What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 ladder

BunniesMan

Immortal
One key mistake a lot of people make in this is always underestimating the amount of top 8 turnover. It's very rare to find less than 3 new top 8 teams from the year before. Despite all the criticism I get for being wrong so often my 2012 ladder predictions were pretty good. Lets see how I go this time:

1. Melbourne
- they showed they're good enough this year and will be hungry to do the one thing they've failed to in this era. Back to back grand final wins.
2. South Sydney - with our rookie coach and halfback getting another year of experience under their belt all signs point to another top 4 season.
3. Gold Coast - every year there is at least one big riser and I feel Gold Coast will be the team that goes up in 2013.
4. Canterbury - all the pieces are in place for another top 4 year
5. Newcastle - surely a team coached by Supercoach won't have another shit year
6. Easts - with the added class in Maloney and SBW they'll head north. they won't be as good as most of their fans think they will be but they'll be better than 2012
7. Manly - salary cap to start playing a role. They've lost one important player plus a lot of depth. They'll slip a little but still be top 8 and continue the longest active streak of finals appearances
8. North Queensland - important players starting to age, will be fighting to slip into the 8

9. Cronulla - to a degree I felt they overachieved this year. I don't think their squad is balanced. A lot of talent in the forwards but not much in the backs. Won't score enough points against good teams.
10. Brisbane - they're in a rebuilding stage. Don't have enough in the spine
11. Canberra - I feel the second half of their year was a mirage. The first half was a better indication of where they are at
12. St George - ordinary coach. Their squad is ageing and they haven't rebuilt quickly enough.
13. Parramatta - I still think they have arguably the worst squad in the comp. Very little talent. Question marks at the key postions of #6, #7 and #9. I don't rate Ricky.
14. Penrith - lost more talent than they've gained. The only thing between them and the spoon is the two basketcases below them
15. New Zealand - crap coach. Lots of talent but talent isn't much good if it can't be bothered to show up more often than not. I pick them to be in an intense fight with Wests for the spoon.
16. Wests - another basketcase at the moment. A less talented version of the Warriors.

Last edited:

Shire Panther

Juniors
1) Melbourne
2) Nth Qld
3) Souths
4) Canterbury
5) Canberra
6) Newcastle
7) Brisbane
8) Cronulla
9) Manly
10) Gold Coast
11) Penrith
12) Sydney
13) NZ
14) St Geo Illa
15) Parramatta
16) Wests

GF - Melbourne v Nth Qld

Premiers - Melbourne

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Newcastle will make the finals and Canberra will continue their play finals one year, miss them the next record. As for the actual ladder I'm not even going to try :lol:

Fire

First Grade
One key mistake a lot of people make in this is always underestimating the amount of top 8 turnover. It's very rare to find less than 3 new top 8 teams from the year before. Despite all the criticism I get for being wrong so often my 2012 ladder predictions were pretty good. Lets see how I go this time:

1. Melbourne
- they showed they're good enough this year and will be hungry to do the one thing they've failed to in this era. Back to back grand final wins.
2. South Sydney - with our rookie coach and halfback getting another year of experience under their belt all signs point to another top 4 season.
3. Gold Coast - every year there is at least one big riser and I feel Gold Coast will be the team that goes up in 2013.
4. Canterbury - all the pieces are in place for another top 4 year
5. Newcastle - surely a team coached by Supercoach won't have another shit year
6. Easts - with the added class in Maloney and SBW they'll head north. they won't be as good as most of their fans think they will be but they'll be better than 2012
7. Manly - salary cap to start playing a role. They've lost one important player plus a lot of depth. They'll slip a little but still be top 8 and continue the longest active streak of finals appearances
8. North Queensland - important players starting to age, will be fighting to slip into the 8

9. Cronulla - to a degree I felt they overachieved this year. I don't think their squad is balanced. A lot of talent in the forwards but not much in the backs. Won't score enough points against good teams.
10. Brisbane - they're in a rebuilding stage. Don't have enough in the spine
11. Canberra - I feel the second half of their year was a mirage. The first half was a better indication of where they are at
12. St George - ordinary coach. Their squad is ageing and they haven't rebuilt quickly enough.
13. Parramatta - I still think they have arguably the worst squad in the comp. Very little talent. Question marks at the key postions of #6, #7 and #9. I don't rate Ricky.
14. Penrith - lost more talent than they've gained. The only thing between them and the spoon is the two basketcases below them
15. New Zealand - crap coach. Lots of talent but talent isn't much good if it can't be bothered to show up more often than not. I pick them to be in an intense fight with Wests for the spoon.
16. Wests - another basketcase at the moment. A less talented version of the Warriors.

LOL@0/5(c)uff$!

Fire

First Grade
1. Dragons

15. Rabbitohs
16. Sharks

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member

All signs point to the Tigers having a good season then. Just need moffo to rubbish them to confirm an appearance until at least week 3 of the finals.

Booking tickets now...

1. Storm
2. Bulldogs
3. Sea Eagles
4. Cowboys
5. Sharks
6. Tigers
7. Raiders
8. Knights
9. Rabbitohs
10. Broncos
11. Roosters
12. Warriors
13. Titans
14. Dragons
15. Panthers
16. Eels

BranVan3000

Coach
1. Souths
2. Souths
3. Souths
4. Souths
5. Souths
6. Souths
7. Souths
8. Souths
9. Eels
10. Dragons
11. Knoughts
12. Tigers
13. Warriors
14. Titans
15. Manly
16. Roosters

BunniesMan

Immortal
Do you agree Carney didnt do much this year on the field?
He wasn't outstanding most of the year but he stayed out of trouble.

Doing that 2 years in a row has proven challenging for him.

And I didn't pick youse 9th because of him. I just feel it's an imbalanced roster. I think too much of your cap is in your forwards and not enough in the backs. The guys that wear from #1 to #5 for you aren't super impressive. I think you'll win a decent number of games but will struggle to score a winning number of tries against good teams.

FWIW it was a toss up for 8th and 9th between NQLD and you. Not much in it IMO. I think you guys won't be either top 6 or bottom 6.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
1. Bulldogs
2. Sharks
3. Storm
4. Sea Eagles
5. Rabbitohs
6. Knights
7. Dragons
8. Cowboys
9. Panthers
10. Raiders
11. Warriors
12. Eels
13. Broncos
14. Titans
15. Tigers
16. Roosters

azza29

Juniors
Top 8:
Storm
Cowboys
Sea Eagles
Rabbitohs
Bulldogs
Raiders
Sharks
Titans

GF: Storm v Cowboys, Storm by golden point.

Valheru

Coach
1. Storm
2. Cowboys
3. Manly
4. Newcastle
5. Roosters
6. Broncos
7. Penrith
8. Titans
9. Wests
10. St George