What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

flippikat

Bench
The sash one will in all likelihood stay, seeing as it wasn't worn in first grade this year (only in trials).

I'd love the NRL to force them into one red & green jersey and make the white one the clash one... having the same jersey with different panelling/shorts is ludicrous.

Exactly.

I'm all for tradition in home jerseys - away strips should be where a club does something modern & daring with their colours.

The current situation with Souths jerseys is crazy.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Only a season after changing the away strip to match?

Doubt it tbh.

_Johnsy

Referee
Whoever designed it should be forced to wear it everywhere he goes to remind him of his failure.

Same with the Broncs shocking banana impersonation.

00016470-image.jpg

Absolute disgrace.

Timmah

Staff member
I reckon that jersey would be fantastic with maroon shorts instead of yellow...

Timmah

Staff member
Attachment - What the Broncos away strip would look like with maroon shorts.

Paint ftw

Attachments

• BroncosMaroonShorts.jpg
    BroncosMaroonShorts.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 45

Perth Red

Post Whore
Too similiar, if the "home" kit is going to clash then the away one nees to be totally different colours imo. They shouldn't be home and away anyways, they should be regular and alternate and only change from the regular if there is a kit clash. On heritage, one charity allowed during the yar and that's it.

Diesel

Referee
Any word if the ACB rip off for an NRL badge is legit or not?

Also are any of the NRL clubs changing their logos other than the Broncos for 25 years?

Timmah

Staff member
Posted a mock-up a few posts back some11 - see above

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Too similiar, if the "home" kit is going to clash then the away one nees to be totally different colours imo. They shouldn't be home and away anyways, they should be regular and alternate and only change from the regular if there is a kit clash. On heritage, one charity allowed during the yar and that's it.

Agree 100%.

Dragons should do:

Home - Red V

Alternate/clash - Steelers strip

Heritage - Butchers Stripes

Charity - Pink V

And NOTHING else.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Dragons should return to hooped socks and two stripes down the side of the shorts. Would look awesome.

Home and away jerseys are fine.

Red socks with two white hoops at the top with the Steelers strip, and you're on the money.

The sash one will in all likelihood stay, seeing as it wasn't worn in first grade this year (only in trials).

I'd love the NRL to force them into one red & green jersey and make the white one the clash one... having the same jersey with different panelling/shorts is ludicrous.

Well, Timmy boy, you do support a team that whored themselves to News Ltd, so I'm not surprised you think this way. Personally I like what Souffs have done with their jerseys. It's their jersey, and has been for over a century, and they should be free to wear it whenever they bloody well want. And they don't clash with Canberra. Myrtle =/= lime green.

BDR

First Grade
I'm so glad Kappa aren't involved in Rugby League, they make f**king awful kits. They do some Union sides in France

Before:
PDR007048308.jpg

After:
Aviron-Bayonnais-Rugby-Shirt-2012.jpg

They're doing some A-League kits this year and they're just so f**king awful. They plaster their huge hideous logo all over (it's a silhouette of two naked women sitting back to back). Still maintain Canterbury make the best jerseys btw.

BDR

First Grade
Borussia Dortmund (German football side)

2011-12 with Kappa:
11-12_Borussia_Dortmund_FC_Home_Customized_Soccer_Jersey_Football_Shirt_%252526_Short_Kit.jpg
Borussia%2BDortmund%2BAway%2B2011-12.png

2012-13 when a proper designer got hold of it:
Dortmund_5F00_1213_5F00_Kit1.jpg

Dortmund_5F00_1213_5F00_Kit2.jpg

Tom Shines

First Grade
I'm so glad Kappa aren't involved in Rugby League, they make f**king awful kits. They do some Union sides in France

Before:
PDR007048308.jpg

After:
Aviron-Bayonnais-Rugby-Shirt-2012.jpg

They're doing some A-League kits this year and they're just so f**king awful. They plaster their huge hideous logo all over (it's a silhouette of two naked women sitting back to back). Still maintain Canterbury make the best jerseys btw.

Well no, it's a silhouette of a man and a woman.

And how isn't that Kappa jersey a million times better than the one it replaced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts