What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 ladder

firechild

First Grade
And I didn't pick youse 9th because of him.

Didn't you claim to be some sort of intellectual heavyweight? You've just used the most deadshit, bogan word possible. A word that belongs in the Housos movie rather than in a sentence constructed by someone with any more than a kindergarten level education.

Ausguy

Coach
He wasn't outstanding most of the year but he stayed out of trouble.

Doing that 2 years in a row has proven challenging for him.

And I didn't pick youse 9th because of him. I just feel it's an imbalanced roster. I think too much of your cap is in your forwards and not enough in the backs. The guys that wear from #1 to #5 for you aren't super impressive. I think you'll win a decent number of games but will struggle to score a winning number of tries against good teams.

FWIW it was a toss up for 8th and 9th between NQLD and you. Not much in it IMO. I think you guys won't be either top 6 or bottom 6.

You're missing the point.

Im saying Carney didnt get us to where we got to this year IMO. If he imploded (which is a ridiculous 'prediction') it wouldnt have the impact you are probably giving it.

Ladmate

Bench
1. Storm - Still the best team in the competition. By far the most consistent team in the NRL and will feature at the top.
2. Cowboys - Have a brilliant team that is also fairly consistent.
3. Knights - Love the signing of Jeremy Smith, improved a lot over the last couple of weeks that should translate into the next year.
4. Tigers - Maybe bias, but getting rid of stale Sheens could do wonders for a fairly talented squad.

5. Sea Eagles - Getting rid of the plodder Tony Williams and still have a great spine. Lost some good depth and I still question Toovey's credentials.
6. Warriors - I think that Elliot can work well with the Warriors squad, they already have flair and he can instill in them other fundamentals.
7. Bulldogs - Gameplan will be exposed this year, I see them sliding dramatically. Plus grand final losers always underachieve these days.
8. Titans - They will sneak in but collapse late in the season. Expect a bounce back year from them after a unspectacular 2012.

9. Panthers - I like what they did to their team. They have a team that will play hard for each other and have some young talent I like. They will be a great side in the future.
10. Rabbitohs - I'm just not a big fan of them. Played great last year but Adam Reynolds is the cog of the side and I expect him to struggle. I'm also thinking Greg Inglis may not be at his best.
11. Sharks - Buying the myth known as Chris Heighington and playing him is a key to losing games. Carney hasn't strung two good years together and without him the Sharks are mediocre. You can have all the forwards in the world but Carney is clearly the driving force behind the Sharks.
12. Raiders - It's a odd year, they will miss the finals. Furner is a shit coach. Getting Campese is a bit overrated as I thought their halves this year were pretty good, Campese coming off knee surgery could struggle and probably won't get dropped.

13. Eels - Any coach who isn't the joke that is Stephen Kearney is an improvement. Sticky will ruin Chris Sandow, but their defense will be much improved from last year.
14. Broncos - Really I am not a fan of them at all. Seemed to overachieve this year, and I still believe Griffin is fairly overrated. Their spine is ordinary and their forwards won't be able to make up for it. A worse version of the Raiders/Sharks.
15. Roosters - Haven't made any significant additions and squad itself is fairly ordinary compared to the rest of the NRL. I'm assuming they keep Pearce as well, getting rid of him will make them better than 15th IMO.
16. Dragons - My tip for the spoon. Bad attack and bad defence. Steve Price's coaching ability seems to be lacking at the moment and I don't see much success for them in the future.

The season will be fairly close though. Some of the teams I could barely separate at all and I love the impact of the salary cap on this competition. Every club has a reason to be excited. The groups of 4 are the range I believe each team will fall in.

Last edited:

Ozzy

First Grade
1. Souths
2. Souths
3. Souths
4. Souths
5. Souths
6. Souths
7. Souths
8. Souths
9. Eels
10. Dragons
11. Knoughts
12. Tigers
13. Warriors
14. Titans
15. Manly
16. Roosters
:lol: Expect an off season from visit Mr Schubert.

