What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 ladder

hardbaby

Coach
1. Storm - Still the best team in the competition. By far the most consistent team in the NRL and will feature at the top.
Yep
2. Cowboys - Have a brilliant team that is also fairly consistent.
About time they stand up
3. Knights - Love the signing of Jeremy Smith, improved a lot over the last couple of weeks that should translate into the next year.
Really. With Tinkler not paying his bills and old man Bennett teaching a conservative game plan in an era of attack. No way.
4. Tigers - Maybe bias, but getting rid of stale Sheens could do wonders for a fairly talented squad.
Piss weak forward pack, no spark in the outside backs (although Tedesco is insane) and a club riven by internal discord. Yes you are biased.
5. Sea Eagles - Getting rid of the plodder Tony Williams and still have a great spine. Lost some good depth and I still question Toovey's credentials.
Couple of injuries (they are prone) and they are farked.
6. Warriors - I think that Elliot can work well with the Warriors squad, they already have flair and he can instill in them other fundamentals.
Who knows with this team?
7. Bulldogs - Gameplan will be exposed this year, I see them sliding dramatically. Plus grand final losers always underachieve these days.
Finals for sure. Great side and Hasler will rip Williams into line tout suite. Premiership beckons.
8. Titans - They will sneak in but collapse late in the season. Expect a bounce back year from them after a unspectacular 2012.
Yep, maybe. Depends on Prince.
9. Panthers - I like what they did to their team. They have a team that will play hard for each other and have some young talent I like. They will be a great side in the future.
Surely they will be near the bottom of the ladder.
10. Rabbitohs - I'm just not a big fan of them. Played great last year but Adam Reynolds is the cog of the side and I expect him to struggle. I'm also thinking Greg Inglis may not be at his best.
Top 4. Great coach.
11. Sharks - Buying the myth known as Chris Heighington and playing him is a key to losing games. Carney hasn't strung two good years together and without him the Sharks are mediocre. You can have all the forwards in the world but Carney is clearly the driving force behind the Sharks.
Top 8 for sure.
12. Raiders - It's a odd year, they will miss the finals. Furner is a shit coach. Getting Campese is a bit overrated as I thought their halves this year were pretty good, Campese coming off knee surgery could struggle and probably won't get dropped.
Over-achieved this year. Should drop.
13. Eels - Any coach who isn't the joke that is Stephen Kearney is an improvement. Sticky will ruin Chris Sandow, but their defense will be much improved from last year.
The year after mate.
14. Broncos - Really I am not a fan of them at all. Seemed to overachieve this year, and I still believe Griffin is fairly overrated. Their spine is ordinary and their forwards won't be able to make up for it. A worse version of the Raiders/Sharks.
Huge call but yeah, possible.
15. Roosters - Haven't made any significant additions and squad itself is fairly ordinary compared to the rest of the NRL. I'm assuming they keep Pearce as well, getting rid of him will make them better than 15th IMO.
Big improvers.
16. Dragons - My tip for the spoon. Bad attack and bad defence. Steve Price's coaching ability seems to be lacking at the moment and I don't see much success for them in the future.
My team so I won't comment on your judgement.

The season will be fairly close though. Some of the teams I could barely separate at all and I love the impact of the salary cap on this competition. Every club has a reason to be excited. The groups of 4 are the range I believe each team will fall in.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
1. Dogs (addition of Tony + another year of Des and the return of Turner see them stronger)
2. Cowboys (gun squad coming into a year alot of stars off contract and want to make that big contract come)
3. Knights (addition of Jeremy and Beau Scott should help there main problem + return of Gidley)
4. Storm (hurt by a few big loses though will turn past duds around and continue to be a real threat)
5. Sharks (going to be a huge threat with the addition of Gordon, Lewis and heighington though a big blow in jeremy)
6. Titans (finally gonna click and will do some damage)
7. Roosters (this is based on sbw returning or if he goes down injured otherwise sure thing for th spoon)
8. Rabbitohs (see them going backwards a bit though will still make the 8)

9. Sea Eagles (starting to soften)
10. Panthers (big improvers and some great recruitments)
11. Warriors (hard to pick though think losing maloney will hurt johnson and overall the warriors)
12. Eels (will improve, though 2014 is the year they will start to be a bit better if hayne stays)
13. Raiders (hit and miss, if campese can be healthy with dugan alot better, i wont bank on it)
14. Broncos (losing some good players, gaining nothing, dont see them making the 8)
15. Tigers (ramble and likely to have a shocker in my opinion)
16. Dragons (cant see a good year for them)

natheel

Coach
1. Dogs (addition of Tony + another year of Des and the return of Turner see them stronger)
2. Cowboys (gun squad coming into a year alot of stars off contract and want to make that big contract come)
3. Knights (addition of Jeremy and Beau Scott should help there main problem + return of Gidley)
4. Storm (hurt by a few big loses though will turn past duds around and continue to be a real threat)
5. Sharks (going to be a huge threat with the addition of Gordon, Lewis and heighington though a big blow in jeremy)
6. Titans (finally gonna click and will do some damage)
7. Roosters (this is based on sbw returning or if he goes down injured otherwise sure thing for th spoon)
8. Rabbitohs (see them going backwards a bit though will still make the 8)

9. Sea Eagles (starting to soften)
10. Panthers (big improvers and some great recruitments)
11. Warriors (hard to pick though think losing maloney will hurt johnson and overall the warriors)
12. Eels (will improve, though 2014 is the year they will start to be a bit better if hayne stays)
13. Raiders (hit and miss, if campese can be healthy with dugan alot better, i wont bank on it)
14. Broncos (losing some good players, gaining nothing, dont see them making the 8)
15. Tigers (ramble and likely to have a shocker in my opinion)
16. Dragons (cant see a good year for them)

Just on the bold..yes he is a very talented player no doubt but as a Parra fan its hard to see him pretty much have the ball on a string for 20 minutes then crawl into a hole for 20. His attitude needs an over haul if not Stuart will punt him....We have Will hoppa coming who is a very good player and can fit at the back plus he is younger than Hayne. Not saying i want Hayne gone i just want him to be consistent. This is his year off contract so i expect a huge year from him to try and get the $$$$

My ladder

1. Storm
2. Cowboys
3. Sharks
4. Souths
5. Bulldogs
6. Raiders
7. Manly
8. Knights
9. Titans
10. Eels
11. Broncos
12. Panthers
13. Tigers
14. Roosters
15. Warriors
16. Dragons

Dogs will probably fall a bit as the GF loss will hit them and teams will match them up but will run into the finals with confidence just missing the top 4.

Sharks will improve with their recruits esecially their forwards (great pack)

Warriors i can't see improving the players attitude towards Elliott in the media as them being shocked makes me worried they will under-perform...expect a massive cull of players for 2014

Eels will improve but 2014 will be our top 8 year

Titans have bought Taylor but he can be a dud if he tries fancy stuff and can clock off at times.

Raiders will feature in the 8 all year i think

My early tip for the premiership...Souths Maguire has really turned them around and if Reynolds didn't get injured against Dogs,...they had the dogs under the pump he was a massive loss for them

The_Team_Won

Juniors
1) Sharks
2) Storm
3) Dogs
4) Rabbitohs
5) Dragons
6) Knights
7) Broncos
8) Sea Eagles

9) Eels
10) Titans
11) Raiders
12) Warriors
13) Roosters
14) Cowboys
15) Tigers
16) Panthers

Grand Final - Sharks v Storm

Premiers - Sharks

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
1: Storm
2: Manly
3: Cowboys
4: Sharks
5: Raiders
6: Broncos
7: Rabbitohs
8: Titans
9: dragons
10: Knights
11: Bulldogs
12: Panthers
13: Roosters
14: eels
15: Warriors
16: Tigers

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Just on the bold..yes he is a very talented player no doubt but as a Parra fan its hard to see him pretty much have the ball on a string for 20 minutes then crawl into a hole for 20. His attitude needs an over haul if not Stuart will punt him....We have Will hoppa coming who is a very good player and can fit at the back plus he is younger than Hayne. Not saying i want Hayne gone i just want him to be consistent. This is his year off contract so i expect a huge year from him to try and get the $$$$

My ladder

1. Storm
2. Cowboys
3. Sharks
4. Souths
5. Bulldogs
6. Raiders
7. Manly
8. Knights
9. Titans
10. Eels
11. Broncos
12. Panthers
13. Tigers
14. Roosters
15. Warriors
16. Dragons

Dogs will probably fall a bit as the GF loss will hit them and teams will match them up but will run into the finals with confidence just missing the top 4.

Sharks will improve with their recruits esecially their forwards (great pack)

Warriors i can't see improving the players attitude towards Elliott in the media as them being shocked makes me worried they will under-perform...expect a massive cull of players for 2014

Eels will improve but 2014 will be our top 8 year

Titans have bought Taylor but he can be a dud if he tries fancy stuff and can clock off at times.

Raiders will feature in the 8 all year i think

My early tip for the premiership...Souths Maguire has really turned them around and if Reynolds didn't get injured against Dogs,...they had the dogs under the pump he was a massive loss for them

Fair call on Hayne. I think he will fire big time, i also think Hoppa will be good for you in 2014 and that will be the eels step forward year.

I don't see how the gf lose will hurt us, the feeling i get is we are building something very strong now. We have all the right pieces the only thing we lack is a gun halfback. In saying that as proven this year keating did the job with the rest of the team. Next years is even stronger with Tony Williams in the pack with some other monsters. Des has already gotten the best out of Tony thus far in his career and we have all seen what he's done to Inu, Pritchard and other people considered hot and cold. I think he will be unstopable next year, we saw what he did for Manly. Not knocking Manlys pack, though think about if Manly had Frank or Kas taking attention off Tony. Scary really.

Plus Turner coming back is a huge bonus. Wright was solid for us no doubt, though Turner is alot better and before injury he was playing some of his best footy.

Plus we all know how much Des loves the us against them frame of mind. I'm sure this will draw the boys closer and really push them harder.

On the Sharkies, I agree they are going to be good. I think Lewis and Jeremy Smith are a pretty fair trade despite difference of style. Heighington helps. Though their real pick up is Michael Gordon. They also added some other backs like Wright which gives them some speed and youth in the backs for a change.

Good season ahead for the Sharkies I reckon!

Don't see the Bunnies going better then this year.

Big Arty

Juniors
G'day fellas, long time no post, I'll have a go at this:

1. Bulldogs
2. Cowboys
3. Easts
4. Sharks
5. Storm
6. Souths
7. Broncos
8. Knights
9. Manly
10. Raiders
11. Titans
12. Panthers
13. Tigers
14. Eels
15. Warriors
16. Dragons

SuperiorEasts

Juniors
1. Roosters
MASSIVE improvers. Finally have a NRL standard 5/8 in James Maloney after 1.5 years without one. Best forward in the world SBW coming to make a statement. EXTREME depth in Oldfield, Maloney, Masoe. Anything other than first would be an underachivement for the Sydney Roosters #represent1908.

2. Storm
3. Cowboys
4. Manly
5. Raiders
6. Sharks
7. Titans
8. Knoughts

9. Broncos
10. Warriors
11. Panthers
12. Eels
13. Tigpies
14. St Merge
15. Chokedogs
16. Souffs

PinkPanther

Juniors
1. Roosters
MASSIVE improvers. Finally have a NRL standard 5/8 in James Maloney after 1.5 years without one. Best forward in the world SBW coming to make a statement. EXTREME depth in Oldfield, Maloney, Masoe. Anything other than first would be an underachivement for the Sydney Roosters #represent1908.

2. Storm
3. Cowboys
4. Manly
5. Raiders
6. Sharks
7. Titans
8. Knoughts

9. Broncos
10. Warriors
11. Panthers
12. Eels
13. Tigpies
14. St Merge
15. Chokedogs
16. Souffs
I hope you're trolling.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
16. Dragons - My tip for the spoon. Bad attack and bad defence. Steve Price's coaching ability seems to be lacking at the moment and I don't see much success for them in the future.

Where did you get this gem from? Dragons were equal 4th best in defence in 2012 behind the dogs, storm and manly. In attack they were woeful, but defensively they were pretty good all year and they still came 9th.

I think we've got a better squad for 2013, but no doubt Price is a pretty poor coach, so who knows where we'll end up. Price's biggest problem was he tried to follow a Bennett gameplan, which isn't even working for the Knights anymore... When we started playing some ad-lib footy at the end of the season, we actually looked pretty good. The biggest question is over who will make up the halves.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Even I didn't pick Souths to come first. SE picked his useless mob to come first.

