What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As far as I know, the Storm can change for next year. I hope common sense prevails and they go with something a bit classier.

For example:

Untitled-1.jpg
I like it. Probably because it looks in part like a Bulldogs jersey with a purple underside. lol

But purple is their strongest asset. No other top flight team in the eastern states uses it. I was originally against the move in 2010 but am now a big fan of it.

True, but in a similar vein, few clubs use Silver either. Only the Cowboys have ever really cottoned onto it tbh.

Expansion

Juniors
As far as I know, the Storm can change for next year. I hope common sense prevails and they go with something a bit classier.

I'm a huge fan of your designs GAZF and have been for many years but this is one of the poorer designs I have seen come from you, sorry but had to be said.

Although they did wear 7 different ones between R1 and the GF... 8 if you count the white heritage trial strip lol

They did? I don't remember that going on. The next time you have 'nothing better to do' could you list or show each of the Storm jerseys they have used this year. You can leave out the home and away jerseys. Like your list up the top.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There's a good reason no one else uses it! The heritage Storm jersey is my fave by a long shot. Lose the yellow collar and change the white to silver would look great imo.

melbourne%20storm%20heritage%20jersey%202012.jpg

gzerounian

Juniors
Here is a possible storm one I did and a broncos one for the 25th year.

Someone please post this for all to see

oi46.tinypic.com/hs75o4.jpg

oi50.tinypic.com/5cj86t.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
They did? I don't remember that going on. The next time you have 'nothing better to do' could you list or show each of the Storm jerseys they have used this year. You can leave out the home and away jerseys. Like your list up the top.

• 2 heritage (navy, white)
  • indigenous
  • "battle" jersey
  • Dark Knight

Here is a possible storm one I did and a broncos one for the 25th year.

Someone please post this for all to see

hs75o4.jpg

5cj86t.jpg

4 posts to go.

Hey Gaz, would you make mock superleague kits for ARL clubs? Like Manly or Roosters ? lol

Too soon.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Why can't one of the jersey manufacturers sign up this gaz f bloke

All his designs are fantastic, and much better than the rubbish out there on the field

LESStar58

Referee

For example:

Untitled-1.jpg

Was watching highlights of the 2000 WCC and the 70-10 arse f**king Storm gave the Dragons at the MCG. Loved that silver collared jersey with lightning bolts. They had a similar design in 2010 that I don't think everade it for retail sale in light of salary cap scandal.

Surely Storm will do another WCC jersey next year. A.design like this would be a candidate for sure! Nice work!

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Why can't one of the jersey manufacturers sign up this gaz f bloke

because they're all laughing at the fact us fans will buy their shithouse jersey designs and they're taking the piss seeing how far they can take it. that leeds premiers one will hopefully be where the buck stops....

Frenzy.

Post Whore
The current Sharks hooped jersey is phuqued as well. I hate how the hoops can't go all the way around due to the desire to have the super stretchy shyte as the side panels

The half hooped jersey. Looks incomplete. Horrid

Heritage_0020_Jersey_0020_2012.jpg

The best Sharks jersey is the 1967 version of the black and white Vs

This one. Just modernise it and it's the peach

1967%20the%20sun%20team%20card%20201205300002.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
Leave out H&A jerseys? :lol: Lets drive a car, and leave out the accelerator and brake, eh?

Home
Away
Heritage (navy, R5)
Heritage (white, trials)
Battle
Batman
Indigenous

If you wanna get picky, an eighth in the shape of an altered away strip for the Warriors game with Shane Warne Foundation on the front...

The current Sharks hooped jersey is phuqued as well. I hate how the hoops can't go all the way around due to the desire to have the super stretchy shyte as the side panels

Yeah that's been bug of mine too. St George butchered their heritage jersey this year too with the side panels.
dragonheritage.jpg

But interestingly Canterbury were able to produce modern jerseys for the dogs without the side panels. And it looked so much better.

imagehandler.ashx

GAZF

First Grade

I don't get why they can't just sublimate the side panels, cost cutting I guess.

The best Sharks jersey is the 1967 version of the black and white Vs

This one. Just modernise it and it's the peach

1967%20the%20sun%20team%20card%20201205300002.jpg

Never seen those socks before, will have to include them when I next do a heritage design. I prefer the Sharks with less white though.

Love the design of this but think the purple is too light, should be a tad darker.

Will fiddle around with the colour later, the blue/silver looks a bit dim on second look.

Yeah that's been bug of mine too. St George butchered their heritage jersey this year too with the side panels.
dragonheritage.jpg

But interestingly Canterbury were able to produce modern jerseys for the dogs without the side panels. And it looked so much better.

imagehandler.ashx

The St. George jersey is awful, the original never had so much red and the side panels make it worse. Add Souths to the pile as well. Dogs did manage to get the stripes to wrap around the whole way, however they forgot to put anything on the sleeves and to leeve out unnecessary piping.

Timmah

Staff member
The thing I think people miss is that these are modern interpretations of old jerseys, they're not designed to be replicas.

I like that there's an edgy new look to an old favourite - and judging by sales of these types of jerseys, so do a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts