What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Bundy Cup

Roland

Juniors
OAMPS is an insurance broker and in the one principle in the insurance game is to avoid "concentration risk"

By having 12 games at 2 grounds there is the risk that 4, 8 or 12 could be wiped out.

It is likely that all The junior reps games are all being played today because they are played on good surfaces. So concentration risk had been avoided by the 12 games of OAMPS being put on the back end of the juniors at Erskinville. Kogarah, Leichhardt, WoyWoy and Brookvale today, every game would have been played.

slickrabbit

Juniors
OAMPS is an insurance broker and in the one principle in the insurance game is to avoid "concentration risk"

By having 12 games at 2 grounds there is the risk that 4, 8 or 12 could be wiped out.

It is likely that all The junior reps games are all being played today because they are played on good surfaces. So concentration risk had been avoided by the 12 games of OAMPS being put on the back end of the juniors at Erskinville. Kogarah, Leichhardt, WoyWoy and Brookvale today, every game would have been played.

A comp run by the mickey mouse brigade lol

NSWRL - jobs for the boys ;-)

Ram Man

Juniors
lol, sorry Captain, but most clubs, coaches and more particularly, the players would call it a soft option to cancel so early, once again. But, as I stated earlier, agreeing to use such a poorly drained ground for Bundy is just a "poor" decision...

Gotta say as a current player, even after doing shitloads of training and am over it and just want to play, I really don't want to risk an injury for the sake of the first trial game. 22 rounds is a lot of footy guys, you only have to wait 1 more week

Broncos93

Juniors
Gotta say as a current player, even after doing shitloads of training and am over it and just want to play, I really don't want to risk an injury for the sake of the first trial game. 22 rounds is a lot of footy guys, you only have to wait 1 more week
For me It's quite the contrary, I've been buzzing for a game all week and I felt it being rained out was a kick in the nuts. That said I've never seen or played at either of the two grounds so I'll take the word of the folk on here and assume its in our best interests.

milton

Juniors
been told that the manly junior league is trying to block belrose from entering the sydney shield. Apparently 3 teams have applied for A grade and 20 for reserve grade

Ram Man

Juniors
For me It's quite the contrary, I've been buzzing for a game all week and I felt it being rained out was a kick in the nuts. That said I've never seen or played at either of the two grounds so I'll take the word of the folk on here and assume its in our best interests.

Dont get me wrong, I would have loved to have played and was disappointed when it was canned, but Im not blowing upo like a few guys on here....I love my footy but it is very early days.....

Milton....have heard the same thing....dont really think it can happen because Belrose have already been accepted and are in the draw. Their time would be better served trying to get more teams in the A Grade then stopping Belrose from entering a competition they dont want to play in.

Even if they do stop it from happening, how many players do you think are going to be keen to play in a 4 team competition....Manly A Grade is a joke and so is the board running it.

Roland

Juniors
Round 2

Lidcombe 9 March

12.00 SS Burwood v St Johns
1.45 RM Burwood v Wests
3.30 SS Auburn v Wenty
5.15 RM Auburn V Wenty

Aubrey Keach 9 March

12.00 SS Blacktown v Kingsgrove
1.45 RM Blacktown v Kingsgrove
3.30 SS Asquith v Guildford
5.15 RM Asquith v Guildford

Aubrey Keach 10 March

12.00 SS Hills v Belrose
1.45 RM Windsor V Entrance
3.30 SS Cabra v Mounties
5.15 RM Cabra v Mounties

Thats 8 games at the cowpaddock so dont get your hopes up.

Roland

Juniors
The weather forecast is looking better.

Shane Shackleton not selected in NSW Cup for Mounties. Looks like about 12 raiders in NSW Cup so Bundy should be strong.

With all the Roosters coming into NSW Cup, 12 of the 20 Newtown players were not selected in the 19 man squad so Cabra could be strong this week.

Roland

Juniors
The weather forecast is looking better.

Shane Shackleton not selected in NSW Cup for Mounties. Looks like about 12 raiders in NSW Cup so Bundy should be strong.

With all the Roosters coming into NSW Cup, 12 of the 20 Newtown players were not selected in the 19 man squad so Cabra could be strong this week.

Roland

Juniors
Mounties teams for this weeks OAMPS pre season cup in True Blue Chemicals Sydney Shield & Ron Massey Cup are as follows:

Sunday 10th March
Aubrey Keech Reserve Hinchinbrook
#TBCSS 3:30pm

1 Theo Leato
2 Tim Tautuaa
3 Siaosi Liumaunu
4 Vinnie Uelese
... 5 Marco Muscatello
6 TBC
7 Adam Marshall
8 Casey Ellis
9 Brandon Bonnici
10 Inoke Vunipola
11 Daniel Arona
12 Joshua Ingram
13 Tunui Maurangi
14 Luke Speechley
15 Jaziah Dawson
16 Jade Ferguson
17 Josh Bishop
18 Graham Levu
19 Brett Lahey
20 PJ Asiata

Sunday 10th March
Aubrey Keech Reserve Hinchinbrook
#RMCup 3:30pm

1 Will Dreves
2 Tia Kilifi
3 Nick Kassis
4 Matt Winchester
5 Shannon Chapman
6 Robbie Mate
7 Sam Brunton
8 Tere Glassie
9 Blake South
10 Pat Galea
11 John Leiataua
12 Grant Lahey
13 Jason Green
14 Shane Shackleton
15 Uiti Baker
16 Fred Pakutoa
17 Tim Baldwin
18 Adam Tangata
19 Billy King
20 Ben Ellis
21 Clay Priest
22 Mitch Cahalane
23 Lancen Joudo

Broncos93

Juniors
Can anyone tell me how strong Guildford are in the Cup and Shield? And how they'll turn out on the weekend?

Roland

Juniors
Guildford has released no info. They were a late inclusion in Bundy, they were going to play Sydney Shield again.

Parramatta and Wenty are in a Joint Venture in NSW Cup but Parra wanted all of their players in Wenty teams each week regardless of whether they were up to the standard. Wenty are strong and would not comply so Parra have now done a deal where all the NYC players will play for Guildford.

So most of the Guildford players will be those that Wenty rejected.

Steve Ghosn is coach of Bundy and Marcel Nasser, who played under Ghosn at Sydney Bulls is coach of the Sydney Shield side.

We will see over the next few weeks whether Ghosn has signed enough quality players to avoid favouratism for the wooden spoon.

Roland

Juniors
Is this a sign that there are already problems. Prior to round 1 of Oamps being cancelled, the Sydney Shield game between Blacktown and St Johns had already been cancelled regardless of the weather.

Latest posts