He is an actual troll.

The Rosco

Bench
There is a show on the telly called RBT.
It deals with the coppers pulling over randoms and testing them for driving with booze or drugs in their system.

All sorts of drugs. Probably even the ones that killed River Phoenix.

After reading some of you guys' predictions . . . you should do your best not to stumble across one of them testing vans whenever behind the wheel. Just sayin . . . :lol:

Silent Knight

First Grade
There is a show on the telly called RBT.
It deals with the coppers pulling over randoms and testing them for driving with booze or drugs in their system.

All sorts of drugs. Probably even the ones that killed River Phoenix.

After reading some of you guys' predictions . . . you should do your best not to stumble across one of them testing vans whenever behind the wheel. Just sayin . . . :lol:

Well why don't you provide us with your ladder predictions oh enlightened one?

RABK

Referee
I never get close to getting this right been conservative so i'm gonna go with some gut feelings.

1. Souths (Building on their great 2012)
2. Roosters (I really like their 2013 roster and new coach)
3. Storm (Business as usual)
4. Sharks (If Gordon produces his best the sharks will fire)
5. Knights (Tough, experienced pack with game breaking backs)
6. Bulldogs (Another great year just without the same consistency)
7. Manly (See them dipping slightly but always a threat)
8. Cowboys (Probably will finish higher, quality side)
9. Canberra (Their odd year, but i rate their side)
10. Tigers (See them on the slide big time, terrible roster changes the last 2 years)
11. Titans (Good pack, not much else gonig for them)
12. Warriors (Matthew Elliott - potential disaster)
13. Broncos (Think their 2012 latter half form will continue)
14. Eels (Unless Hayne 09 returns their roster is pretty shit)
15. Dragons (Steve Price first coached sacked in 2013 - things aren't well @ Kogarah)
16. Penrith (Roster is shit. See if Gould can give Cleary something to work with in 2014)

Daza_06

Juniors
Now there has been a few changes to sides whats everyone's thoughts now?

There are 3 brackets from which any team could finish anywhere within it. The top 4 I have as finals definite (I use that term loosely being a prediction) and the bottom 5 the same. Positions 5-10 were easily the hardest to fill. Like every season there will be a nothing in it for the final top 8 positions.

Easts were originally on the border of my 8 but I am more and more convinced they will be in it. Im unsure if Penrith will be better for not having Jennings... Still bottom 4 though

1. Canterbury
2. Nth Queensland
3. Melbourne
4. Souths
-----------
5. Cronulla
6. Easts
7. Newcastle
8. New Zealand
9. Manly
10. Brisbane
11. Canberra
-----------
12. Gold Coast
13. Wests
14. St George
15. Parramatta
16. Penrith

captainwarrior

Juniors
Hard but worht a shot:

1. Dogs
2. Cowboys
3. Sharks
4. Storm
5. Souths
6. Roosters
7. Warriors
8. Knights
9. Manly
10. Raiders
11. Eels
12. Panthers
13. Broncos
14. Tigers
15. Titans
16. Dragons

The top 5 are certains, if the new Roosters players click then they will be certainties too. From 7-10 could finish everywhere, same from 11-16.

Springbokfly

Juniors
1.Storm
2.Bulldogs
3.Knights
4.Roosters
5.Sharks
6.Cowboys
7.Warriors
8.Manly
9.Souths
10.Eels
11.Tigers
12.Penrith
13.Brisbane
14.Dragons
15.Titans
16.Raiders

1. Melbourne
2. Brisbane
3. Canterbury
4. Canberra
5. North Qld
6. Cronulla
7. Souths
8. Manly
9. Balmain
10. Newcastle
11. St George
12. Parramatta
13. Auckland
14. Penrith
15. Gold Coast
16. Easts

Apey

Staff member
1. Storm
2. Bulldogs
3. Cowboys
4. Souths
5. Sharks
6. Manly
7. Knights
8. Raiders
9. Broncos
10. Tigers
11. Titans
12. Eels
13. Dragons
14. Warriors
15. Roosters
16. Panthers

I look forward to revisiting this in August - September next year. :lol:

Going to re-do this just before season kicks off I think for more lols...