NAS

Juniors
1) Souths- Look a better side next year than they did this year. An ominous look about them defensively with Teo and Lima adding to an already bruising pack. and remember, Inglis will have had a whole pre-season at fullback......scary thought.
2) Melbourne- don't know how anyone would ever back them not to make the 8 with the big 3. Curious to see what they do with Widdop and Finch.
3) Newcastle- needed some serious intimidation credentials. Went out. Bought Beau Scott, Jeremy Smith and David Faalogo, three of the most intimidating forwards of the last 10 years. Gidley's return shouldn't be underestimated.
4) Brisbane- Should bounce back after a relatively disappointing season. Sure they looked average towards the end, but they'll be better for the run.
5) Cronulla- Buying the back rowers they have suggests to me that they're looking to move Gallen into the front row full time. that's not necessarily a bad thing. Lewis will give Carney even more room to do his thing. Then there's the real coup. If Michael Gordon stays fit, they've got the fullback they've needed since the Peach left.
6) Roosters- I really like this side for next year. All they need is a little direction. Some classy young forwards and backs coming into their own. Maloney and Pearce compliment each other stylistically, and SBW is the x factor that will have other teams really struggling.
7) Canterbury- Canterbury's season will again rely heavily on keeping Michael Ennis fit. I'm not sure they needed Tony Williams, but I'm not going to question Des.
8) Manly- I think manly are coming to the end of a remarkable period of time at the top. They have the class in key position to be much higher, but I think that the forward pack is starting to age a little. Still whilst the Stewarts are there, shouldn't be written off.
9) North Qld- Why do I have them 9th? Well ultimately, the retirement of Payne, and the defection of Segeyaro to Penrith leaves them without a hooker. If they can get one (I'd be looking at young Baptiste from brisbane if I were them) of any remote quality, they'll jump about 9 spots up in my list. If Thurston goes down, they'll drop 6.
10) Titans- Very hard to leave them out, as I thought their end to the season was pretty good. But they have a number of key players now at that age (Bailey, Harrison, Prince). Taylor is not they player they needed in my book, although, I'm not sure I'd want he and Idris running at me at the same time. Young Sezar will be one to watch in 2013.
11) Penrith- Cleary is a mastercoach I reckon. And whilst letting Luke Lewis go may seem like the dumbest move ever, I'm inclined to think that it's a necessary one in order to change the culture of the place. Having said that, I don't think next year is their year. 2014 far more promising.
12) Warriors- This side could feasibly not only win the comp, but they could go onto be the dominant side over the next 5 years, such is the talent they have (Locke, Johnson, et al). But they need a strong arm. Matthew Elliott is best when he has smart players who get his game plan. NZ have 1 smart player. Nathan Friend. Won't end well I reckon.
13) Canberra- Canberra have one bad year, then a good year. This year they are due a bad year. Couple that with the fact that I think that their end of season run masked some really dreadful performances earlier on. that said, have some of the most exciting youngsters coming through.
14) Parramatta- Parramatta will improve in 2013. But they have to metamorphasise to become a top 8 side. If Hayne can stay fit, and Sandow can get fit, then all they need is a new dummy half, and they'll be a much improved side. Hindy's retirement is a loss. But if all the other forwards decide to put in, then they'll cover the great man adequately
15) St George- This team looks like it's rebuilding. And it needs to. It looks like a team divided, not knowing what it wants to do. the aging roster is in transition and they've not really recruited well either.
16) Wests Tigers- when the tigers lost Gareth Ellis, I thought to myself "they'll struggle without the work he does....but Heighington is capable of offsetting some of it, if he can get fit". then they lose Heighington. If rumours are true and Matt Parish becomes the head coach, consider this. Parish previously held one head coaching role. He coached the Salford City reds in the ESL. 6 games, 1 win before they mutually parted ways. Just sayin.

mongoose

Coach
1. Souths
2. Cowboys
3. Bulldogs
4. Storm
5. Sharks
6. Raiders
7. Knights
8. Broncos
9. Titans
10. Sea Eagles
11. Warriors
12. Eels
13. Tigers
14. Panthers
15. Roosters
16. Dragons

dogz08

First Grade
1. Storm
2. Bulldogs
3. Cowboys
4. Sharks
5. Rabbitohs
6. Sea Eagles
7. Roosters
8. Tigers
9. Warriors
10. Titans
11. Broncos
12. Dragons
13. Raiders
14. Knights
15. Panthers
16. Eels

Dogs Of War

Coach
1. Bulldogs
2. Storm
3. Warriors
4. Knights
5. Rabbitohs
6. Titans
7. Broncos
8. Sea Eagles
9. Cowboys
10. Roosters
11. Panthers
12. Raiders
13. Sharks
14. Eels
15. Tigers
16. Dragons

WaznTheGreat

Referee
1 Storm
2 Sharks
3 Cowboys
4 Raiders
5 Bulldogs
6 Knights
7 Panthers
8 Bunnies
9 Roosters
10 Dragons
11 Titans
12 Sea Eagles
13 Broncos
14 Eels
15 Warriors
16 Tigers

redvscotty

First Grade
I would say Warriors (issues with the coach), Eels (lol) or Tigers (in a mess) would all be shoe ins for the spoon.

