What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAZF

First Grade
Me too, most people want simple classy jersey's which I think the Pirates are, maybe it is a bit bland for some peoples expectations.

They've combined elements that don't go together, namely a traditional V with side panels. The V's are also a bit too thick. All that aside, with a name and logo like the Pirates I think we were all expecting something more unique.

docbrown

Coach
No thankyou. As much as the V is a fairly unique element to league, it would be a shame to shoehorn all teams into one design. That approach did not work well for Super League (mind you, shithouse designs doesn't help either). There's a strong history of hooped, plain and miscellaneous designs in the sport that shouldn't be traded in for the sake of uniformity.

We'll just have to disagree on that one. I think it would set the game apart from other codes.

gzerounian

Juniors
I'd like to see every international rugby league nation playing with a double chevron on their jersey based on the exact same template. It would signify a unity throughout the game globally.

Though this might not work in rugby league, I used to LOVE it when the home country of cricket world cups (as well as world series cricket) were in charge of supplying consistent kits for all countries. Things looked so much better back then compared to the random cricket jerseys we get now. For the record.. the 1992 world cup uniforms below were ISC.

34yeob8.jpg

King Tigerman

Juniors
yeah but those were the days there were only 2 or 3 countries that wore coloured clothing in 1 dayers as soon as all sides wore coloured clothes they all made their own designs

kdalymc

Bench
Yeah your right, cos there's only 2 or 3 countries in that first photo...

On same note, f the same template- would be boring as. Oz and nz look brilliant, keep England with the "English flag" template, if Great Britain exist again keep there chevron but they have 3 colours.
Most other countries have v's anyways just different thicknesses/designs. Don't change anything...
Except make USA bring back there flag jersey, that was classic.

kdalymc

Bench
Though this might not work in rugby league, I used to LOVE it when the home country of cricket world cups (as well as world series cricket) were in charge of supplying consistent kits for all countries. Things looked so much better back then compared to the random cricket jerseys we get now. For the record.. the 1992 world cup uniforms below were ISC.

34yeob8.jpg

New Zealand cricket team/ Auckland warriors league team- Changing team colours every 3 weeks...

gzerounian

Juniors
New Zealand cricket team/ Auckland warriors league team- Changing team colours every 3 weeks...

I think its really hard for any kiwi sporting team other than the All Blacks to have any sort of identity so they keep trying to come up with new colours and nick names that will stick.

Names like All Whites (soccer) Black Caps (cricket) and Tall Blacks (basketball) are all examples of other sports competing with rugby.

The "Vodafone" Warriors are in this same category.

4g6umd.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
I like the idea of the 2008 Centenary jersey as a clash jersey.

It would certainly be distinguishable from the green/gold. The only issue I could see with it is that the ARLC is pushing for a less NSW/Qld-centric approach to the identity of RL in Australia. Mind you, for the VERY occasional clash (Ireland, Cook Islands, South Africa?) of which you would see once maybe every 5 years of so, it wouldn't exactly be a common thing.

mn_tibor

Juniors
I think its really hard for any kiwi sporting team other than the All Blacks to have any sort of identity so they keep trying to come up with new colours and nick names that will stick.

Names like All Whites (soccer) Black Caps (cricket) and Tall Blacks (basketball) are all examples of other sports competing with rugby.

The "Vodafone" Warriors are in this same category.

4g6umd.jpg

To be fair the top right one is a Twenty20 shirt and the bottom right was 14 years ago in a world cup. They have been predominately black for some time now.

TheWave

Juniors
Tsunami Sportswear Australia - Facebook page has photos of all the Cook Islands Rugby League training apparel and alternate players jersey for the world cup. Also has some good pics of the Philippines RL kit. Can someone please post up pics as I havent reached 20 posts as yet :D

kdalymc

Bench
They had several blue strips not just World Cup.
And the top one is a reverse of their current strip- no idea why they added gold. Stupid.

KiamaSaint

Coach
He is wearing a vest over the shirt so maybe they didn't put the team name on the vests.

Yeah I noticed that as well. You would think the photographer would look down the lens and say, "How bud, can you take off your vest? And Kepler, go to your left a bit, we can see you dodgy pants".

Status
Not open for further replies.