What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Bundy Cup

Yatesy for PM

Juniors
Agree Roland hard to compete with the Mounties , wenties and Windsors who but every player in the comp stolen half our players and I believe have stolen the best fromBlacktown but I take my hats off the Guildfords , BANKSTOWns and kingsgroves with trying to compete against the powerhouses good to see your positive input Roland maybe you could ask why Cabra had half of its players stolen in stead of sticking up for the powerhouses

Roland

Juniors
Agree Roland hard to compete with the Mounties , wenties and Windsors who but every player in the comp stolen half our players and I believe have stolen the best fromBlacktown but I take my hats off the Guildfords , BANKSTOWns and kingsgroves with trying to compete against the powerhouses good to see your positive input Roland maybe you could ask why Cabra had half of its players stolen in stead of sticking up for the powerhouses

I want all the teams to be "powerhouses" ie the teams of Bundy standard play in Bundy and the teams of Sydney Shield standard play in Sydney Shield.

Sure Mounties told the recruitment guy to GET EVERYONE. If you are the richest club in Australia and you dont even make the semis you are going to do something about it. I am sure that Yatesy is lining up quality replacements at Cabra.

The thing the Wenty, Windsor and Mounties and Guildford have in common is that Steve Ghosn has previously coached them all. When he moved from Wenty to Guildford he took 6 Wenty players with him. When he moved from Windsor to Mounties he took 8 Windsor players with him.

Ghosn knows what is required in this comp. If he is only allowed to sign 8 players I am sure they will be top notch and maybe they can carry the team for a while.

Guildford had 5 NYC players each week in Sydney Shield this year and that can work at that level.

Anyway good luck to the Owls and sign up those Super 8 quickly.

Yatesy for PM

Juniors
Good point Roland I just hope the Cabra can regroup yatesy deserves it . The trotter brothers should give us s bit of depth. Merry Christmas to all and hopefully SANTA has put a premiership under yatesy,s tree for 2013 .

Captain Mulga

Juniors
I want all the teams to be "powerhouses" ie the teams of Bundy standard play in Bundy and the teams of Sydney Shield standard play in Sydney Shield.

Sure Mounties told the recruitment guy to GET EVERYONE. If you are the richest club in Australia and you dont even make the semis you are going to do something about it. I am sure that Yatesy is lining up quality replacements at Cabra.

The thing the Wenty, Windsor and Mounties and Guildford have in common is that Steve Ghosn has previously coached them all. When he moved from Wenty to Guildford he took 6 Wenty players with him. When he moved from Windsor to Mounties he took 8 Windsor players with him.

Ghosn knows what is required in this comp. If he is only allowed to sign 8 players I am sure they will be top notch and maybe they can carry the team for a while.

Guildford had 5 NYC players each week in Sydney Shield this year and that can work at that level.

Anyway good luck to the Owls and sign up those Super 8 quickly.

The thing about those clubs is if you are a good club players come to you.
Mounties don't pay overs, they pay market value but the players know they will be looked after and have guarantees that they will receive what they have been promised.
Plenty of players have come expecting a big pay day and have left disappointed but the ones that stay turn out better for the experience.

The thing about those clubs is if you are a good club players come to you.
Mounties don't pay overs, they pay market value but the players know they will be looked after and have guarantees that they will receive what they have been promised.
Plenty of players have come expecting a big pay day and have left disappointed but the ones that stay turn out better for the experience.

Which players have left the Cabramatta Blues to go to the Mounties

Roland

Juniors
With Bundaberg pulling out of the sponsorship, the comp will be called the Ron Massey Cup this year.

milton

Juniors
Does anyone have any inside info on the Manly comp this year, sounds a little deppressing, so far there are only:

Valley
Narraweena
Manly Cove
Narrabeen
Willoughby?

Dissapointing considering how strong the actual teams are. Very poor administration by the junior league by the sounds of things.

Joker44

Juniors
Does anyone have any inside info on the Manly comp this year, sounds a little deppressing, so far there are only:

Valley
Narraweena
Manly Cove
Narrabeen
Willoughby?

Dissapointing considering how strong the actual teams are. Very poor administration by the junior league by the sounds of things.

Valley apparently trying to enter Sydney Shield. They have lost Dylan Montgomery to Asquith and Mick Vella is concentrating on working. So losing both front rowers will make it hard for them. But they have several players that could play Bundy cup level.
Narraweena players are angry at board for not receiving all money for 2012 season.
Manly Cove who knows. With Hoppa in the picture anything could happens.
Narrabeen losing both Pethybridges (young and old) so will find it hard to retain players.
Willoughby. Can't see them getting players to compete.

I seem to remember Tooheys sponsoring the Metro Cup prior to the JBC/BRC, but the competition was still referred to the Metro Cup.

I hope they keep the cup named after Massey, even if there is a naming rights sponsor. That is what happens with the Sydney Shield right?

Roland

Juniors
Yeh Sydney Shield is not called True Blue Chemicals Shield.

4 weeks until the season starts with the Cabra 9's.

Captain Mulga

Juniors
As with the VB NSW Cup the Ron Massey Cup will have a sponsor and it will be called the (insert sponsors name) Ron Massey Cup, just like the True Blue Chemicals Sydney Shield.
The sponsorship has been growing with the competition and there was prize money last year for all finalists.

Roland

Juniors
Tim Dengate (Windsor) has moved to Picton Magpies.

Josh Graham and Cameron Graham from Narellan Jets are joining Kingsgrove Colts.