Actually the more I think about it, the more I think it will be the Tigs or the Warriors. Stuart will do alright with the Slugs.

DIMEAST

Juniors
I would say Warriors (issues with the coach), Eels (lol) or Tigers (in a mess) would all be shoe ins for the spoon.

Actually the more I think about it, the more I think it will be the Tigs or the Warriors. Stuart will do alright with the Slugs.

Can't disagree here, but I gotta say the Dragons are looking likely. They're only gonna get worse from last year

Someone

Bench
1. Bulldogs - Will improve with the experience they got from 2012. Hasler will have them motivated, and if anyone can get the best out of tony Williams its Des.
2. Souths - Have the right style and a strong side all over the park. Edging closer to a GF appearance. Inglis is the key man.
3. Storm - Not sure they will be as motivated as others, going back to back is a massive challenge. Bellamy needs to keep his troops motivated and they will again be vulnerable during origin. Finch could ease the pressure.
4. Knights - Wayne Bennett. Good recruitment. If Gidley stays fit, Knights push for top 4 spot.
5. Sharks - Will have a similar year to 2012. Better recruitment should equal more wins. Could push for top 4 spot if they stay fit and motivated. Back end of 2012 was poor. This must be rectified.
6. Manly - Still a strong side, However Toovey isn't Des. I suspect Manly are on the slide down in the next few years to come.
7. Roosters - Maloney and SBW will spark a roosters revival but will it be enough to make the 8? I think they will be better than most teams come the right time of the year, and if they can play to their potential they could finish higher.
8. Cowboys - I predict a disappointing year for the cowboys, mainly because, well someone has to disappoint. If Thurstons future isnt sorted soon it could serve as a distraction. Are a top four side, can Neil Henry get them there?
9. Raiders- Dont see them breaking the habit of reaching finals/missing finals routine. If good enough a spot in the 8 is there. Is Campese up to it? Good young side.
10. Broncos- I think the broncos are sliding and there mind might be closer to 2014 then 2013. Dont see them challenging for the title. Anthony Griffins status as a successful coach will be tested. No major star players.
11. Panthers - Good recuitment. All the right recipe for a successful season. Dont see them executing it though. on the way up none the less.
12. Titans - Were good enough if they wanted in 2012 but faded in the latter rounds. Shows a motivation and attitude issue. Dont see massive improvements but could surprise a few if things go their way.
13. Eels - Sticky will have them well drilled, but still a below average squad compared to the rest of the comp. another side looking at 2014 more than 2013. Wont challenge for title, doubt they will be spoons 2 years in a row. Sticky wont allow it.
14. Dragons - St George are set for a shocker. Lost heaps of experience in Young and Hornby and recruitment was questionable. Steve Price could be the first coach sacked in 2013.
15. Warriors - Player revolt against the new coach, all things point to the bottom. have the talent if good enough and pushed, but this year could be a rebuilding year. Will be challenging to avoid the spoon.
16. Tigers - The club is in disarray. The players they have left wont be good enough for the 8. Motivation will be hard to come by for the players, particularly Benji. Will be favorites for the spoon just one year after they were favorites for the title. Massive fall from grace.

KiamaSaint

Coach
1.Rabbits
2. Storm
3. Cowboys
4. Bulldogs
5. Sharks
6. Knights
7. Raiders
8. Sea Eagles

9. Roosters
10. Broncos
11. Eels
12. Titans
13. Dragons
14. Panthers
15. Tigers
16. Warriors

Jobdog

Live Update Team
What I'll also say is that one of the two GF teams from the previous year have missed the finals the following year for the last couple, no?

WayneBennett

Juniors
1. Hunter Mariners
2 Newtown Jets
3 Sth Qld Crushers
4 Perth Reds
5 Adelaide Rams
6 Glebe
7 Auckland Warriors
8 Valleys Diehards
9 Wests Panthers
10 Balmain Tigers
11 Illawarra Steelers
12 St George
13 North Sydney Bears
14.Gold Coast Chargers
15 Combined Brisbane
16 SOUFFS

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I am wary of predictions this early but i will say i cant see the broncos in the finals.

Top 4 i would say is Bulldogs, Storm, Souths, Sharks in no particular order