What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Bundy Cup

There were no programs at the grounds and no scoreboards and no ground announcers.

Referee's ? Touch Judges ? Ball boys ?
Seriously though, thought the Rugby League News match day program would have covered the comp as it did last season. :? Pretty shoddy support from the NSWRL ... mind you if they don't even know who won last years comp they clearly aren't really into it ... too busy riding motor bikes through country areas ! :cool:

slickrabbit

Juniors
Anyone heard of changes to Sat's Lidcombe game sheduling. I believe SS BNRU vs Cabra was scheduled at 12 followed by their RMC clash at 1:45, but I'm hearing Wests' clash has now been moved to 12 on Sat at Lidcombe.

Joker44

Juniors
What's everyone think about this weekend in Ron Massey? Tips?

Games are:

Burwood vs Cabra
Windsor vs Wenty
Asquith vs Kingsgrove
Auburn vs Entrance
Guildford vs Wests
Blacktown vs Mounties

slickrabbit

Juniors
What's everyone think about this weekend in Ron Massey? Tips?

Games are:

Burwood vs Cabra
Windsor vs Wenty
Asquith vs Kingsgrove
Auburn vs Entrance
Guildford vs Wests
Blacktown vs Mounties

Biggest tip - don't bet on trials, cause they're just that ;-)

Roland

Juniors
Anyone heard of changes to Sat's Lidcombe game sheduling. I believe SS BNRU vs Cabra was scheduled at 12 followed by their RMC clash at 1:45, but I'm hearing Wests' clash has now been moved to 12 on Sat at Lidcombe.

Burwood games are as per schedule on sunday. The games on saturday have all come forward with St Johns SS forfeiting again.

I reckon the Wenty v Windsor game will be most closely contested this weekend. Kingsgrove v Asquith could also be contested and with clear winners in the other 4 games.

Roland

Juniors
Mounties teams for this weeks OAMPS pre season cup in True Blue Chemicals Sydney Shield & Ron Massey Cup are as follows:

Sunday 16th March
Aubrey Keech Reserve Hinchinbrook
#TBCSS 3:30pm

1 Theo Leato
2 Siaosi Liumaunu
3 Josh Bishop
4 Vinnie Uelese
5 Eddie El-Zbaidieh
6 Luke Speechley
7 Joel Johnson
8 Casey Ellis
9 Ben Ellis
10 PJ Asiata
11 Daniel Arona
12 Fred Pakutoa
13 Tim Baldwin
14 Tunui Maurangi
15 Jaziah Dawson
16 Jade Ferguson
17 Josh Ingram
18 Graham Levu
19 Jed Kohler
20 Tim Tautuaa
21 Tunui Maurangi
22 Blake Davies

Sunday 16th March
Aubrey Keech Reserve Hinchinbrook
#RMCup 5.15pm

1 Will Dreves
2 Matt Winchester
3 Louis Vaitou
4 Nick Kassis
5 Shannon Chapman
6 Robbie Mate
7 Sam Brunton
8 Pat Galea
9 Lancen Joudo
10 Mitch Cahalane
11 John Leiataua
12 Adam Tangata
13 Clay Priest
14 Tere Glassie
15 Blake South
16 Shane Shackleton
17 Tia Kilifi
18 Uiti Baker
19 Jason Green
20 Grant Lahey
21 Inoke Vunipola
22 Reece Goldsmith

Last edited:

Roland

Juniors
The Western Suburbs Magpies have named their team to take on Guildford this Saturday in the OAMPS Cup competition to be held at Lidcombe Oval at 12pm.

1 Brenton COWAN
2 Jerome MOSE
3 Jake PEARCE
4 Leone CRAMA
5 Amanono TOVIO
6 Nathan RUMSBY
7 Jay-Uriah SCHREIBER-KARAM
24 Thomas MORRISON
9 Matthew JONES
17 Jamie ANYSZKIEWICZ
15 Mason HARRISON
12 Uati ISAAKO
13 Dean RYSKO
25 Kruse ROBINSON
22 Levi TUPU
21 Ratu CUANILAWA
25 Adrian HAANGANA
18 Rhys NORMAN
19 Mohamed MAHFOUD
20 Roland GLOSS
8 Seffa SILAFAU

#TheWolfPack Match Preview - #OAMPS Pre Season Cup Week 3 vs Wentworthville, Saturday 16/3/2013 @ Lidcombe Oval

Defending champions the Windsor Wolves will continue their defence of the OAMPS Pre Season Cup this coming Saturday against the Wentworthville Magpies at Lidcombe Oval, with kickoff at 3:30pm.

