What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we are all forgetting the greatest Australian jersey of all time.... :sarcasm:
eBayISAPI.dll

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200719703122

From memory that was the Emus' (the Australian team playing mid-week matches against club sides etc) jersey from the 1994 Kangaroo Tour wasn't it?

360900207_o.jpg

beave

Coach
When i seen the link i thought 'gotta be that white umbro piece of shit'.......... Scrolling down would prove me right!!!

I've never bought a kangaroos jerseys before, but seeing as the game is up here next weekend I will be getting one, seems to be 2 versions available, one cotton, one more of a players version (material slightly different).

^^ No, that particular jersey was worn during the build up to the 1992 World Cup final in the UK against Cumbria, Huddersfield and Sheffield.

In 1994 the Roo's jerseys were supplied by Canterbury - CCC and the Emu's wore that now iconic jersey with the yellow at the bottom.
australia-home-rugby-shirt-1994-s_1213_1_500x400.jpg

LineBall

Juniors
how about this for an emus jersey??

oi45.tinypic.com/20ud1km.jpg

Good effort there mate.

As an aside, why do the emus need to wear a different jersey to the Kangaroos?

Back on the old tours, even the 82 and 86 tours, the teams would run out in the same jersey whether they were playing a test match or against a club team like Leeds or Wigan.

I think it cheapens the match for the other side if they have to play against an Australian team that is deemed "lesser" and not wearing the Kangaroo jersey.

LESStar58

Referee
From memory that was the Emus' (the Australian team playing mid-week matches against club sides etc) jersey from the 1994 Kangaroo Tour wasn't it?

360900207_o.jpg

I got one of these off eBay years ago. Wore it to a kangaroos in-store in 2006. Locy and Peterson's eyes popped out of their heads when they saw it.

LESStar58

Referee
^^ No, that particular jersey was worn during the build up to the 1992 World Cup final in the UK against Cumbria, Huddersfield and Sheffield.

In 1994 the Roo's jerseys were supplied by Canterbury - CCC and the Emu's wore that now iconic jersey with the yellow at the bottom.
australia-home-rugby-shirt-1994-s_1213_1_500x400.jpg

So keen to get my hands on this one! I have the training jersey (two tone striped green with XXXX.chest sponsorship and Cathay Pacific sleeve sponsorship.

expansionist

Juniors
Actually it was designed in the 1920's. It should stay the same as it did when it was first worn

It may have been designd in the 20's however it is important to note that it wasnt Australias first jersey design.

Also the original V strip had a white collar from memory.

Expansion

Juniors
Seems to me that gzerounian has some talent in creating jerseys. I liked 6/9 tigers jersey and that Aussie Emu's mock up is brilliant as well.

Lambretta

First Grade
nqzdz6.jpg

The Tigers jersey left and right in this image is great
Tigers should go for a design such as this as one of their jerseys

innsaneink

Referee
Good effort there mate.

As an aside, why do the emus need to wear a different jersey to the Kangaroos?

Back on the old tours, even the 82 and 86 tours, the teams would run out in the same jersey whether they were playing a test match or against a club team like Leeds or Wigan.

I think it cheapens the match for the other side if they have to play against an Australian team that is deemed "lesser" and not wearing the Kangaroo jersey.
A game against a club side was a lesser affair than a test against the national team.

sheepbender

Juniors
Heres what Leeds is selling to the fans to commemorate their Grand Final win... Hope it doesnt catch on...

1340.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts