What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Bundy Cup

Is this the first game back at Beverly Hills for the year? They played most games there last year.

It has been to see Kingsgrove play a majority of their homes games this season at both Hurstville and Kogarah Ovals.

A shame that the team aren't as good as other teams! Wish they were though.

slickrabbit

Juniors
Is this the first game back at Beverly Hills for the year? They played most games there last year.

It has been to see Kingsgrove play a majority of their homes games this season at both Hurstville and Kogarah Ovals.

A shame that the team aren't as good as other teams! Wish they were though.

What is it with Colts? Do they not have the sponsorship to spend the 150K salaray cap, or can they not attract players even with the cash available? Why haven't they tried linking with say someone like the Cutters to get some NSW Cup players back to help out?

Shrek

Juniors
What is it with Colts? Do they not have the sponsorship to spend the 150K salaray cap, or can they not attract players even with the cash available? Why haven't they tried linking with say someone like the Cutters to get some NSW Cup players back to help out?

I don't know but last year they won one game which was their last game against blacktown if memory serves me correct. I dont why they bothered putting another bundy team this year. What they should've done is put their bundy team in the sydney shield competition and see how they would go there, even though I think they would still struggle in the SS. It's embarrassing and it's boring as a spectator to watch games where it's always 60+ points in between whoever is playing kingsgrove. I don't know how they can turn up every week and get bashed around the park like they do. I went to watch cabra play kingsgrove last week and cabra in the SS fielded 7 c grade players and bundy fielded 7 SS players so both teams were very under-strengthen. Yet SS put on I think it was 90 points to 6- and bundy were 16-0 at one stage only to come back and win 68-16. Thy really need to start focusing on next year and how to make the club better coz right now they're just like another bye.

Kingsgrove have affiliations with the Roosters, they get back a handful of 20's players, obviously they are not the best.

Also I heard they are not aloud to use Oki or Hurstville if it has been raining during the week.

Joker44

Juniors
Hearing rumours that Mounties will be forfeiting their Sydney Shield game tomorrow due to not having enough players because of injury

Haha how do they not have enough players!! They signed 50 in the off season!
If a team affiliated with an NRL team cannot field 3 teams after signing everyone under the sun in the pre season then something is wrong!

Last edited:

slickrabbit

Juniors
Haha how do they not have enough players!! They signed 50 in the off season!
If a team affiliated with an NRL team cannot field 3 teams after signing everyone under the sun in the pre season then something is wrong!

Probably a combination of their injuries and their earlier arrogance around not paying SS players. Guessing some got jack of training 3dys a week for nothing...

I don't get some of these clubs that pay around $300 a win or so, and ask players to train 3-4dys a week, when they can go to group comps and get far more for 2dys a week. It's RMC, not NSW Cup, NYC or NRL even.

Captain Mulga

Juniors
Probably a combination of their injuries and their earlier arrogance around not paying SS players. Guessing some got jack of training 3dys a week for nothing...

I don't get some of these clubs that pay around $300 a win or so, and ask players to train 3-4dys a week, when they can go to group comps and get far more for 2dys a week. It's RMC, not NSW Cup, NYC or NRL even.

Facts would be good.
No way Mounties signed 50+ players, it just appeared that way as they were the only club transparent enough to release their signing.
Arrogant, your conceited opinion, ask the players and other clubs if they think that.
There are a lot of clubs who do not pay their Sydney Shield players and the players know that.
They go to these clubs for an opportunity and because they are good clubs who look after their players, hardly the seat of arrogance.
The issue at Mounties at the moment is injuries, and a lot of them, which happens in this game.
There have been some players who have been allowed to leave for personal reasons and have been replaced along with the season long injured but for the most part, the club is sticking by the injured players and doing everything they can to get them back on the field which is why they played Sydney Shield today with five 17 year olds.
All clubs in a partnership with NRL clubs have the same issue, injuries to the upper tiers give players in the lower tiers an opportunity which make them better players and is why this game is so great.
If all players chased money in group comps, the Sydney league scene and the bush would be in a worse position than it already is. Cudo's to the players I say and you should all get behind the clubs, big or small that are trying to promote the game at a higher level.

Shrek

Juniors
Facts would be good.
No way Mounties signed 50+ players, it just appeared that way as they were the only club transparent enough to release their signing.
Arrogant, your conceited opinion, ask the players and other clubs if they think that.
There are a lot of clubs who do not pay their Sydney Shield players and the players know that.
They go to these clubs for an opportunity and because they are good clubs who look after their players, hardly the seat of arrogance.
The issue at Mounties at the moment is injuries, and a lot of them, which happens in this game.
There have been some players who have been allowed to leave for personal reasons and have been replaced along with the season long injured but for the most part, the club is sticking by the injured players and doing everything they can to get them back on the field which is why they played Sydney Shield today with five 17 year olds.
All clubs in a partnership with NRL clubs have the same issue, injuries to the upper tiers give players in the lower tiers an opportunity which make them better players and is why this game is so great.
If all players chased money in group comps, the Sydney league scene and the bush would be in a worse position than it already is. Cudo's to the players I say and you should all get behind the clubs, big or small that are trying to promote the game at a higher level.