The team list for this game is as follows:
1 Chris Aunese-Scanlan
2 Nick Walker
3 Alan Eisenhuth
4 Jake Butler-Fleming
5 Nick Mataia
6 Ben Stewart
7 Liam Ayoub
8 Sam Hollis
9 Krys Freeman
18 Felise Kini Taukafa
11 Isaac Taalili
12 Shenelle Haumono
13 Ryan Tramonte

INTERCHANGE:
14 Kieren Croft
10 Chris Satae
15 Blake Dunscombe
16 Mitch Clark
17 Atonio Pelesasa
19 Adam Williams
21 Rangi Tagaloa

Roland

Juniors
Two Blues Ron Massey Cup Coach Chris Yates has named his side to take on Burwood Nth Ryde this Sunday at Aubrey Keech Reserve at 1:45pm.
1. Don Thompson (C)
2. Danny Cray
3. Danny Barakat
4. James Uhatafe
5. Jason Gray
6. Matt Mundine
7. Gus Jasmine
8. Ryan Verlinden
9. Tiger Vatuvi
13. Jason Thompson
11.Wayne Beh
12.Buddy Gordon
14. Henry T

16. Kieran Edwards
15. Joel Dodds
18. Maxamillion Napa
10. Judah Lavalu
17. Aaron Teariki
19. Jerry Key
20. Tuki Jackson

Only 5 Newtown players this week.

Roland

Juniors
The first game at Lidcombe today produced a clear winner but I guess it is an indication of Burwood's form last week that the winner was guildford and not Wests. Apparently Guilford's NYC players did not play last week and the addition of those 7 was enough to take care of Wests.

Wests led 22-18 at half time but showed nothing in the second section to lose 46-26. In the Guildford team I noticed Phil Takchi, who won 2 premierships with the Sydney Bulls in 2004 and 2006 but has not been sighted since he played with Cabra in 2007.

Another veteran in the side is Steve Robertson, who played reserve grade in the Metro Cup for Guildford in 2002. Sam Gorman, who played with Cabra last season was one of NYC guys.

In the seconf game Windsor led Wenty 16-6 at 3/4 time but again conceded 3 tries in the last quarter resulting in a Wenty win 24-16. Wenty had a stronger side than last week.

These losses mean that the winner of the Asquith v Kingsgrove game tomorrow should get one final spot and if Auburn can beat Entrance they should be the opposition.

slickrabbit

Juniors
This may be on. Latu Fifita played for BNRU last week and this week he is on the Norths bench.

Let's hope so as it can only make the comp that little bit stronger, besides, after being screwed over by WT, BNRU deserve an even break...

Last edited:

Roland

Juniors
Mounties 60 Blacktown 4
Auburn 44 Entrance 24

Asquith led Kingsgrove 24-8 at half time so unless Kingsgrove turned that around it will be Mounties v Asquith next week courtesy of 7 bonus points for the Blacktown game.

Ram Man

Juniors
In Sydney Shield Belrose got up against Auburn 46-26.

Interesting to see Chris Salem playing for Auburn in RM Cup.

Also very glad to not be playing RM Cup against Auburn this year...some of those blokes in that squad were friggin ridiculous big. Not that I would be worried but you would be hurting for a week having to tackle them. The prop from Auburn was an absolute behemeth....I didnt see him play but he was just as big if not bigger than Tony Williams...MONSTER!

Last edited:

Joker44

Juniors
Mounties 60 Blacktown 4
Auburn 44 Entrance 24

Asquith led Kingsgrove 24-8 at half time so unless Kingsgrove turned that around it will be Mounties v Asquith next week courtesy of 7 bonus points for the Blacktown game.

Asquith ran out winners 50-18.

slickrabbit

Juniors
In Sydney Shield Belrose got up against Auburn 46-26.

Interesting to see Chris Salem playing for Auburn in RM Cup.

Also very glad to not be playing RM Cup against Auburn this year...some of those blokes in that squad were friggin ridiculous big. Not that I would be worried but you would be hurting for a week having to tackle them. The prop from Auburn was an absolute behemeth....I didnt see him play but he was just as big if not bigger than Tony Williams...MONSTER!

Chris' 2 year drug ban finished in Sep 2012. Auburn are big, but where they're vulnerable is in and around the ruck, due to their slowness from their size. Watched a mate of mine play Dogs NYC against them 3-4 weeks back, and they carved them up in the middle by going to the ruck edge, then turning it back in towards the lazy props/markers...

Roland

Juniors
The monster from Auburn is Hala Akoula. He was in the rep team last year. Havent seen enough games to comment on his defence but he is very mobile in attack. The other prop is Po Longi who came over from St Johns and he is good in both facets. The guy with the tree trunk legs in the 12 is Sione Tovo. He played a couple of games for the Knights in NRL in 2010.

Maroon played an "A" and "B" side during the trials so a lot of those big guys that let in the tries will actually be in the Sydney Shield team. So on sunday their were about 9 interchanges at the 1/4 break and Entrance scored nearly all their points in the second quarter while the B side was on. Maroon appears to be coaching both grades.

It looks like Blacktown will do it very tough. They had 70 and 80 put on them a few times last year and they have lost Billy King, Michael Ross, Jake Lewis, Robbie Mate and Luke Turner and they would have been their top 5.

Latest posts