What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

Exactly!!!

Suburban grounds = less seats available = more need to renew/become member to get those limited seats.

This is exactly why we need to find the right balance between suburban grounds and big stadiums. Keep the small venues and fill them up with members, get waiting lists, etc and there becomes a level of exclusivity being able to attend a game. Hold bigger games at bigger venues and allow the casual fans to still see their teams go round

Perth Red

Post Whore
With club grants going up I was hoping we might see cheaper memberships for fans. I believe Titans are cheaper this year, is any other club offering cheaper memberships than previous years?

Perth Red

Post Whore
This is exactly why we need to find the right balance between suburban grounds and big stadiums. Keep the small venues and fill them up with members, get waiting lists, etc and there becomes a level of exclusivity being able to attend a game. Hold bigger games at bigger venues and allow the casual fans to still see their teams go round

I've not come across that sports business model of restricting your customers before! You might be on to something.

Saint Doc

Coach
I've not come across that sports business model of restricting your customers before! You might be on to something.

You haven't heard of using the principle of supply and demand as a strategy in business?

So your extensive studies in business obviously didn't include year 9 business studies?!

Perth Red

Post Whore
In sports? No! Generally the idea is to ensure your supply can meet demand, hence bigger stadiums being built. I am struggling to think of a sports club that decided to build a smaller stadium than they previously had?

Saint Doc

Coach
In sports? No! Generally the idea is to ensure your supply can meet demand, hence bigger stadiums being built. I am struggling to think of a sports club that decided to build a smaller stadium than they previously had?

West Sydney Wanderers kept their first ever derby against Sydney FC at Parramatta Stadium. Sydney FC got 35,000 the week before, Wanderers got something like 10,000 against Mariners, plus some people (myself include) wanted to go having not been to an A-League game in Sydney for 7 years

Potential crowd of at least 40,000 based on that

They kept it at 19,000 capacity Parramatta.

Why?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Because they are idiots? Why else would you not sell as much of your product as you can? Only other reason would be if the cost of hiring a bigger stadium was more than the anticipated extra ticket sales.

Perth wildcats moved from the 2500 capacity challenge stadium to our new 12500 Perth arena.so far they have had two 10k+ crowds and sold 6000 season memberships. You'd best give them a ring and let them know they should have stayed in their smaller home and kept demand high!

Saint Doc

Coach
Because they are idiots? Why else would you not sell as much of your product as you can? Only other reason would be if the cost of hiring a bigger stadium was more than the anticipated extra ticket sales.

Perth wildcats moved from the 2500 capacity challenge stadium to our new 12500 Perth arena.so far they have had two 10k+ crowds and sold 6000 season memberships. You'd best give them a ring and let them know they should have stayed in their smaller home and kept demand high!

Geeze you are an idiot. I never said teams shouldn't move to bigger stadiums and grow their product. But there are many examples when a team may decide to limit supply as a strategy. You claimed it hasn't been done before. I could list heaps of examples but gave you a valid recent example of the strategy.

The reason they did it was to encourage membership (guarrantee your seat), promote hype, improve atmosphere (give people a good experience at Parramatta during a sold out derby, theyre more likely to come back).

The Storm's recent prelims at AAMI instead of ETIHAD is another recent example

It's a strategy that has its role whether you like it or not.

Dragons fans are always good travelers. Plenty of them at away games.

Rather sit with Dragon fans then Souffs! FMD brain dead toothless old bags screaming abuse, it's just the pits!

_Johnsy

Referee
Dragons numbers are a surprise,i wouldn't have thought fans would to to optimistic about there chances next year

Oh really,then how come the Eels had a higher crowd average then the Dragons in 2012 after the Eels have had 3 disgraceful seasons in a row

:lol:

Forgive me for my ignorance, i thought the thread and your comment related directly to membership numbers.

Farkwit.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Because we brought 35000 to your final home gave as we farewelled our heroes :roll: :crazy:

Are you referring to Hindy and Burt's last game? Because I was there and there was f**k all Dragons fans there. Read the crowd watch thread at the time, many people commented on how little Dragons fans were there.

Saint Doc

Coach
Are you referring to Hindy and Burt's last game? Because I was there and there was f**k all Dragons fans there. Read the crowd watch thread at the time, many people commented on how little Dragons fans were there.

I think you missed the obvious sarcasm in my post

It was obviously a ridiculous boast that the Eels crowd average was higher than the Dragons (since it was artificially boosted by a once-ever sized last round wooden spooners crowd) so I made the obviously ridiculous boast that we dominated said crowd

Latest posts