I know that more than half of the boys playing SS for Mounties, signed with Mounties with the intention to play RMC and possibly NSW cup. I mean lets name a few. Billy king, top try scorer in bundy last year and makes the rep team. Comes to Mounties only to find himself playing SS. Ellis brothers, both cabra bundy players last year, never saw a game of SS last year. Ben making the rep team and both signed with Mounties. In my opinion, Ben should be playing NSW cup. But like billy, these two have had to play SS wit one or two RMC games. Mounties also announced these signings for the club as if they were big signings. I wouldn't train 3 days a week playing SS and not get paid. And I understand why there have been a few requests for releases.
Also tim Baldwin Mounties starting lock last year, got Mounties bundy player of the year and makes the rep team. Had to start the year in SS and now struggling to get a start in RMC. These a just a few people playing Mounties that are playing SS who I think would rather be playing RMC. And why is it group 6 clubs have more money than sydney based clubs?

Captain Mulga

Juniors
I know that more than half of the boys playing SS for Mounties, signed with Mounties with the intention to play RMC and possibly NSW cup. I mean lets name a few. Billy king, top try scorer in bundy last year and makes the rep team. Comes to Mounties only to find himself playing SS. Ellis brothers, both cabra bundy players last year, never saw a game of SS last year. Ben making the rep team and both signed with Mounties. In my opinion, Ben should be playing NSW cup. But like billy, these two have had to play SS wit one or two RMC games. Mounties also announced these signings for the club as if they were big signings. I wouldn't train 3 days a week playing SS and not get paid. And I understand why there have been a few requests for releases.
Also tim Baldwin Mounties starting lock last year, got Mounties bundy player of the year and makes the rep team. Had to start the year in SS and now struggling to get a start in RMC. These a just a few people playing Mounties that are playing SS who I think would rather be playing RMC. And why is it group 6 clubs have more money than sydney based clubs?

Every player signs with the intension of playing at the highest possible grade. I don't know of many who sign a contract to play at this level and then aspire to be mediocre.
When players spend chunks of time missing off season training it gives other players a chance to impress the coaching staff and when teams then win 10 games in a row it makes it easy for the coach to pick his team each week and fortunately for those players who took their opportunity they leapfrog the players with the big reputations, its that simple.
Now lets look at the facts.
Billy King has played 6 games of Sydney Shield and 6 games of RMC, unfortunately found himself outside of the starting team at the start of the season but has now made his way into the team, and came to Mounties for an opportunity, missed some preseason and has had to do it the hard way but got there, very impressive attitude and has backed it up with performance.
Tim Baldwin has played 11 games of RMC, that's all of them for this season as far as I can see so not sure where you are getting your facts from.
All of this information is on Mounties website so you dont have to look too hard.
It's only possible to fit 17 players into a team each week so for players at this level every week is a test and they do it well.
I think you are looking at ways to take a shot at the club rather than give the players their due credit.

Kingsgrove are liked with Easts for some reason. All surplus Illawarra Cutters + STGI NYC players play in the Carlton League (Illawarra 1st Division). As for money, they would be up struggle street like most St George District clubs.

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Spoken to a few directors at Cabra and don't be surprised if this is Yatesys last year at the helm. A big player push for the SS coach to step up. May guarantee a GF birth as the last 2 coaches to get the punt have come following GF appearances.

RMC:

I don't know what the reason is (maybe because of the wet weather and trying to protect the ground?), but the Kingsgrove Colts are taking this weekends game against Blacktown away from Kogarah Oval, to Norford Oval at Sefton. Kick-off is still at 2.45pm.

Shrek

Juniors
Spoken to a few directors at Cabra and don't be surprised if this is Yatesys last year at the helm. A big player push for the SS coach to step up. May guarantee a GF birth as the last 2 coaches to get the punt have come following GF appearances.

That's interesting. I've heard from players from other clubs that alot of players do not agree with alot of his coaching methods hence why so many have left from last year. If memory serves me correct cabra have lost vaiotu brothers, Ellis brothers (Ben, casey and Rhys), Sam brunton, isaac maliota, Reece jager, Sam aiga, Blake Davies to name a few. The year chris Yates was announced as coach, alot of big name players from the winning 2011 side also left. None bigger than Andrew dallalana and Jamie small. Who is the SS coach at cabra? Has he coached anywhere else?

RMC:

I don't know what the reason is (maybe because of the wet weather and trying to protect the ground?), but the Kingsgrove Colts are taking this weekends game against Blacktown away from Kogarah Oval, to Norford Oval at Sefton. Kick-off is still at 2.45pm.

if it rains during the week the Colts cant play on either Oki or Hurstville. Looking a Beverly Hills park it was under water yesterday, so I would imagine that's the reason they are at Norford.

thanks for the clarification. Kind of realised that they were using Beverly Hills park this year as their ''final / third'' home ground. Didn't realise how much of the park was under water today, but most of Sydney's parks were terrible. Norford must have had better rain-water drainage. hehehe