What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Bundy Cup

Roland

Juniors
Is that a group 6 club? What's the quality like, Roland?

East Campbelltown won the Claytons Cup last year - that is awarded to the best performed team throughout the CRL. This merely means that they won Group 6 undefeated, whereas the strongest teams are in Illawarra and Newcastle.

This club were in Bundy for 3 years and were bottom or near bottom but even the worst team 4 years ago was much better than some of the teams in recent years.

Current players include Troy Gibbs who played State Cup for Wests and Bundy for Mounties, Dayne Craig who played for Wests and Balmain in State Cup as well as the Bundy rep team, and Steve Harding and Sam Hoare who have both played State Cup for Wests.

They also have a half back Wayde Dunley. He was listed in the Group 6 rep team as an alleged Camden player so I am not sure whether he is one.

From last year's side, Grant Lahey and Brett Lahey returned to Mounties and Will Dreves is also been playing Bundy for Mounties.

So considering the current Wests squad, the additions will improve the side but how many rungs that moves them is yet to be seen. The test will come in the next 2 weeks when they meet Wenty and Cabra.

Last edited:

Roland

Juniors
Saturday results:

Wenty 60 Kingsgrove 6
Mounties 24 Blacktown 16
Wests 26 Guildford 24

Guildford elevated from Sydney Shield to RMC at the request of Parramatta. Yesterday, with the Eels NYC having no game, 12 NYC players were inserted in the Guildford team. This means that the Owls did not field their strongest side as Jack LeHang, a recruit from Penrith and 2 of their few experienced players Anthony Farah and Chris Saab were excluded from the team.

Wests included 3 players from East Campbelltown following their expulsion from Group 6 - Dayne Craig, Mason Talolua and Fred Tevaga. In several games this season Wests have been in front or close at half time only to fall away badly in the latter 40. On this occasion the Magpies overcame an 18-10 deficit at the break.

The result makes to change to the ladder as Guilford retain 10th point on points differential.

Last edited:

slickrabbit

Juniors
Saturday results:

Wenty 60 Kingsgrove 6
Mounties 24 Blacktown 16
Wests 26 Guildford 24

Guildford elevated from Sydney Shield to RMC at the request of Parramatta. Yesterday, with the Eels NYC having no game, 12 NYC players were inserted in the Guildford team. This means that the Owls did not field their strongest side as Jack LeHang, a recruit from Penrith and 2 of their few experienced players Anthony Farah and Chris Saab were excluded from the team.

Wests included 3 players from East Campbelltown following their expulsion from Group 6 - Dayne Craig, Mason Talolua and Fred Tevaga. In several games this season Wests have been in front or close at half time only to fall away badly in the latter 40. On this occasion the Magpies overcame an 18-10 deficit at the break.

The result makes to change to the ladder as Guilford retain 10th point on points differential.

How many of that 12 are regular NYC starters for Parra? Sounds like neither side will trouble the top 8...

Roland

Juniors
How many of that 12 are regular NYC starters for Parra? Sounds like neither side will trouble the top 8...

I don't follow that comp but I had a look at the website and 9 of those 12 played against the Titans last week.

It certainly is a challenge to find 8 teams but there are at about 6 teams that show little merit to being the finals

East Campbelltown won the Claytons Cup last year - that is awarded to the best performed team throughout the CRL. This merely means that they won Group 6 undefeated, whereas the strongest teams are in Illawarra and Newcastle.

This club were in Bundy for 3 years and were bottom or near bottom but even the worst team 4 years ago was much better than some of the teams in recent years.

Current players include Troy Gibbs who played State Cup for Wests and Bundy for Mounties, Dayne Craig who played for Wests and Balmain in State Cup as well as the Bundy rep team, and Steve Harding and Sam Hoare who have both played State Cup for Wests.

They also have a half back Wayde Dunley. He was listed in the Group 6 rep team as an alleged Camden player so I am not sure whether he is one.

From last year's side, Grant Lahey and Brett Lahey returned to Mounties and Will Dreves is also been playing Bundy for Mounties.

So considering the current Wests squad, the additions will improve the side but how many rungs that moves them is yet to be seen. The test will come in the next 2 weeks when they meet Wenty and Cabra.

I remember when Wayde Dunley was meant to be the Tigers next halfback. Didn't he play NSW/ State cup at 17 or 18.

slickrabbit

Juniors
I don't follow that comp but I had a look at the website and 9 of those 12 played against the Titans last week.

It certainly is a challenge to find 8 teams but there are at about 6 teams that show little merit to being the finals

That is interesting, as I'd say the top 8-10 NYC sides would dominate most of the Massey Sides, bar a few perhaps. Seems like Guildford wouldn't have lost too much with those inclusions.

Roland

Juniors
That is interesting, as I'd say the top 8-10 NYC sides would dominate most of the Massey Sides, bar a few perhaps. Seems like Guildford wouldn't have lost too much with those inclusions.

Guildford are a weak team and they have several NYC players every week but these are the second choice players usually but this week they had they had the first choice players.

