What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

gzerounian

Juniors
afterthought...kangaroos training jersey version 2

21obzfc.jpg

ShaneO85

Juniors
Yes we can't risk having a colour clash with all the other Rugby League powerhouses who wear green and gold.

depends if the saffas compete and what ireland run around in... very remote chance it would ever be an issue though... i also remember reading somewhere a while back that Jamaica had just formed a rugby league team/comp... not that aus would be playing them in the next decade though...

gzerounian

Juniors
Jamaica Rugby League got their qualification campaign for the Rugby League World Cup 2013 off to a great start with a 20-6 win over South Africa Rhinos but lost their next game against the United States in Philadelphia which determined their World Cup destiny

2itfqlt.jpg

Lossy

Juniors
In this week and a bit I've seen in NZ so far I've noticed a bizarre trend; in all the sporting stores they might not stock every teams jersey but they stock each and every teams official shorts! Apparently according to the missus that's the more preferred way of expressing casual support over here.

Related NZ Herald article during the week.

Excerpt:
Goodbye smugglers - NRL shorts become 'a real cult item' for summer fashion-wear.

As men strip down to head to the beach, sales for the swimwear of the summer, NRL shorts, have picked up.

But the infamous budgie smugglers are holding on strong with a steady stream of sales.

In the past four or five months, Rebel Sport has seen a spike in the sale of league shorts.

Managing director Rod Duke said they were flying off the shelves.

"They're just going gang-busters. It's just ridiculous."

Mr Duke had no explanation for the shorts' sudden popularity - he could only say they'd become "a real cult item".

He said they'd become "huge" about Christmas time.

But budgie smuggler sales were still holding steady.

"Look, they'll be around for a very, very, very long time, but in terms of something that has really gone off, it's those NRL shorts."

hutch

First Grade
Yes we can't risk having a colour clash with all the other Rugby League powerhouses who wear green and gold.

Ireland are playing Australia at home in the 2013 rlwc. I would expect the away team to wear the alternate jersey, so maybe there is a need for a kangaroos away jersey.

ShaneO85

Juniors
The irish jersey for reference
14324.jpg

I'd see the irish jersey as the biggest clash and need one of us in either yellow or white... they are mostly green, albeit different shades but certainly close enough to be a problem...

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
When did Ireland become an international powerhouse?

You could get mixed up and pass the fekkers the ball on half a dozen occasions and still beat them by 70.

National jerseys should be left the same.

ShaneO85

Juniors
When did Ireland become an international powerhouse?

You could get mixed up and pass the fekkers the ball on half a dozen occasions and still beat them by 70.

National jerseys should be left the same.

the national jersey should definitely only be the main and a clash kit. but when there is an obvious clash then one team needs to have an alternative.
the simple solution is ireland switch to a mostly white or aus switch to a mostly gold. including socks and shorts.
It shits me to tears that the NRL make everyone have radically different jerseys for differentiaion but then allow the refs, and opposing players to wear the same colour shorts and/or sock.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
the national jersey should definitely only be the main and a clash kit. but when there is an obvious clash then one team needs to have an alternative.
the simple solution is ireland switch to a mostly white or aus switch to a mostly gold. including socks and shorts.
It shits me to tears that the NRL make everyone have radically different jerseys for differentiaion but then allow the refs, and opposing players to wear the same colour shorts and/or sock.

No, the simplest solution would be to leave the jerseys as they are...

ShaneO85

Juniors
No, the simplest solution would be to leave the jerseys as they are...

but then you have a game between a side wearing green jersey, shorts and socks against a team wearing green jersey, shorts and socks. that is not a workable solution. at least 1 team needs an alternate to stop the clash.

Status
Not open for further replies.