What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

BKB

Juniors
No price increases in 8 years and a bit of a re-shuffle and people bitch and moan. That's Australian.

So you don't rate Nathan Tinkler's plan to sell memberships at $5 a home game to pack the place out? You'd rather have 10,000 at ours and tell people to suck it up? That's a bit short sighted mate in a working class area like Penrith.

franklin2323

Immortal
Agreed. A category 4 should of came in. Like that $50 membership have it on for the hills and maybe to the 10 or 20m lines or something. Cate 1 the grandstands to the 2nd last bays. No one buys the last bays class them in Cate 2 which is the terrace from last year. And cate 3 the rest of the seating

Big Mick

Referee
So you don't rate Nathan Tinkler's plan to sell memberships at $5 a home game to pack the place out? You'd rather have 10,000 at ours and tell people to suck it up? That's a bit short sighted mate in a working class area like Penrith.

Mate if it was me? this would be my plan:

- Family ticket package that includes the following:
* Parking at the ground ($10)
* Food voucher valid for one per person in the family (Pie & drink) Assume $10 each so $40
* GA tickets - Assume $20 for adult & $10 for Kids
* Merchandise discount of 10% with your game ticket
* Kids sticker package etc
RRP - $110, Actual charge $70.

Now $70 may seem steep....but this pre-purchased package will allow a family to know EXACTLY what their expenditure will be for a day out at the footy and give the family incentive for merchandise purchase as well.

As for other stuff. I love Tinkler's idea of $5 a game memberships...but I'd take it further. If you are an adult and a member...you are entitled to bring a child with you to each game for free.

My point above is I can understand why Penrith made the decision they did. Would I do it...no. I'd find creative ways around the situation and make it more attractive like the two proposals I posted above this. But that's just me.

I was always of the belief it's better to fill the place up with $10 tickets than get 10,000 with $20 tickets...but then I reviewed a lot of data that doesn't support that notion. You are basically doubling your costs for a day of running the footy...for the same income essentially. More staff required, More raw costs etc and to offset your greatest source of income on game day is essentially halved. Tinkler can afford to learn that...I don't think we have that luxury. We need to find ways around it.

Last edited:

Spitty

Juniors
I'm not sure if it was there goal or not, but gee they'll sell some GA memberships. $150 is bargain basement price, a $30 reduction in previous years obviously offset by the reduced GA area.

My family and I have been Bay 5 members for the past few years, but I doubt that'll be the case this year. You can call it bitching if you want but with my wife on unpaid maternity leave, another mouth to feed, a bigger mortgage to pay for and my eldest starting school in 2013. A $150 price rise is a big deal, difficult to budget for and impossible to justify.

So I guess my only option is to take advantage of the cheap GA membership. With the GA area being cut by about a third, competition for seats will mean an early arrival at the ground, not possible in my situation. So it's beer hill (not really fair on the kids) or family hill (where I can't have a beer). Or no membership, but that's the last resort. Decisions, decisions.

franklin2323

Immortal
Nah. It's not bitching that's life. You won't be the only person in that situation I am sure. Hopefully you get a GA membership and are able to attend games.

Big Mick

Referee
Well Spitty if you are tight for a dollar this year, I recommend Family Hill and skipping paying $6-7 a pop for grog at the ground.

Karnivayne

Juniors
That's the problem the club by putting prices up have robbed themselves of that $7 per game per person that doesn't buy a membership plus the $7 per game per person from people that wont be able to afford it because of the increase. plus whatever percentage of people that dont renew from the increase.

I like your ideas Mick that would seem reasonable to increase price and have some sort of reward for paying more but in Panthers plan you get the same or less for more money, all that is being sold to us to justify an increase is that we have a couple of potentially good signings.

Spitty

Juniors
Well Spitty if you are tight for a dollar this year, I recommend Family Hill and skipping paying $6-7 a pop for grog at the ground.

That's the most likely scenario mate, but it totally changes my game day experience.

Not only the lack of beer, but issues with kids etc. but I won't bore you with those details.

I'm sure the club did market research etc. and I'm sure they've got a strategic plan (apart from saving money) but I just can't see anyway that GA won't sell heavily and other area's not so much. Those terrace bays on he western side that used to be GA will be a ghost town now.

Maybe that's the plan. Fill the hill and the eastern terrace which get the most TV exposure and leave the Western side empty. Not really fair for those who've had Western Terrace tickets for years, I imagine the atmosphere over that side will be dead with those outer terraces near empty. But this is the way of the future, best roll with it.

darkbloom

Juniors
That's the most likely scenario mate, but it totally changes my game day experience.

Not only the lack of beer, but issues with kids etc. but I won't bore you with those details.

I'm sure the club did market research etc. and I'm sure they've got a strategic plan (apart from saving money) but I just can't see anyway that GA won't sell heavily and other area's not so much. Those terrace bays on he western side that used to be GA will be a ghost town now.

Maybe that's the plan. Fill the hill and the eastern terrace which get the most TV exposure and leave the Western side empty. Not really fair for those who've had Western Terrace tickets for years, I imagine the atmosphere over that side will be dead with those outer terraces near empty. But this is the way of the future, best roll with it.

Are you sure about the market research. The strategic plan probably exists but is based on what?

murraymob

Coach
season tickets went on sale today. Being told brochuers will be sent out back end of week.But can be bought now over the phone or in person at the club

murraymob

Coach
is the section where the black hole sit example where adam strawbs sit reserved or still general admission once you have you black hole tickets

franklin2323

Immortal
bump. Actual figure 3 weeks out from the season 3609. It seems raising prices on top of selling your 3 most popular players doesn't help grow members.

Nabuli & Roberts will be loved. I am sure in the mean time there has too be something to be done to get people to sign.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Yeah the number is up from last year. The club is planning a big push in a couple of weeks time. If we can get 6000 ticketed that is pretty good. A lot more $$$ due to the price rise too.

ashton

Juniors
2013 TIMMY'S JRL MEMBERSHIP

Timmy's JRL Membership for 2013 includes
2 x Adult General Admission Tickets
Exclusive Asics Beanie (for the 16 & Under)
Cap (for the 17 & Over)
Bumper Sticker
Lanyard
Timmy's JRL Member card
and much more!!!

Over $75.00 in value for $25.00 for the 16 and Under and $30.00 for the 17 and Over

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Good little ploy by the club to increase non ticketed memberships. A pack needs to be over $20 to be classed as a non ticketed membership.

darkbloom

Juniors
If it is being done as a ploy just to boost numbers, it will be seen that way and they memberships won't last long.

If it is a genuine attempt to get people engaged it should work well.

franklin2323

Immortal
Not really a ploy. All juniors get the free entry cards so a membership is really not needed. This way it bridges that gap.