enter in the Bundy Cup was financial. They could not get the sponsorship to continue running the team for another year. They are currently looking at building a clubhouse and have made a decision to concentrate on that and building their juniors. If the situation arose for them to enter at a later date, then that would be looked at then i guess.

Its my opinion that clubs without big leagues clubs should spend money on juniors age groups and kids before shelling out big dollars on players who probably have no loyalty to the club and leave as soon as the cash dries up.

Matrix

Juniors
Burwood North Ryde United

BNRU had 30 players at the Cabra 9's and the team lists indicate a lot of recruitment. The preaseason comp with give a guide as to quality.

Gains

Shaun Vengoa (ex Windsor, Manly), Adam Nedic (Belconnen), Ahlial Robertson (Wynnum Manly), Michael Lekkas (Wests Magpies), Kyle McGregor (Tweed Heads), David Sisifa, BJ Nathan (ex Souths NYC), Nathan Graham (Erina), Mitch Henderson (Gerringong), Kurtis Tuilewa (Belrose), Jubeelee Teofilo (Eaglevale), Daniel Tomane (Cabra), Tarek El Masri (St Johns)
I heard David Sifisa may be playing for Guildford with his brother.

Shrek

Juniors
Cabramatta Bundy Cup team have had 5 players picked up for newtowns trial match this sunday against the bulldogs. Donny Thompson, Jason Thompson, Danny Cray, Max Nappa and James Trotter. Roosters first grade will play the first 40 mins while newtown jets will play the second half. Will be a cracker of a day and good luck to these boys.

Roland

Juniors
Cabramatta Bundy Cup team have had 5 players picked up for newtowns trial match this sunday against the bulldogs. Donny Thompson, Jason Thompson, Danny Cray, Max Nappa and James Trotter. Roosters first grade will play the first 40 mins while newtown jets will play the second half. Will be a cracker of a day and good luck to these boys.

Good luck to all the Cabra boys involved. Donny Thompson played 2 seasons with Newtown a while ago and James Trotter played in trials last year. Interesting that Trent Trotter is not on the list. He starred in all the Newtown trials last year but when the Roosters take over the spots there is no room for most of the guys that blitz the trials. Blake Davies also played all the Newtown trials last year but played the 2nd half of season in Sydney Shield.

Shrek

Juniors
I think Trent trotter is injured hence why he didnt play at the 9's on the weekend. You are right about the trials though Roland. Last year Trent did very well in the trials only to be released. Blake davies also played well but with the likes of lazarus, kheirallah and mortimer i understand why he wasnt picked. Looks like Blake davies is now at mounties with limited time in bundy last year for cabra. Will be interesting to see what teams mounties put in for the first round matches with all their high points players though.

Roland

Juniors
Cabramatta

The weekend team lists indicate that Cabra have a few new players to offset the exodus detailed on this thread.

Gains

Trent Trotter, James Trotter (Thirlmere), Fetongi Tuinavai (Auckland Vulcans), Matt Mundine (Windsor), Jason Gray, Max Napa, Henry Taofaoo (Auburn Warriors), Jon Letele (Mounties), Jerry Key (Gridiron)

Losses

Francis Vaiotu, Louis Vaiotu, Ben Ellis, Casey Ellis, Sam Brunton, Blake Davies, Jade Ferguson (Mounties), Isaac Malliota (Illawarra Cutters), Sam Aiga (Wests Magpies), Blake Cavallaro (Kingsgrove)

Shrek

Juniors
With those sort of players leaving cabra i highly doubt it would be the same team as last year. Those are some big losses for cabra. Roland do you know the ins and outs for all bundy teams?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Cabramatta

The weekend team lists indicate that Cabra have a few new players to offset the exodus detailed on this thread.

Gains

Trent Trotter, James Trotter (Thirlmere), Fetongi Tuinavai (Auckland Vulcans), Matt Mundine (Windsor), Jason Gray, Max Napa, Henry Taofaoo (Auburn Warriors), Jon Letele (Mounties), Jerry Key (Gridiron)

Losses

Francis Vaiotu, Louis Vaiotu, Ben Ellis, Casey Ellis, Sam Brunton, Blake Davies, Jade Ferguson (Mounties), Isaac Malliota (Illawarra Cutters), Sam Aiga (Wests Magpies), Blake Cavallaro (Kingsgrove)

you can probably add Shane Gorman to Parra'a NYC side.

Ram Man

Juniors
It seems as though my tip on Hayden Stevens going to Asquith was off the mark as I saw him training with Valley UNited on Tuesday afternoon...but of far more interest was seeing Aaron Groom also training with Valley...it seems he will not be at Asquith RM Cup this year....big loss for them he was a major cog in the machine

Joker44

Juniors
It seems as though my tip on Hayden Stevens going to Asquith was off the mark as I saw him training with Valley UNited on Tuesday afternoon...but of far more interest was seeing Aaron Groom also training with Valley...it seems he will not be at Asquith RM Cup this year....big loss for them he was a major cog in the machine

Very strange that these 2 players wouldnt aim to play in a stronger competition, with both been very capable, especially with Groom aiming to play for Fiji at the World Cup and enjoying a fair amount of success with Asquith over the last 2 seasons.
Money talks!
Valley will blitz the Manly A Grade comp, going to be a very weak competition it seems

Latest posts