I think Jack Lehang has potential 185cms 110kg centre who has graduated from 2 NYC clubs but was left out for 2 boys from a side running 14th in NYC. Anthony Farah has been playing a good standard for many years.

Last year the excess NYC were in Guildford Sydney Shield.

You are entitled to believe anything you like but the reality is that teams like Burwood, Asquith and Wests who rarely win often have plenty of State Cup squad members and the strong RM squads have Some State Cup guys running around in Sydney shield.

And the State Cup is miles above the NYC.

But just I case the RMC is worse than a boys competition that has 400 players every year (I guess maybe 200 of the 4000 that have played in the last 10 years are in 1st grade but where are the rest???) then it would be a waste of my time to continue reporting.

Last edited:

Not sure what NYC and Massey Cup you watch but I think 8 of the 12 Massey teams would belt the bottom half of the NYC teams and the top half would be an even contest with a leaning to Massey.

Teams like Cabra, Wenty & Mounties would give the top NYC teams a hiding.

unknown1

Juniors
Guildford are a weak team and they have several NYC players every week but these are the second choice players usually but this week they had they had the first choice players.

I think Jack Lehang has potential 185cms 110kg centre who has graduated from 2 NYC clubs but was left out for 2 boys from a side running 14th in NYC. Anthony Farah has been playing a good standard for many years.

You are entitled to believe anything you like but the reality is that teams like Burwood, Asquith and Wests who rarely win often have plenty of State Cup squad members and the strong RM squads have Some State Cup guys running around in Sydney shield.

But just I case the RMC is worse than a boys competition that has 400 players every year (I guess maybe 200 of the 4000 that have played in the last 10 years are in 1st grade but where are the rest???) then it would be a waste of my time to continue reporting.

just to let you know those guilford players were out injured and not drppped for nyc players

Shrek

Juniors

I agree with you Roland. I think the NYC is a shit competition, I never watch it. I, just like most of the rugby league followers would agree, would rather the NSW cup. I'd prefer to watch guys who are getting dropped from first grade or former first graders rather than SG ball players coming up. I also think teams like Guildford, Asquith, west, kingsgrove, blacktown are well below par in the RMC. Cabra, wenty, Mounties and entrance would beat any NYC team in my opinion. Windsor have been up there with those teams since the beginning but this year they have been a bit below par. Anyway a great week of footy and an upset. Looking forward to next week.

slickrabbit

Juniors
I agree with you Roland. I think the NYC is a shit competition, I never watch it. I, just like most of the rugby league followers would agree, would rather the NSW cup. I'd prefer to watch guys who are getting dropped from first grade or former first graders rather than SG ball players coming up. I also think teams like Guildford, Asquith, west, kingsgrove, blacktown are well below par in the RMC. Cabra, wenty, Mounties and entrance would beat any NYC team in my opinion. Windsor have been up there with those teams since the beginning but this year they have been a bit below par. Anyway a great week of footy and an upset. Looking forward to next week.

Don't recall stating anything about NYC being stronger or better than NSW Cup.

slickrabbit

Juniors
Not sure what NYC and Massey Cup you watch but I think 8 of the 12 Massey teams would belt the bottom half of the NYC teams and the top half would be an even contest with a leaning to Massey.

Teams like Cabra, Wenty & Mounties would give the top NYC teams a hiding.

lol Dogs NYC easily accounted for Auburn in a trial earlier this year, and they used quite a few of their fringe players. Saying 8 of 12 would belt the bottom half is just laughable...

slickrabbit

Juniors

There usually is a massive difference betwen the fringe and regular NYC kids, as the former are usually the yonger ones, who physically are not as developed, or as harden. The regulars generally have 2 off-seasons and a playing season under their belts. You cannot use the fringe NYC kids as a general gauge for NYC.

Broncos93

Juniors
I'm curious as to what people have to make of a depleted Asquith's victory over Cabra in RMC yesterday? They've shown a few times this year (besides last weeks belting at Wenty) that they can stick with the top sides. They were leading Mounties by double figures at half time I believe when they played about 4 weeks back.

Shrek

Juniors
I'm curious as to what people have to make of a depleted Asquith's victory over Cabra in RMC yesterday? They've shown a few times this year (besides last weeks belting at Wenty) that they can stick with the top sides. They were leading Mounties by double figures at half time I believe when they played about 4 weeks back.

To be honest, I don't think Asquith are good enough. Don't get me wrong, from what I heard, they adapted well to the weather conditions yesterday and cabra lost stand out forwards Jason Thompson, Ahmed Ellaz and khalid deeb in the first 20 mins. Cabra struggled in the wet and Asquith played well. I think Asquith would give cabra, wenty and Mounties a good run for their money on the sydney shield competition. Even though their past games have been close I think the big teams in RMC let their guard down a little when playing against lower teams. Cabra beat blacktown 74-10 and Mounties struggled to beat them on the weekend. Does it make blacktown competitive? I don't think so, one team that has improved from last year are burwood.

Shrek

Juniors
lol Dogs NYC easily accounted for Auburn in a trial earlier this year, and they used quite a few of their fringe players. Saying 8 of 12 would belt the bottom half is just laughable...

Then I guess auburn would be one of the bottom 4