What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAZF

First Grade
I've never understood the navy/deep blue on the Titans' current strip.

Especially since they have had such a unique shade of blue in the past. The two blues comes across as NSW colours. The pacific blue and gold says Gold Coast to me much more than navy. Having said that, I'm not against them using navy in place of black in the logo and used sparingly as an accent colour. They can also go to town on their other merch with navy.

NRL-GCT-00-300x205.gif

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I've never understood the navy/deep blue on the Titans' current strip.
Dark blue, light blue and yellow have been the jersey colors since the first game.

I don't think it's coincidence that the two blues get more coverage on the jersey since the creation of the Suns and their red/yellow singlets.

docbrown

Coach
I don't see why they need that dark navy blue. The grading looks shocking.

They should go with sky blue and yellow sand and that's it.

GAZF

First Grade
The other thing is that NQ has navy in their colours. It would be like a second Brisbane team using maroon.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Tan? Seriously?

The other thing is that NQ has navy in their colours. It would be like a second Brisbane team using maroon.

While they may be in the same state they aren't really in the same market. GC is competing with the Suns (red) and to the lesser extent the Broncos (maroon), Reds (red) and Lions (maroon).

Victoria is closer to the GC than Townsville is.

GAZF

First Grade
Tan? Seriously?

While they may be in the same state they aren't really in the same market. GC is competing with the Suns (red) and to the lesser extent the Broncos (maroon), Reds (red) and Lions (maroon).

Victoria is closer to the GC than Townsville is.

Distance aside, the Titans are still a Qld side and, like the Cowboys and Broncos, are marketed as a Qld side. When you're trying to win the hearts and minds of the public with your branding, you don't copy the competitor (see Brisbane II). Navy blue is also used by the Roosters and Storm (less so now). A brighter blue will stand out more amongst others and suits the Gold Coast better. That goes for tan as well; I'm now of the opinion that the Tits should move closer towards their original scheme with minimal tan/white. That is, use the unique blue as the Storm have with their purple.

Knightmare

Coach
Careful GAZF, there are a few people around here who don't consider the Titans to be a Qld team...

some11

Referee
They certainly don't feel like a QLD team the way the Broncos/Cowboys do.

I blame too much blue and Greg Bird.

GAZF

First Grade
Careful GAZF, there are a few people around here who don't consider the Titans to be a Qld team...

Those who think otherwise must forgive me for being so bold as to suggest that the Gold Coast is in Queensland!

Agree 100%.

Dragons should do:

Home - Red V

Alternate/clash - Steelers strip

Heritage - Butchers Stripes

Charity - Pink V

And NOTHING else.

I'd drop the Pink V and do something similar to our 2012 ANZAC Day jumper, put a pink ribbon under the Reebok logo like we did with the RSL logo. 3 jerseys is already enough.

And I'd like to see a different heritage jersey too.

Jason Maher

Immortal
The dark blue on the Titans jersey is not navy. Navy is a very dark blue, like what the Roosters wear, or Carlton in the AFL. Personally I like the two blues, and they are very different shades to the NSW two blues.

There definitely are too many teams with blue as their predominant colour - Tits, Dogs, Knights, Parra, Cowboys, Roosters, Melbourne, Cronulla. That's half the bloody competition.

Those who think otherwise must forgive me for being so bold as to suggest that the Gold Coast is in Queensland!

In reality, the Gold Coast forms a continuum with Tweed Heads. The Titans from the beginning have promoted themselves as representing the NSW Far North Coast as well as the Gold Coast (basically from Coffs Harbour north).

Last edited:

parraparraparra

Juniors
The dark blue on the Titans jersey is not navy. Navy is a very dark blue, like what the Roosters wear, or Carlton in the AFL. Personally I like the two blues, and they are very different shades to the NSW two blues.

There definitely are too many teams with blue as their predominant colour - Tits, Dogs, Knights, Parra, Cowboys, Roosters, Melbourne, Cronulla. That's half the bloody competition.

In reality, the Gold Coast forms a continuum with Tweed Heads. The Titans from the beginning have promoted themselves as representing the NSW Far North Coast as well as the Gold Coast (basically from Coffs Harbour north).

That strategy fails, they need to be a QUEENSLAND team. They will never be bigger than Broncos or Cows otherwise.

GAZF

First Grade

Yes, the shades are different from NSW but the two blues still come off as NSW colours. You're technically right by saying that the Tits don't wear navy, with the lower blue saturation and higher green its probably closer to prussian blue. Either way, its pretty close to navy.

Blue just happens to be usable in many shades/hues. How I'd have it

Navy Blue
Cowboys
Roosters
Storm (secondary)

Royal Blue
Bulldogs
Eels (prefer them in gold jumpers as a primary)
Knights

Sky Blue
Sharks

Pacific Blue/Azure (Falls in between sky and royal blue)
Titans

The Sharks and Titans wouldn't be confused with other teams.

From a brand perspective they are a Qld team, they are located in Qld. They just happen to engage part of NSW, just like the Raiders do with parts of NSW from the ACT.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Looking forward to seeing what the West Coast Pirates SG Ball side run out in next season. Should give us a clue as to what the NRL club will eventually wear. If we ever get a fricking team that is!

I'm tipping either a black jersey with red and gold or a red jersey with black and gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts