What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 ladder

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Haven't read any part of the thread except the original post by parraeels. He's got Panthers dead last and Melbourne, Souffs, Manly in the top 3. I think we've got the modern day Nostradamus posting on this forum.

StormHi

Juniors
Manly for mind are looking extremely dangerous with alot of room to improve still. (They also have that brilliant combination of youth and experience going for them atm) I reckon we will see them in the finals this year

The Wabbits look like they are running in top gear already without much room to improve except in Defence (they don't seem to think its a problem however)

I love the storm but they look tired lots of room to improve paticulary Defence wise but not sure if they got the legs for it paticulary with a pretty draining SOO period comming up.

Dark horse for me is the Roosters started a tad slow with their combinations taking time to gel but gee have been looking great as of late. The scary thing about the roosters is only about 60% of their roster is firing atm and they have stars who are still struggling to find form. And if they do watch out.

At this early stage form is pretty meaningless in gauging who will be there in the GF but if I had to pick I would say Manly Roosters.

Apey

Staff member
1. Storm
2. Bulldogs
3. Cowboys
4. Souths
5. Sharks
6. Manly
7. Knights
8. Raiders
9. Broncos
10. Tigers
11. Titans
12. Eels
13. Dragons
14. Warriors
15. Roosters
16. Panthers

I look forward to revisiting this in August - September next year. :lol:

I think I must have done this before I realised Roosters had been out on the market :lol:

Still... 7/8 of the current top 8 with 6 rounds to go is better than usual.

the dude

Juniors
I never get close to getting this right been conservative so i'm gonna go with some gut feelings.

1. Souths (Building on their great 2012)
2. Roosters (I really like their 2013 roster and new coach)
3. Storm (Business as usual)
4. Sharks (If Gordon produces his best the sharks will fire)
5. Knights (Tough, experienced pack with game breaking backs)
6. Bulldogs (Another great year just without the same consistency)
7. Manly (See them dipping slightly but always a threat)
8. Cowboys (Probably will finish higher, quality side)
9. Canberra (Their odd year, but i rate their side)
10. Tigers (See them on the slide big time, terrible roster changes the last 2 years)
11. Titans (Good pack, not much else gonig for them)
12. Warriors (Matthew Elliott - potential disaster)
13. Broncos (Think their 2012 latter half form will continue)
14. Eels (Unless Hayne 09 returns their roster is pretty shit)
15. Dragons (Steve Price first coached sacked in 2013 - things aren't well @ Kogarah)
16. Penrith (Roster is shit. See if Gould can give Cleary something to work with in 2014)

Damn, not bad.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I remember the last time Souffs won the minor premiership...

Oh wait no I don't
I do, they bowed out of the finals with 2 straight losses. It was when they were found to have had a heap of players using illegal substances.

They won 2 of 22 games the year after.

Raider_69

Post Whore
RABK has had a pretty good crack there, dont recon too many would be that close, sure as shit i would have been way off if i could find my predictions

BunniesMan

Immortal
One key mistake a lot of people make in this is always underestimating the amount of top 8 turnover. It's very rare to find less than 3 new top 8 teams from the year before. Despite all the criticism I get for being wrong so often my 2012 ladder predictions were pretty good. Lets see how I go this time:

1. Melbourne
- they showed they're good enough this year and will be hungry to do the one thing they've failed to in this era. Back to back grand final wins.
2. South Sydney - with our rookie coach and halfback getting another year of experience under their belt all signs point to another top 4 season.
3. Gold Coast - every year there is at least one big riser and I feel Gold Coast will be the team that goes up in 2013.
4. Canterbury - all the pieces are in place for another top 4 year
5. Newcastle - surely a team coached by Supercoach won't have another shit year
6. Easts - with the added class in Maloney and SBW they'll head north. they won't be as good as most of their fans think they will be but they'll be better than 2012
7. Manly - salary cap to start playing a role. They've lost one important player plus a lot of depth. They'll slip a little but still be top 8 and continue the longest active streak of finals appearances
8. North Queensland - important players starting to age, will be fighting to slip into the 8

9. Cronulla - to a degree I felt they overachieved this year. I don't think their squad is balanced. A lot of talent in the forwards but not much in the backs. Won't score enough points against good teams.
10. Brisbane - they're in a rebuilding stage. Don't have enough in the spine
11. Canberra - I feel the second half of their year was a mirage. The first half was a better indication of where they are at
12. St George - ordinary coach. Their squad is ageing and they haven't rebuilt quickly enough.
13. Parramatta - I still think they have arguably the worst squad in the comp. Very little talent. Question marks at the key postions of #6, #7 and #9. I don't rate Ricky.
14. Penrith - lost more talent than they've gained. The only thing between them and the spoon is the two basketcases below them
15. New Zealand - crap coach. Lots of talent but talent isn't much good if it can't be bothered to show up more often than not. I pick them to be in an intense fight with Wests for the spoon.
16. Wests - another basketcase at the moment. A less talented version of the Warriors.
I'm not one to usually toot my own horn but this is a pretty good effort. Besides Gold Coast not much else is dramatically wrong.

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
I'm not one to usually toot my own horn but this is a pretty good effort. Besides Gold Coast not much else is dramatically wrong.

How about Raiders and Sharks? Pretty far off on those. Oh and while we're at it North Queensland are nowhere near the top 8.

BunniesMan

Immortal
How about Raiders and Sharks? Pretty far off on those. Oh and while we're at it North Queensland are nowhere near the top 8.
Sharks are 6th, so I don't think 9th is that bad. And the Raiders are two wins away from where I had them.

But yes I did miss my cowboys prediction. That is a fair way off.

Someone

Bench
1. Bulldogs - Will improve with the experience they got from 2012. Hasler will have them motivated, and if anyone can get the best out of tony Williams its Des.

2. Souths - Have the right style and a strong side all over the park. Edging closer to a GF appearance. Inglis is the key man.

3. Storm - Not sure they will be as motivated as others, going back to back is a massive challenge. Bellamy needs to keep his troops motivated and they will again be vulnerable during origin. Finch could ease the pressure.

4. Knights - Wayne Bennett. Good recruitment. If Gidley stays fit, Knights push for top 4 spot.

5. Sharks - Will have a similar year to 2012. Better recruitment should equal more wins. Could push for top 4 spot if they stay fit and motivated. Back end of 2012 was poor. This must be rectified.

6. Manly - Still a strong side, However Toovey isn't Des. I suspect Manly are on the slide down in the next few years to come.

7. Roosters - Maloney and SBW will spark a roosters revival but will it be enough to make the 8? I think they will be better than most teams come the right time of the year, and if they can play to their potential they could finish higher.

8. Cowboys - I predict a disappointing year for the cowboys, mainly because, well someone has to disappoint. If Thurstons future isnt sorted soon it could serve as a distraction. Are a top four side, can Neil Henry get them there?

9. Raiders- Dont see them breaking the habit of reaching finals/missing finals routine. If good enough a spot in the 8 is there. Is Campese up to it? Good young side.

10. Broncos- I think the broncos are sliding and there mind might be closer to 2014 then 2013. Dont see them challenging for the title. Anthony Griffins status as a successful coach will be tested. No major star players.

11. Panthers - Good recuitment. All the right recipe for a successful season. Dont see them executing it though. on the way up none the less.

12. Titans - Were good enough if they wanted in 2012 but faded in the latter rounds. Shows a motivation and attitude issue. Dont see massive improvements but could surprise a few if things go their way.

13. Eels - Sticky will have them well drilled, but still a below average squad compared to the rest of the comp. another side looking at 2014 more than 2013. Wont challenge for title, doubt they will be spoons 2 years in a row. Sticky wont allow it.

14. Dragons - St George are set for a shocker. Lost heaps of experience in Young and Hornby and recruitment was questionable. Steve Price could be the first coach sacked in 2013.

15. Warriors - Player revolt against the new coach, all things point to the bottom. have the talent if good enough and pushed, but this year could be a rebuilding year. Will be challenging to avoid the spoon.

16. Tigers - The club is in disarray. The players they have left wont be good enough for the 8. Motivation will be hard to come by for the players, particularly Benji. Will be favorites for the spoon just one year after they were favorites for the title. Massive fall from grace.

i feel in a way i got a fair few right. All the ones in bold i feel i was right somewhere. Cowboys being the disapointment of the year was spot on and even that was when i thought theyd finish on the edge.

Thought Eels would finish abit higher, also made the comment that stuart wouldnt allow a second spoon. i guess i have to eat my words.

Latest posts