What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

franklin2323

Immortal
Rumours are Blackhole gone. All Membership to have a decent price rise. I am stupid I will still be a member next season. Given our performance this year & virtually the same squad. I think many won't potential new members won't sign. Thoughts??

Big Mick

Referee
My thoughts are that memberships have been the same price for ages and there needs to be a rise based purely on inflation.

And while you say it is virtually the same squad, the additions we've made will make up a 3rd of our starting team...so I suggest it'll be a significant change.

murraymob

Coach
1. i would suggest the dumping of the black hole will resut in many more not re newing instead buying on game day instead

2.A price rise is not justified given the poor quality squads assembled for several years

3.What advantage is membership anymore .The emails members ones rarly arrive and when they do its late at night when he team is well known

i personally will have to have a long hard look to see if any thing is gained or its just easier to buy on the day

The OX

Juniors
Raising the price will be financial suicide for the club.

Finished in the bottom two, deliver very little for the $$$ in 2011 and 2012.

Mortgage stress in the area...

Be careful Panthers. Things may still seem rosy in the ivory towers, but for the average punters it is not.

franklin2323

Immortal
My thoughts are that memberships have been the same price for ages and there needs to be a rise based purely on inflation. And while you say it is virtually the same squad, the additions we've made will make up a 3rd of our starting team...so I suggest it'll be a significant change.

While nothing is confirmed. The figure I heard Terraces up to $300 from $240 now. So it's not a small increase given our form & the 'community' minded message being put out there. It's crazy

4 players in a squad of 30 odd is what happens over most off seasons. Certainly not the cleanout needed to excite casual fans.

Big Mick

Referee
We don't need a cleanout. We needed additional good pieces. Which we got.

And for the terraces...are you talking the grandstand?

I thought Grandstand Memberships were $300 already and GA/Blackhole was $180.

murraymob

Coach
if the lewis and mc kendry rumours are true then we are in no better position then before the new signings
the granstand tickets are currently 300 now and are never full increasing prices would keep it that way

franklin2323

Immortal
Like I said I am stupid I will there. Put your casual/passing fan hat on. The majority have done nothing in 4-5 years of 1st grade. The 4 additions are great but you see the same names that have failed in the past.

We have a regular fanbase of 5-8k these turn up week in week out. The teams form or the opposition fans are what builds this up. The form can be overlooked with cheaper prices. 2 finals appearance since we won the comp isn't enough to keep those casuals coming

Nah the middle few bays infront of the grandstands. 4,5, & where the blackhole is. Either side of the tunnel. The Grandstand was about $350. That was before the meeting last week that was cancelled. I assume at the fan forum this subject will come up

The OX

Juniors
The black hole should have been on half way eastern grandstand.

Ridiculous that it was not centred.

I like what Newcastle and Tinkler have done. Cheap tickets to get bums on seats.

FFS the had 16000+ there for their recent Monday night game.

We had 5000 there for the last home game. ( Flame away, I dont care what the official numbers were....the joint was a ghost town)

Get bums on seats and the place goes off.

Caged Panther

First Grade
We had 5000 there for the last home game. ( Flame away, I dont care what the official numbers were....the joint was a ghost town)

While there have been many a game this year where the place genuinely has been a ghost town the last home game agains the eels wasn't one of those games.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well with Michael Gordon and Luke Lewis gone, I think I'll be saving the money on season passes for next season regardless of whether they rise in price or change how the seating works. My 2 favorite players at the club both gone in the one season... losing Flash I could handle when we signed a few quality players in positions we needed to strengthen aswell as a decent player in Dean Whare to cover him.

But Luke Lewis plays in arguably our weakest position.... is easily among the best in the NRL in that position and has been great for our club for over a decade now. He loves the club (like Michael Gordon) and it's unforgivable for the club to have made it come to this.

Taking Luke Lewis out of the side leaves a huge hole in our second row for next season. He would offer more to the side then both Lewis Brown and Sika Manu combined IMO. Not that either of them are poor players... Luke Lewis is just that good.

I'll probably end up caving and buying a couple of passes again for next season. But it's pretty hard to justify that sort of money when your favorite players are leaving and every time it looks as though we could be headed in the right direction and strengthening our squad, we cop a huge hit and are arguably worse off.

ie. signing Lewis Brown was great. Then we get hit with the news that we lost Michael Gordon
we signed Dean Whare, Sika Manu and James Segayaro which makes that loss bearable, then we lose Luke Lewis and have taken another step backward.

Honestly the only way the club can go close to making up for this is by signing Johnathon Thurston for 2013. Even then I'll still be gutted, but atleast it would mean there's a silver lining to the loss. But it's hard to imagine he would come to the club... and with Luke Lewis wanting out anyone who was seriously considering coming here might be thinking twice before committing to the Panthers when a club legend like Luke Lewis wants out.

murraymob

Coach
there gong to need to announce a few signings to at least make it worhwhile as plum and achurch are rumoured to be gone alng with mc kendry being next on managements list .We have weak pack now how weak will it be next year

franklin2323

Immortal
Many others will do the same. Even in 2010 we had less fans then 03. So we lost some over the poor years. We will lose more. Atleast the line for the BBQ will be shorter.

age.s

First Grade
I'll be there. I haven't been able to go to many games this year due to money considerations. Probably going to switch to the western grandstand though, particularly if the Blackhole is gone.

Seriously though, why get rid of it? I've sat right behind them for years and they haven't crossed the line. They've been great for the atmosphere.

HankScorpio

Juniors
If there was a 3 game pass I'd probably take that, I haven't gotten to many games this year due to travel.

Raising the prices during this time is NOT the thing to do. Drop prices, fill the stands regularly and THEN raise the prices.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
As long as there is 17 guys running around Centrebet Stadium in Penrith jerseys i will be a Member.

No player is bigger than the Club.

franklin2323

Immortal
Seriously though, why get rid of it? I've sat right behind them for years and they haven't crossed the line. They've been great for the atmosphere.

Has it ever been full? I sit opposite it & it's only ever 1/2 full despite having a waiting list. They want that bay to be reserved. Although given the drop I am expected they would stupid to change it now.

darkbloom

Juniors
As long as there is 17 guys running around Centrebet Stadium in Penrith jerseys i will be a Member.

No player is bigger than the Club.

No player is bigger than the club but there are some personnel who are bigger than the club. Or believe they are the club.

age.s

First Grade
Has it ever been full? I sit opposite it & it's only ever 1/2 full despite having a waiting list. They want that bay to be reserved. Although given the drop I am expected they would stupid to change it now.

It's usually been closer to full than the rest of the stadium.

I guess if it's just a change in brand and they still want that bay to be the hardcore supporters area that's a bit different. Still doesn't make sense to me.